Wendy’s has the absolute worst French fries

Brennan Huff

5 hours ago, teef said:

me too.  it's by far the worst any fast food place has lit me up.  i was driving back to buffalo when I was stricken with pain.  i actually devised a plan about how i was going to get out of my car and into my apartment, covered in my own mess.  fortunately i made it to a rest stop.   ever hear someone destroying a public bathroom out of necessity?  that was me...because of wendys chicken nuggets.

Ours was Popeye’s Chicken after a Clemson football game. Rural SC backroads, but full of game day traffic. Restroom options are almost non-existent. I was with my bride, and we were about to test our marriage. It was one of the worst days of my life. 

My son and some friends all got sliders at Chili’s while at FSU. Sliders was too kind, they should have been called gushers. It was several days before they could lose sight of a toilet safely. A couple months later he was with my wife at St Jude Children’s Hospital for an anniversary thing. The CEO of Chili’s was a speaker. My wife noticed my son was getting intense and gritting his teeth. She asked if he was OK and he responded “I want words with that man!”  😂

Not at all surprising a fast food thread has taken this turn, is it?  :)

18 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Mine was an Asian chicken salad. Ended up in the hospital with dehydration after I passed out in the middle of the night. Coincidentally I was trying to drink a glass of water. Tipped my head back and the lights went out. Woke up on the floor.

this might be the greatest fast food story i've ever heard.

13 hours ago, Augie said:

Ours was Popeye’s Chicken after a Clemson football game. Rural SC backroads, but full of game day traffic. Restroom options are almost non-existent. I was with my bride, and we were about to test our marriage. It was one of the worst days of my life. 

My son and some friends all got sliders at Chili’s while at FSU. Sliders was too kind, they should have been called gushers. It was several days before they could lose sight of a toilet safely. A couple months later he was with my wife at St Jude Children’s Hospital for an anniversary thing. The CEO of Chili’s was a speaker. My wife noticed my son was getting intense and gritting his teeth. She asked if he was OK and he responded “I want words with that man!”  😂

Not at all surprising a fast food thread has taken this turn, is it?  :)

that feeling is just the worst.  it's funny you mention chili's.  i have a very strong stomach, but chili's is one of the few places that i know that can ruin me.  the only other thing i've had ruin me are the ghost pepper wings i had from a local place.  the wings were amazing, but my god...

2 hours ago, teef said:

that feeling is just the worst.  it's funny you mention chili's.  i have a very strong stomach, but chili's is one of the few places that i know that can ruin me.  the only other thing i've had ruin me are the ghost pepper wings i had from a local place.  the wings were amazing, but my god...

Weird.  After all of your input in this thread, alone, all I can keep thinking is, "holy crap, what a wuss this dude is."

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Gugny said:

Weird.  After all of your input in this thread, alone, all I can keep thinking is, "holy crap, what a wuss this dude is."

hey...i'm 43 and it's happened maybe 3 times in my life.  that ain't bad.

Remember when Wendy’s had a little buffet with salad, pasta and a taco bar?  Only time in my life to my knowledge I’ve ever had food poisoning.  I think it was the taco meat.  I was probably 9 or 10, but I remember I couldn’t even swallow my own saliva for about 3 days.  It was baaaad.

On 7/6/2021 at 6:36 PM, Augie said:

Years ago my wife was with someone she was just getting acquainted with when the lady said “I’ve never done five guys.” 

My wife had never heard of the burger joint and didn’t know how to respond. 🤷‍♂️ 

Your wife should have deadpanned, "I highly recommend it...especially if one of them is a midget."

• Haha (+1) 2

My only food poisoning experience was at a Ruby Tuesday's in Saratoga Springs, NY.  

August 29, 1999 ... my then-girlfriend (subsequent ex-wife) and I had a bit to eat before attending the Alanis Morrissette/Tori Amos concert.  I had a chicken sandwich and I thought it was a little undercooked, but not "raw," per se.  I ate it.

Next day was brutal (mostly puking).

My own fault.  But I never ate at a Ruby Tuesday's again.

3 hours ago, teef said:

The distillery?

1 minute ago, teef said:

oh yeah.  the one in victor.  the food in general is ok, but i like the bar, and the wings are really solid.

Lol same, I worked at the end of garnsey and would go there for lunch think it was Thursday I could get 50 cent wings. 

got ghost one time as I like spicy and yeah good going down but after not so much

Just now, Bray Wyatt said:

Lol same, I worked at the end of garnsey and would go there for lunch think it was Thursday I could get 50 cent wings. 

got ghost one time as I like spicy and yeah good going down but after not so much

i live right up the road on a street across from casa larga.  it's too easy not to go there.  the waitress know my kids and their names at this point.  if they're acting up, i give the staff a look, and the get us out quick.  have a similar situation going on at noonans on the 31.  also very good wings.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, teef said:

i live right up the road on a street across from casa larga.  it's too easy not to go there.  the waitress know my kids and their names at this point.  if they're acting up, i give the staff a look, and the get us out quick.  have a similar situation going on at noonans on the 31.  also very good wings.

Ah the old macgregors! I grew up off mason and my family would go there all the time.

I live in Tennessee (work remote for same employer tho) now so don’t get the good wing selection anymore that I used to have up there

Edited by Bray Wyatt

1 minute ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Ah the old macgregors! I grew up off mason and my family would go there all the time.

I live in Tennessee (work remote for same employer tho) now so don’t get the good wing selection anymore that I used to have up there

that's the place!  it's still not easy to get great wings believe it or not.  there's not many places that when you ask for extra crispy wings, they do it the right way.  distillery and noonans do it right.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, teef said:

that's the place!  it's still not easy to get great wings believe it or not.  there's not many places that when you ask for extra crispy wings, they do it the right way.  distillery and noonans do it right.

Jeremiahs (the one off culver) was another good one, the one in penfield is hit or miss

Man it’s making me want wings now lol 

crazy how TN can make amazing hot chicken sandwiches but wings are sub par 

15 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Jeremiahs (the one off culver) was another good one, the one in penfield is hit or miss

i went to the jeremiahs in penfield for the first time a few weeks ago.   it was meh, but the place was packed.   the hot chicken sandwiches are officially a thing here now.  most places have them on the menu, and it's now my new go to order.  

15 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Wasn’t it Jeremiah’s on Monroe that used to have live music on Thursday nights (early 2000s)?  I pulled so much ass out of that place 😁

58 minutes ago, Gugny said:

My only food poisoning experience was at a Ruby Tuesday's in Saratoga Springs, NY.  

August 29, 1999 ... my then-girlfriend (subsequent ex-wife) and I had a bit to eat before attending the Alanis Morrissette/Tori Amos concert.  I had a chicken sandwich and I thought it was a little undercooked, but not "raw," per se.  I ate it.

Next day was brutal (mostly puking).

My own fault.  But I never ate at a Ruby Tuesday's again.

Well your in luck, next time ya come through theres one right across from Mooneys that we had lunch at the last time. We'll eat there.

1 minute ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Well your in luck, next time ya come through theres one right across from Mooneys that we had lunch at the last time. We'll eat there.

Like hell, we will!!

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.