Jacksonville Jag's game question

4 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Re: bolded:

It might ultimately sound that way, but I'll bet the seats on the bandwagon are starting to fill up in Jacksonville.

But by November many could be jumping off.  I'll give Meyers 2 years before he resigns due to health issues again.

On 7/6/2021 at 3:18 AM, Augie said:

Can’t help with the replay cameras, but I’d be more concerned about the sun. I’ve been to a few games there and I wouldn’t take tickets for free in the first month or so. I would want the sun at my back!  (EDIT: and this comes from a guy who lived in Florida for 18 years.) 

It can be so blazing hot early in the season we found ourselves as the only people still in our row of maybe 25 seats. We finally gave in and moved indoors to the AC and watched on tiny monitors with the other people who had paid $250/seat. The Bills were actually rotating OL guys so they didn’t die. Same for Tampa and Miami in the first month or so of the season. 

Sorry for the tangent, and you should be fine in November. That experience had an impact on me! Expect more Bill fans than Jags fans, probably like 4 to 1. 

And that is if the 1 Jag fan bothers showing up that day....

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

By November JAX is likely out of the playoff hunt; Bills fans should rule the roost.

11 minutes ago, eball said:

By November JAX is likely out of the playoff hunt; Bills fans should rule the roost.

In the AFC South that isn't a given. A lot depends on Lawrence, obviously, but there are some pieces on that defense if they can average 21 points per game they will be in plenty of contests. I don't think the Jags make the playoffs ultimately but in a weaker division I can see them being still in the mix come November.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

In the AFC South that isn't a given. A lot depends on Lawrence, obviously, but there are some pieces on that defense if they can average 21 points per game they will be in plenty of contests. I don't think the Jags make the playoffs ultimately but in a weaker division I can see them being still in the mix come November.

I just looked at the schedule and the Bills are only their 8th game so I agree, they will likely not have been eliminated from contention yet.  Based upon their first seven games, though, if they are better than 2-5 going in I’ll be surprised.

3 minutes ago, eball said:

I just looked at the schedule and the Bills are only their 8th game so I agree, they will likely not have been eliminated from contention yet.  Based upon their first seven games, though, if they are better than 2-5 going in I’ll be surprised.

I think they are going to surprise a few people. I think all of their first 4 are potentially winnable. The first playoff team from last year they play is Tennessee in week 5. I could see them at 3-4 or even 4-3. I think the second half of that schedule is tougher than the first. 

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

It’s a long flight over from London, so I understand if he can’t make some games….

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/5/2021 at 9:58 PM, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Does anyone know for certain which side of the field the replay cameras at the jag's stadium are shot from? (visiting or home side?) I went to a Bills game couple years back in Charlotte and my seats were on the opposite side of the field as the replay camera angle was from and it drove me crazy watching all the replays on the large screen in the endzone from the opposite viewpoint of when I'm looking at the field.

Looking into getting tickets for the Bills game down there, but want to be on the same side as the replays are shot from.

id have to look at my photographer ephimaris software where I can zoom in in the stadium and get sun angles and path st game time.

my image is to big to attach.

I think the scoreboard and practice bubble is on the south side of the stadium. The field is north south.

sun sets around 530 pm in the SW end zone front corner corner of the stadium. At high point at noon it’s lovated in a line with the SE end zone back corner 

Edited by djp14150
  • Like (+1) 1