Isaiah McKenzie's Meat: ESPN article on La Traila BBQ

1 hour ago, scuba guy said:

Yes

I have at one of his pop ups a while ago right know it is really hard to get some they sell out to fast

My cousins works for fire and rescue squad in Miami. I can stay at his place for free 😌 put he has been working on the pile since last week a it would not be cool to go and get ribs 😉while he is working there

What's the verdict?

And for the record, pulled pork over brisket any day of the week! I'm with Archer on that.

23 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I could entirely be mistaken.  I'm just going off my memory of my In-laws when they started up and then successfully ran a small restaurant.  It was 6 days a week and they came home exhausted mentally and physically, too exhausted to take care of themselves with proper exercise and nutrition. 

I'm sure Lil' Dirty is still getting up and getting his workouts in.  He's just a guy I'm pulling for to take a step and I think if some of the other guys are 100% focused on drills and workouts to get better while he's calling up suppliers and meeting with his tax preparer and training employees, he may be stacking the odds against himself.

It's like when I was a student and working 20 hrs a week and competing for grades against both kids who were partying out and not working (no problem) and kids who were studying while I had to work (they beat my ass)

I'm just guessing here, but I'm going to postulate that $1+million McKensie isn't washing dishes, and scrubbing down the grill at the end of the night down there in Fla. But, I'm no restaurateur...

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Amazing to me so many here have not eaten brisket, some dont even know what is it. 

To be fair, corned beef, some pastramis, pot roasts, and many other beef dishes can come from the brisket.

14 hours ago, The Dean said:

What's the verdict?

And for the record, pulled pork over brisket any day of the week! I'm with Archer on that.

If you go to any place serving Texas style bbq and get pulled pork rather than brisket you're in for a bad time.  Texas BBQ is all about beef.  Pork in Texas is pretty forgettable even at some of the great BBQ establishments.  

I'm mostly concerned that McKenzie is going to go full Karlos and gain 40 lbs.  I don't see how you could be around BBQ all the time and not pack on the freshman 50.

Edited by Jauronimo

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

I'm just guessing here, but I'm going to postulate that $1+million McKensie isn't washing dishes, and scrubbing down the grill at the end of the night down there in Fla. But, I'm no restaurateur...

Neither did my inlaws when they owned the restaurant.  They employed dishwashers and kitchen help for that.  There were still a lot of details to manage.  And speaking of details, when you respond to a post:

"I'm sure Lil' Dirty is still getting up and getting his workouts in.  He's just a guy I'm pulling for to take a step and I think if some of the other guys are 100% focused on drills and workouts to get better while he's calling up suppliers and meeting with his tax preparer and training employees, he may be stacking the odds against himself.

It's like when I was a student and working 20 hrs a week and competing for grades against both kids who were partying out and not working (no problem) and kids who were studying while I had to work (they beat my ass)"

....and your response is that you're sure I-mac isn't washing dishes and scrubbing the grill....it looks pretty non-responsive.  Ciao!

16 hours ago, scuba guy said:

Yes

I have at one of his pop ups a while ago right know it is really hard to get some they sell out to fast

My cousins works for fire and rescue squad in Miami. I can stay at his place for free 😌 put he has been working on the pile since last week a it would not be cool to go and get ribs 😉while he is working there

Could be a good deed if you get a big platter of ribs or brisket and bring it back for the guys on the pile.

McKenzie seems like a good guy, if you explained who it's going to they might even cut you a little deal on it.

20 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Neither did my inlaws when they owned the restaurant.  They employed dishwashers and kitchen help for that.  There were still a lot of details to manage.  And speaking of details, when you respond to a post:

"I'm sure Lil' Dirty is still getting up and getting his workouts in.  He's just a guy I'm pulling for to take a step and I think if some of the other guys are 100% focused on drills and workouts to get better while he's calling up suppliers and meeting with his tax preparer and training employees, he may be stacking the odds against himself.

It's like when I was a student and working 20 hrs a week and competing for grades against both kids who were partying out and not working (no problem) and kids who were studying while I had to work (they beat my ass)"

....and your response is that you're sure I-mac isn't washing dishes and scrubbing the grill....it looks pretty non-responsive.  Ciao!

Dang... I was just kidding around. Sorry, Hap.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Could be a good deed if you get a big platter of ribs or brisket and bring it back for the guys on the pile.

McKenzie seems like a good guy, if you explained who it's going to they might even cut you a little deal on it.

I did that already but as you already know they said he directly no cha cha needed I still paid reduced rate though I think 🤔

I was told I am know king at the pile. I don't need to go down there and work that pile I did that  in NYC.

No more dust for me 

Edited by scuba guy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Brisket has the higher difficulty level. I usually don't like it, but I got some last weekend that blew me out of the water. It was better than any pulled pork I've had.

I'm thrilled that McKenzie has a nice second career lined up. NFL careers can be incredibly transient, so it is excellent to have the future prepared.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/5/2021 at 6:54 PM, scuba guy said:

Yes

So, was it good eating there?