Wendy’s has the absolute worst French fries

Brennan Huff

Friend's sister worked at Wendy's  about 35-40 years ago. She said when  she commented to her boss about the greasy burgers he said "That's JUICE, not grease!".

• Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

now I am going to have to try that. But I have my doubts that it will stack up to the great horsey sauce! 

Grab a few by a Publix deli... good stuff.

5 hours ago, 707BillsFan said:

Dump a few packets of Horsey Sauce on those and PERFECTION!! 

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

There is no better condiment than Arby’s horsey sauce. 

I never minded that name until Brady and Guerrero came along. 🤨

2 hours ago, Rico said:

I would say BK fries are the worst, because they will slip an onion ring in there when you least expect it. If you’re eating while driving and not paying attention, it can be a total disaster. :thumbdown:

Slip it in?  Or it got dredged up out of the oil on the bottom of the fry basket.

I used to really like onion rings until the night I had a batch from Garrisons Subs in Niagara Falls, Ontario.  I don't know when the last time they changed the oil; the sumbitches tasted like fish.  Bad fish. 🤨

10 hours ago, Wacka said:

Do you want grits with that??

My grandma was from North Carolina so I actually grew up on grits.  Love them!  Just like fries they have to be salted just right or they suck.  And they should have plenty of real butter in them so they taste a lot like buttered popcorn.  Some folks like them with maple syrup but I like them savory not sweet.  Just my preference.

Funny how many people around the country don’t know what grits are.  

3 hours ago, Apocalypse Nuts said:

My grandma was from North Carolina so I actually grew up on grits.  Love them!  Just like fries they have to be salted just right or they suck.  And they should have plenty of real butter in them so they taste a lot like buttered popcorn.  Some folks like them with maple syrup but I like them savory not sweet.  Just my preference.

Funny how many people around the country don’t know what grits are.  

Cheesy grits are my personal favorite yet live in Buffalo and can't get them many places. 

On 7/7/2021 at 9:48 AM, Brennan Huff said:

Arby’s is the best fast food, period. You can never go wrong with a beef n cheddar 

Back in 2013/14, when Arby's came out with that smokehouse brisket sandwich, that was the best beef sandwich I ever had from a fast food place.  Texture and cut seemed legit.   Definitely caught my attention and $.  After about a year or two they cheapened it up to the standard sliced cold-cut version and lost me instantly.  Such a shame.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Cheesy grits are my personal favorite yet live in Buffalo and can't get them many places. 

the only place you find them around here is at bbq places.  i can only think of one that definitely has it, but they are amazing.

8 hours ago, GaryPinC said:

Back in 2013/14, when Arby's came out with that smokehouse brisket sandwich, that was the best beef sandwich I ever had from a fast food place.  Texture and cut seemed legit.   Definitely caught my attention and $.  After about a year or two they cheapened it up to the standard sliced cold-cut version and lost me instantly.  Such a shame.

Every time I try one of their seasonal special sandwiches I’m usually disappointed. Now I almost always stick with my beef n cheddar and curly fries with a cup of cheese

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

Every time I try one of their seasonal special sandwiches I’m usually disappointed. Now I almost always stick with my beef n cheddar and curly fries with a cup of cheese

Their "beef" is sketchy on those. As, they also offer roast beef. What is the difference... but, the fries are great.

11 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

Exactly!  They always sound so good but the execution is always disappointing.  They love some Arby’s here where I live.  You have to expect a huge line at lunch everyday.  You can barely get in the parking lot.  

On 7/6/2021 at 11:14 PM, Doc Brown said:

Arby's.  Game, set, match.  Five Guys if you want to take out a second mortgage.

IMG_0434.jpg

If we are going to bring curly fries into this discussion then I have to go with Jack in the Box.

7 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

If we are going to bring curly fries into this discussion then I have to go with Jack in the Box.

I've only had Jack in the Box once.  They were fantastic but under cooked.  Arby's still is better in my mind but am willing to give Jack in the Box another shot.  I'm going to SF in mid August and will make it a priority.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.