Poll - Will we score over 500 points again for the 2021 season?

Will we score over 500 points again for the 2021 season?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Will we score over 500 points again for the 2021 season?

• Yes
    • No

On 7/8/2021 at 8:48 PM, BillsFan619 said:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Last year we averaged over 31 points a game. Do you believe we can beat that average? Or, will we be under that average?

What are your reasons for the answer you give?

I dont think they will. Many reasons:

Stronger opposition (even the AFCE is stronger this year)

Teams have figured out Daboll Offense a bit (see what happened in the playoffs)

I still believe we will still get our share of wins since the defense is stronger

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

I dont think they will. Many reasons:

Stronger opposition (even the AFCE is stronger this year)

Teams have figured out Daboll Offense a bit (see what happened in the playoffs)

I still believe we will still get our share of wins since the defense is stronger

They figured out how to stop Daboll offense... As in wait for Beasley and Diggs to get injured.

• Like (+1) 1

If our D plays like last year, then we probably will. If our D plays much better, I could see a bit more focus on eating up the clock late in games. Either way, I don't see Daboll ratcheting the O down too much with our WR corps and Allen at QB. We also have 17 games this year, so I'll vote yes.

Edited by GreggTX
  • Like (+1) 1

On 7/10/2021 at 9:35 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

I mean, we should especially with a 17th game.  We aren’t playing as many good defenses as we did last year….we lit them up pretty well except the Ravens.  

I’m hoping we add another 1.5 pts a game.  We have the potential.

Yeah unless they really regress, which I don’t expect them to, I don’t see why they won’t score more either.

They actually have a lot easier schedule (on paper) than they did last year. I don’t expect the division to be much better either. The patriots will bring back many Covid opt outs on defense. That said, who knows how long it will take that many people to gel again. Don’t they have like eight people on defense coming back?

On 7/10/2021 at 2:42 PM, GreggTX said:

If our D plays like last year, then we probably will. If our D plays much better, I could see a bit more focus on eating up the clock late in games. Either way, I don't see Daboll ratcheting the O down too much with our WR corps and Allen at QB. We also have 17 games this year, so I'll vote yes.

Good thoughts.

If it came down to a better more efficient defense, I’d gladly take less points. A better defense will be crucial to our Super Bowl run.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 7/10/2021 at 8:52 AM, TBBills said:

They figured out how to stop Daboll offense... As in wait for Beasley and Diggs to get injured.

TB, speaking of injuries, do you believe JA is at a level now where he would still do well if there was an injury or two at a star WR position?

Edited by BillsFan619

12 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

TB, speaking of injuries, do you believe JA is at a level now where he would still do well if there was an injury or two at a star WR position?

He did do well when there was an injury or two. He also did well when his shoulder was messed up, maybe not 31 points per game but he did put up 20+

• Like (+1) 1

i think we have a more balanced offense run/pass wise, which opens everything up and we score a ton of points as a result.   I expect Moss and Davis to be better in year 2, as well as Knox to finally put it all together.  Breida’s speed element will also enable this offense to keep moving.  I’m excited.  

On 7/10/2021 at 5:42 PM, GreggTX said:

I had the same thoughts.  If our D plays better, we have the ball more.  Daboll may run more, but we are getting points at a higher per possession pace than last year, IMO.  We lost no talent on offense that was not replaced/upgraded.  

On 7/11/2021 at 6:53 PM, BillsFan619 said:

Good thoughts.

If it came down to a better more efficient defense, I’d gladly take less points. A better defense will be crucial to our Super Bowl run.

Go Bills!

agreed.  I’ll score 3 points a game if we win all 3-0!   But, I don’t see that happening.  I think we slow it down perhaps against other high powered offenses, but there are not enough teams like that to keep us under 500 pts in 16 game year.  Although WFT’s D will be a good, early test for the O against a near-elite or elite D

Okay, after further thought, I believe the stars have aligned in our favor, Allen’s number is 17, number of regular season games is 17, my sailboats Hull number is 17, are ya picking up what I’m laying down…,

Go Bills!!!

6 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Okay, after further thought, I believe the stars have aligned in our favor, Allen’s number is 17, number of regular season games is 17, my sailboats Hull number is 17, are ya picking up what I’m laying down…,

Go Bills!!!

Woohoo!

So, what you’re saying is that we’ll get 17 wins this year, one of them being a SB win.

I like it!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Lots of points do not directly correlate to wins. Teams that rack up a lot of points often are giving up a lot of points and have offenses that can score that are put in a position where they have to race to play catch-up. Allen had to put up a bunch of points because our defense could not close the door on most teams when we had the lead.

I am hopeful that our defense will be improved - particularly their penchant for pissing away leads and also for getting teams into 3rd and long plays and letting them convert and move the chains.

If we can win the turnover battles and get more stops it will not take a bucket load of points to put away teams and McD is not the type to run up the score if he has padded his lead and can run out the clock and slow things up, snap the ball at 0.00 on the play clock, and play keep away.

11 hours ago, WideNine said:

Lots of points do not directly correlate to wins. Teams that rack up a lot of points often are giving up a lot of points and have offenses that can score that are put in a position where they have to race to play catch-up. Allen had to put up a bunch of points because our defense could not close the door on most teams when we had the lead.

I am hopeful that our defense will be improved - particularly their penchant for pissing away leads and also for getting teams into 3rd and long plays and letting them convert and move the chains.

If we can win the turnover battles and get more stops it will not take a bucket load of points to put away teams and McD is not the type to run up the score if he has padded his lead and can run out the clock and slow things up, snap the ball at 0.00 on the play clock, and play keep away.

Good thoughts.

I mentioned earlier in this thread that I’d gladly take less points if it meant a better and more efficient defense. That type of defense is so crucial to our Super Bowl run.

Go Bills!

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/14/2021 at 10:39 PM, JerseyBills said:

Run game will be more effective 

Allen will progress 

I vote Yes based off that 

Are you thinking one of DS, ZM or even MB breakout to make the run game more effective? Or do you think the run game will be more effective based on a collective effort?

1 hour ago, BillsFan619 said:

Are you thinking one of DS, ZM or even MB breakout to make the run game more effective? Or do you think the run game will be more effective based on a collective effort?

I'd anticipate 1 to separate themselves from the pack and them as a collective to be way more productive.  

I also think Dabol will be the biggest factor,  now that Allen has become a master of this offense,  I just feel Dabol will construct some new run schemes and make it more effective overall 

This is hard to guess because on one hand if we do score over 500 points again it probably means the defense has not improved (or heaven forbid worsens).

Therefore I would guess we probably don't score 500 points again but still field a top 10 offense with the defense looking more like the 2017 - 2019 version we saw which means we play more gritty low scoring affairs.