If Rousseau was eligible for the 2020 NFL draft he goes #20 max

Say in retrospect we had the foresight of an altered college season & opt-outs allowing Greg to be 'eligible' and declare for 2020 draft

We can agree that Chase is #1 DE @ 1-2-2 to WFT

But the rest of the DE class required 'development' or had question marks like the 2021 class

Based on the Bills 2021 draft selection Rousseau's floor would be pick 2-22-54

1-2-2 Chase Young Ohio State

-------

1-20-20 K'Lavon Chaisson LSU

2-6-38 Yetor Gross Matos Penn State

2-16-48 Darrell Taylor Tennessee 

2-22-54 AJ Epenesa Iowa

-------

3-15-79 Jabari Zuniga Florida

Jacksonville selects Groot at 20

What if Basham was also eligible in 2020 and thrown in the mix just for fun?

Would the Bills still choose AJ over Boogie at 2-22-54?

Edited by Uncle Vontae
  • Like (+1) 3

• Uncle Vontae changed the title to If Rousseau was eligible for the 2020 NFL draft he goes #20 max

If I look at my top 6 edge grades across the last two drafts it is:

1. Chase Young (the only one across two classes I have a 1st round grade on). 

2. K'Lavon Chaisson (1st / 2nd borderline)

3. Kwity Paye (1st / 2nd borderline)

4. Jaelen Phillips (high 2nd)

5. AJ Epenesa (high 2nd)

6. Gregory Rousseau (high 2nd)

Basically #2 to #6 are within 0.2 points of each other by my grading system. It is Young and then a load of closely bunched guys. 

Just for completeness Basham would be my #19 edge across the last two classes. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’m not totally sure what the flaming is all about but I believe the OP was making a comment on the strength and depth of the past two year’s DE draft classes. Now, that same point could be made about any number of players and often times in the inverse…enter EJ Manual, for instance. 

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m not totally sure what the flaming is all about but I believe the OP was making a comment on the strength and depth of the past two year’s DE draft classes. Now, that same point could be made about any number of players and often times in the inverse…enter EJ Manual, for instance. 

Flamers gonna flame...🤣

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Vontae,

As you’re new at least in posting, you might want to hang back, read the posters and just reply for awhile,

as thus was a rookie mistake.  Not a big deal, but others who were new made the same mistakes.  You certainly won’t be the last.

When Guns was new around here he used to write, "Matt Kofler (RIP) and Dan Manucci were great QBs who never got a fair shot!", and "Lonnie Johnson could be something very special at TE in this League", and "blue cheese is for losers."

It was adorable.

😂 JK, brother...38 days and counting.

• Haha (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

When Guns was new around here he used to write, "Matt Kofler (RIP) and Dan Manucci were great QBs who never got a fair shot!", and "Lonnie Johnson could be something very special at TE in this League", and "blue cheese is for losers."

It was adorable.

😂 JK, brother...38 days and counting.

Don’t forget I thought M. Williams, James Hardy (RIP), and Maybin we’re going to be AWESOME! Ah, to be young. 🤪🤩🏋️♂️🦬

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

Don’t forget I thought M. Williams, James Hardy (RIP), and Maybin we’re going to be AWESOME! Ah, to be young. 🤪🤩🏋️♂️🦬

I thought Donte Whitner and Ko Simpson would be our starting duo for decades!

Edited by TheyCallMeAndy
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

We have a 3rd Ertz thread of 20+, a thread about Josh Allen’s dog, and the daily ‘someone said something mean about this team’ thread.

Yet we are patronizing a new poster who posted something thoughtful and interesting. 

Makes sense. 

That is the way this board rolls😐

• Like (+1) 1

I would say that were Rousseau to have not opted out, and had progressed in his system, and had a moderately better 2019 than his 2018, then yeah, Rousseau is a top 20 pick. And, I think this is what McD, and Beane are banking on. Add his obvious athleticism, and versatility, and he is a classic McD/Beane pick. And the fact that he is raw, and coachable makes him a perfect fit for the front-line rotational scheme that the Bills deploy. 

Potential for bust? Sure. But, in my homerist opinion, the Bills will be the perfect system for someone like Rousseau to succeed.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

We have a 3rd Ertz thread of 20+, a thread about Josh Allen’s dog, and the daily ‘someone said something mean about this team’ thread.

Yet we are patronizing a new poster who posted something thoughtful and interesting. 

Makes sense. 

To be fair, I'm not convinced this isn't in direct response from the 'someone said something mean about this team' thread with Chris Simms.

• Like (+1) 1

speculation.....it seems like there is a consensus that this years draft was lacking in talent compared to most because of Covid.  The Bills went for measurables and a guy that is a project who has high upside but is also a risk.  I doubt he would have went 20 max but we will also never know....lets see what he becomes.  I have faith in this coaching staff to develop players so I am optimistic.