Wendy’s has the absolute worst French fries

Brennan Huff

5 hours ago, NobesBLO13 said:

Lettuce??? Don’t talk about…Lettuce? Ya kidding me? Lettuce?

nothing worse on a burger or especially a wrap when the lettuce transforms into a thin slimey chewy layer instead of providing the crunch

wendy's is mad shakey with its lettuce, this must no be avoided

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

When I come home cold and tired, it's good to warm my bones beside the fire.

Run, rabbit, run.

And yeah, Wendy's fries do suck.  And they don't care, considering they've never tried to improve them (like BK tried).  Mickey D's is the best.  I like 5 Guys' fries but they're so big and meaty.  I can't eat more than a few without feeling bloated.

1 hour ago, Brennan Huff said:

I work in a bread making factory. It’s basically like working inside of a big oven. Being cold is never an issue 

I live in a city with a bread factory and it smells amazing.

I've always wondered... Are you hungry the entire shift?  Do you hate bread now?  Does it still smell as good to you?

Help a brother out so I can stop thinking these thoughts every time I drive by lol.

I work in a bread making factory. It’s basically like working inside of a big oven. Being cold is never an issue 

Have you ever gotten a yeast infection from there?

• Haha (+1) 4

and FYI for other lactose-intolerant individuals out there, McDonald's fries will probably give you a problem if you don't take a Lactaid or generic lactase enzyme pill or such.  Apparently, last I heard anyway, one of the ingredients in the "other flavoring" as it's listed is a milk-based ingredient.  I think, but I'm not sure, that it contains lactose because of that and that makes sense to me because I used to have problems when I ate only their fries.  I'm the lactose-intolerance king so I'm pretty informed about lactose-containing food and food products out there. 

Also, you don't need to buy that special lactose free milk.  You can save a dollar or more per gallon by buying the regular milk and dropping a lactase pill or chewable right in and letting it sit for at least 24 hours.  You don't even have to shake it up every so often.  Just let it sit and it will work its magic all by itself.

That's all I do now and it works like a charm.  I'm super sensitive to lactose and our milk gives me zero problems.  I just use a Sharpie and put a little smiley face on the gallons that I treat so I'm absolutely sure any milk that I drink at home has been treated and is perfectly safe.  No smiley face = no drinkey.  Just a little tip.

14 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

that biggie bag is a great deal, especially since you can sub a frosty for the drink at no extra cost. 

I used to work at Wendy’s as a high schooler, and it was common for people to ask for their fries well done. We would just drop some cooked ones in the fryer to crisp them up some— you should try that. 

Bro this is great information!  I never heard that before.  Cause when their fries are hot and crispy they are out of this world IMO.  Fantastic!

Appreciate ya!

Edited by Apocalypse Nuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Arby’s curly fries are very underrated, McD’s has best fries bar none, provided they just came out of the fryer with at least semi-clean oil—I worked the grill during high school, and if you go when it’s super busy, best chance to get freshest food including the fries in fresh oil so long as you don’t mind waiting some.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Arby’s has been my go to for fast food for awhile now, but I feel that a they have wronged me.  Their potato cakes were a hidden gem.  They were always made to order so I could count on them being hot and crispy.  They are now discontinued.  Last time I went I also ordered a Buffalo grilled chicken sandwich and it was not good.  Little disks of chicken.  Bletch. Guess I’m back to the French dip and curly fries.  If I’m going out for a burger and fries I just pony up for 5 Guys.  I’m at a point where high calorie meals have to be worth it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, section122 said:

I live in a city with a bread factory and it smells amazing.

I've always wondered... Are you hungry the entire shift?  Do you hate bread now?  Does it still smell as good to you?

Help a brother out so I can stop thinking these thoughts every time I drive by lol.

I don’t even notice the smell anymore. It’s cool because I always have access to bread, hamburger/hot dog rolls, bagels, English muffins, all the entemanns goodness, etc. My girlfriend gets mad because I’m always bringing stuff home

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Have you ever gotten a yeast infection from there?

No just crabs a couple times

Edited by Brennan Huff
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don’t even notice the smell anymore. It’s cool because I always have access to bread, hamburger/hot dog rolls, bagels, English muffins, all the entemanns goodness, etc. My girlfriend gets mad because I’m always bringing stuff home

I’m not allowed to bring certain stuff home, and bread is on the list. Wife can’t do gluten or dairy safely, but she can’t help herself sometimes. I want NONE of that blame! 

In college there was a bread factory across the street from campus that ran all night to have fresh bread in the morning. We would close the bar and head to the loosely guarded bread factory for something to eat. We had very low standards as drunk college kids! 

We went out to Northern California years ago. You’d think we would learn, but night after night we would go to beautiful restaurants with great food, order our VERY expensive meal….then fill up on wine and amazing breads. By the time the meal arrived we forced down a few bites because we felt guilty and stupid for filling up before the meal arrived….again!

The funniest part was watching the couples who sat down next to us 20 minutes after we arrived. They would do THE EXACT SAME THING! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m not allowed to bring certain stuff home, and bread is on the list. Wife can’t do gluten or dairy safely, but she can’t help herself sometimes. I want NONE of that blame! 

In college there was a bread factory across the street from campus that ran all night to have fresh bread in the morning. We would close the bar and head to the loosely guarded bread factory for something to eat. We had very low standards as drunk college kids! 

We went out to Northern California years ago. You’d think we would learn, but night after night we would go to beautiful restaurants with great food, order our VERY expensive meal….then fill up an wine and amazing breads. By the time the meal arrived we forced down a few bites because we felt guilty and stupid for filling up before the meal arrived….again!

The funniest part was watching the couples who sat down next to us 20 minutes after we arrived. They would do THE EXACT SAME THING! 

We always do the same thing. I’ll always order a big steak for dinner, but then we always get an appetizer, soup/salad, breads,etc. Then my steak comes and I have to force myself to try to finish it. Lately I’ve been reminding myself that we don’t need any of that other stuff. Just send me the steak please…

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

There is no better condiment than Arby’s horsey sauce. 

It’s certainly better than ranch dip with wings, not matter what that crazy @Royale with Cheese will tell you!  :)

@Brennan Huff I still remember the final meal out in California wine country. This was decades ago, but I can see the Kansas City style ribs arriving at the table in Calistoga and wanting to vomit! I think I made myself take one bite. We were staying in a hotel, and leaving the next day. There should be a program where they just give the lions share of those meals to people in need, because I just wanted it to go AWAY!  (Never said I was a smart person…) 

23 hours ago, Apocalypse Nuts said:

Wendy's is my fav fast-food joint.  When their fries are piping hot fresh they are superb.  That being said they are only perfectly fresh like 5% of the time, if that.  BK's are atrocious so is the rest of their food now.  I worked at a BK in high school and the fries were better then, though paled in comparison to McD's.  Problem with McD's is they only salt them sufficiently half the time.  Fries with no or too little salt are not worth eating at all.  You would think it would be fairly simple to get your staff to properly salt f-ing fries but I guess not.  I agree with the other guy about the JCB at Wendy's.  Lately I get a few of those so I don't have to waste my time with inferior fries.

Wow, my knowledge of fast food is concerning.  But I live in East TN which is not exactly a mecca of healthy eating options.

Do you want grits with that??

Edited by Wacka
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.