Poll - Will we score over 500 points again for the 2021 season?

Will we score over 500 points again for the 2021 season?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Will we score over 500 points again for the 2021 season?

• Yes
    • No

Please list your reasons for the answer you gave.

I believe we can. Another year in the system, same great offense, JA having a year more of experience and an easier schedule (at least on paper). Another game doesn’t hurt either.

Go Bills!

Edited by BillsFan619

• BillsFan619 changed the title to Poll - Will we score over 500 points again?
11 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

It'll be tough now that Lee Smith is gone.  

Hahaha. Nice bro!

9 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Im expecting near record total points. 

That’d be cool!

What has you thinking that?

11 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

Hahaha. Nice bro!

That’d be cool!

What has you thinking that?

I just don’t see many teams stopping us, especially with another great route runner in Sanders. I don’t think Allen has reached his ceiling yet either. 

• Like (+1) 4

• BillsFan619 changed the title to Poll - Will we score over 500 points again for the 2021 season?
5 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I just don’t see many teams stopping us, especially with another great route runner in Sanders. I don’t think Allen has reached his ceiling yet either. 

Awesome thoughts man!

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 1

Who GAF? W’s are the ONLY metric. 

Seriously, this is just ridiculous. If anything, more late game ball control will cut down on opponents trying -and often succeeding- to score late trying to get back in the game. This isn’t video games, kids🤦‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

Seriously, this is just ridiculous. If anything, more late game ball control will cut down on opponents trying -and often succeeding- to score late trying to get back in the game. This isn’t video games, kids🤦‍♂️

Ties are also a metric.  A little bit over the top reaction maybe given this is the dead time of year for the NFL.

I almost want to do a Tyler Bass over/under 30 made field goals thread now.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Who took away your fireworks, man?

Just having fun with you. Thanks for the thoughts.

I will say though, one of the intents of the poll was to create discussion and critical thought about our 2021 offense amongst us Bills fans. This is why I mentioned in my original post to give reasons why they gave the answer they did.

Edited by BillsFan619

54 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

... A little bit over the top reaction maybe given this is the dead time of year for the NFL.

I almost want to do a Tyler Bass over/under 30 made field goals thread now.

Yes, it is. It’s called ‘Bud Nipping’. When kids are out of school and know Moms iPad password, we get these type of infantile, mind-numbing speculation threads that dumb down the whole board, regardless of the season. Little Petey and JimmyJoe see this and thinks ‘that’s a good idea!’ 🤦‍♂️

7F431742-9294-4DC3-A54C-30F28B6F29B8.jpeg

39527A9A-22C9-4D7D-9CF4-B5D4602570C6.jpeg

• Eyeroll 5
  • Haha (+1) 2

Chand, who crapped in you’re cornflakes?  Just kidding old friend.  The boys are bored.

I’ll play.  We defeated 6 of the top 10 defenses last year.  LAR, PITT, SF, Balt, Indy, and LAC.  We have 17 games, not 16, an upgrade in Sanders, retained the key players, and improved to a degree our defensive players.

We only lost to three teams.  The Cards was a fluke as we had them until the Hail Mary.  The Titans was a screwy loss given key injuries.  We don’t have an answer yet for the Chiefs.  This year we have the AFCS, NFCS, the Chiefs and Steelers.  That is a better schedule for us.  Still some tough opponents, but was harder last year.

Bottom line is we can surpass 29.5 pts./game.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 5

24 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Chand, who crapped in you’re cornflakes?  Just kidding old friend.  The boys are bored.

I’ll play.  We defeated 6 of the top 10 defenses last year.  LAR, PITT, SF, Balt, Indy, and LAC.  We have 17 games, not 16, an upgrade in Sanders, retained the key players, and improved to a degree our defensive players.

We only lost to three teams.  The Cards was a fluke as we had them until the Hail Mary.  The Titans was a screwy loss given key injuries.  We don’t have an answer yet fir the Chiefs.  This year we have the AFCS, NFCS, the Chiefs and Steelers.  That is a better schedule for us.  Still some tough opponents, but was harder last year.

Bottom line is we can surpass 29.5 pts./game.

True, but if we don’t have to, why expose our receiver corps to unnecessary injury. How healthy were they in January? How many times did we light up the scoreboard like a Pinball Wizard? We hit Russel Wilson FIFTEEN freakin’ times and sacked him 7 more. Yet they scored 34 points because we kept getting off the field after just a couple minutes of possession. Granted, we scored at will. Consequently, they had many more offensive possessions than usual, which allowed them to nearly overcome 4 turnovers & 7 sacks on the road. 

If we learned anything in a meaningless quest to make Allen an mvp candidate, it’s that it wasn’t necessary at all.

That’s true bud.  We did sit on some leads, but probably not enough.  We have to prove we can run more effectively when we are up by 14-17 pts., and as you stated, give the WR a break.  It was so disappointing just about every WR was injured in the KC game.  I’m very hopeful with this schedule (not that it means that much as so much changes year to year) we can get the #1 seed to get an extra week off.  Until we replicate the running part of 2019, we’re going to run with our WR’s.

• Like (+1) 1

With early substantial  leads our reborn run game will eat a lot of clock to control the game flow, so we will likely not need to score as much as that, unless we are making a point…, 

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

True, but if we don’t have to, why expose our receiver corps to unnecessary injury. How healthy were they in January? How many times did we light up the scoreboard like a Pinball Wizard? We hit Russel Wilson FIFTEEN freakin’ times and sacked him 7 more. Yet they scored 34 points because we kept getting off the field after just a couple minutes of possession. Granted, we scored at will. Consequently, they had many more offensive possessions than usual, which allowed them to nearly overcome 4 turnovers & 7 sacks on the road. 

If we learned anything in a meaningless quest to make Allen an mvp candidate, it’s that it wasn’t necessary at all.

I think we learned last year that we aren’t going to be a team that utilized clock and ball control to win games.  We absolutely stepped on the throats of our opponents when they were done and Josh does not want to come out of games.  With that, and the extra game, I think we can break the record.  

I’m also sending you a virtual hug and am saving a lap dance for you at the opener.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1