Wendy’s has the absolute worst French fries

Brennan Huff

8 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

I try not to eat fast food all that often. Tonight I went through the Wendy’s drive thru. Their fries are awful. Their nuggets aren’t half bad though. McDonald is still king for fries and nuggets..

You better be careful what you say, their social media game is fierce, if want a good laugh checkout some of their responses on Twitter. 

• Like (+1) 1

As far as fast food joints go, I agree that McD's is at the top.  BK's fries are pretty solid, too.

With regard to 5 Guys - I TOTALLY agree that they do not fall into the "fast food," bucket.  Their fries are great and I think they make the best burger out there, as far as chain restaurants are concerned.

• Agree 1

When we do actually cave and get fast food, we go to Wendy's for the burgers/sandwiches, and then go across the street to McDonalds for the fries. Only way to do it properly.

(Not counting 5 Guys, CFA, or Popeye's since they are a little further drive up the street, and have no issues with any of their food)

Edited by DrDawkinstein

14 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

I try not to eat fast food all that often. Tonight I went through the Wendy’s drive thru. Their fries are awful. Their nuggets aren’t half bad though. McDonald is still king for fries and nuggets..

Its true, they're absolute garbage, which is a shame because their spicy chicken sandwich is legit.  I mean how hard is it to turn the fryer up a little and make your fries crispy?  Anyway, they're building a Wendys right up the road, so i'll have a lot to complain about coming soon

In N'Out might have the worst fries I have ever had.  They were basically raw on the inside.  Apparently if you want cooked potatoes you have to order them in a secret code: "french fries really well done, double double, animal style, 2 cool for you dudebros"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

27 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

In N'Out might have the worst fries I have ever had.  They were basically raw on the inside.  Apparently if you want cooked potatoes you have to order them in a secret code: "french fries really well done, double double, animal style, 2 cool for you dudebros"

Agreed.  I shouldn’t have to tell a restaurant to fry their fries longer to make them right. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

9 hours ago, Gugny said:

As far as fast food joints go, I agree that McD's is at the top.  BK's fries are pretty solid, too.

With regard to 5 Guys - I TOTALLY agree that they do not fall into the "fast food," bucket.  Their fries are great and I think they make the best burger out there, as far as chain restaurants are concerned.

BK has decent fries but their nuggets are barely edible. Even frozen Banquet nuggets are better than theirs

19 hours ago, Limeaid said:

McDonald's fties are newspaper compared to Five Guys fries.

Years ago my wife was with someone she was just getting acquainted with when the lady said “I’ve never done five guys.” 

My wife had never heard of the burger joint and didn’t know how to respond. 🤷‍♂️ 

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Wendy's is my fav fast-food joint.  When their fries are piping hot fresh they are superb.  That being said they are only perfectly fresh like 5% of the time, if that.  BK's are atrocious so is the rest of their food now.  I worked at a BK in high school and the fries were better then, though paled in comparison to McD's.  Problem with McD's is they only salt them sufficiently half the time.  Fries with no or too little salt are not worth eating at all.  You would think it would be fairly simple to get your staff to properly salt f-ing fries but I guess not.  I agree with the other guy about the JCB at Wendy's.  Lately I get a few of those so I don't have to waste my time with inferior fries.

Wow, my knowledge of fast food is concerning.  But I live in East TN which is not exactly a mecca of healthy eating options.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.