Poll - Will we score over 500 points again for the 2021 season?

Will we score over 500 points again for the 2021 season?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Will we score over 500 points again for the 2021 season?

• Yes
    • No

I voted yes....pretty much same answer as most...the extra game.  I am in the hope that Allen continues to improve and the opposing DC guys don't figger it out.  Lamar isn't a good example tho imho.  I believe he was and still remains a one trick pony.....limit his runs for big yards and you have that team under control.....just my $0.02.

Go BILLS!!

16 hours ago, Kwai San said:

I voted yes....pretty much same answer as most...the extra game.  I am in the hope that Allen continues to improve and the opposing DC guys don't figger it out.  Lamar isn't a good example tho imho.  I believe he was and still remains a one trick pony.....limit his runs for big yards and you have that team under control.....just my $0.02.

Go BILLS!!

Agree. Let’s hope JA continues to ascend.

Even when defenses start to figure him out, hopefully he’ll still be able to rise above. I believe he can.

• Like (+1) 1

I think our defense shows up this year and we don't find ourselves having go score for score with teams like we did last year where we were getting in 4th quarter shoot outs.  That means less points but less heart attack victories.

25 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Doubt it, even with the extra game.

Yeah really. Maybe if they start Mitch Trubisky the entire season they might get within 50 points....maybe. Right? 

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

41 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Allen and the offense had a once in a decade type season in terms of stats. Thinking they will produce like that every season is unrealistic.

I see what your saying and that could very well be the case since it was such a big season.

The thing is though, we pretty much have the same offense with the same coaches coming back. We essentially have the same pieces in place with an easier schedule and an extra game.

12 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

There are just so many variables, injuries and the other teams in the div getting better etc. Lamar Jackson may never have another season like his MVP season. Allen may never have another like last season...

shocking.

12 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

There are just so many variables, injuries and the other teams in the div getting better etc. Lamar Jackson may never have another season like his MVP season. Allen may never have another like last season...

You're right Gene.  I don't think any of the greats had more than one great season.  Not Brady, Manning, Marino, Elway, Kelly, Brees....they only had one great season in their careers.  It's pretty unrealistic to ask a QB to have more than one great season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You're right Gene.  I don't think any of the greats had more than one great season.  Not Brady, Manning, Marino, Elway, Kelly, Brees....they only had one great season in their careers.  It's pretty unrealistic to ask a QB to have more than one great season.

Isn't it mind blowing the amount of knowledge Gene has about everything, including the gift he's been blessed with being able to know details of future events so well that he's able to pinpoint even the smallest things.

Be glad and consider it a joy that he is willing to share all this info with you.......🤪                                                    

On 7/4/2021 at 11:25 PM, BillsFan619 said:

Please list your reasons for the answer you gave.

Go Bills!

Ignoring that crabby old man @Chandler#81, I will play along and say yes 500 points in the regular season is achievable. More balance on offense, better experience at WR, more flexibility on the OL. 

On 7/5/2021 at 10:21 AM, Mr. WEO said:

Bunch of teams could be over 500 with 17.  How can Nills not be one of them??

😀

On 7/5/2021 at 3:01 AM, Chandler#81 said:

Yes, it is. It’s called ‘Bud Nipping’. When kids are out of school and know Moms iPad password, we get these type of infantile, mind-numbing speculation threads that dumb down the whole board, regardless of the season. Little Petey and JimmyJoe see this and thinks ‘that’s a good idea!’ 🤦‍♂️

7F431742-9294-4DC3-A54C-30F28B6F29B8.jpeg

39527A9A-22C9-4D7D-9CF4-B5D4602570C6.jpeg

Dude, you need to chill.  I've been known to crap on weak threads from newer members, but you're holding the bar a bit too high on this one.  Restricting thread creation to Pulitzer Prize winning sports reporters is for when there's actually ***** to talk about, not the dead of the offseason.

7 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Ignoring that crabby old man @Chandler#81, I will play along and say yes 500 points in the regular season is achievable. More balance on offense, better experience at WR, more flexibility on the OL. 

😀

Good thoughts.

I do hope we can be more balanced by having a healthier running game. At least to control the clock a little more when needed as well as to keep defenses off balance so they have to think about more than just our passing attack.

9 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

giphy.gif

Classic, Royale!

On 7/4/2021 at 11:25 PM, BillsFan619 said:

Please list your reasons for the answer you gave.

I believe we can. Another year in the system, same great offense, JA having a year more of experience and an easier schedule (at least on paper). Another game doesn’t hurt either.

Go Bills!

Easy yes. 17 Games. Better questions would be - will we average 30 ppg? or will we get 500 points in 16 games?

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Easy yes. 17 Games. Better questions would be - will we average 30 ppg? or will we get 500 points in 16 games?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Last year we averaged over 31 points a game. Do you believe we can beat that average? Or, will we be under that average?

What are your reasons for the answer you give?

Edited by BillsFan619

I truly believe this season will be the best season in franchise history. I think we win the super bowl. I just don’t see how anyone can stop Allen,Diggs, Sanders, Beas, Davis. Diggs, Sanders, and Beas are the best route runners in the league. I even think Breida can do damage on this team. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if we absolutely steam roll teams this year with 30+ points. Not only is our offense loaded for bear, our defense is good enough to hold teams to very little points. It’s going to be special, so grab your popcorn and saddle up. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

11 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I truly believe this season will be the best season in franchise history. I think we win the super bowl. I just don’t see how anyone can stop Allen,Diggs, Sanders, Beas, Davis. Diggs, Sanders, and Beas are the best route runners in the league. I even think Breida can do damage on this team. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if we absolutely steam roll teams this year with 30+ points. Not only is our offense loaded for bear, our defense is good enough to hold teams to very little points. It’s going to be special, so grab your popcorn and saddle up. 

Love it, Iron Maiden. Man, I hope so. Can’t wait for the season to start.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1