Isaiah McKenzie's Meat: ESPN article on La Traila BBQ

I hope he isn't too distracted from training. 

I know from my in-laws that running a restaurant is exhausting, full-time work, so I'm concerned for his future as an NFL player that he isn't too distracted from training.  Hard to get 2x/day workouts if the afternoon/evening are spent on-site, though the restaurant is described as opening at 11 and usually selling out by 5 pm!

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31749410/brisket-ribs-bbq-miami-native-buffalo-bills-receiver-opens-new-restaurant

But it sounds as though the restaurant is doing pretty well.

Describes McKenzie as 5'8" and 170 lbs which is probably more accurate than the 5'9" Wiki gives him.  Man, for a football player he's tiny!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Isaiah McKenzie's Meat: ESPN article on La Traila BBQ
8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Describes McKenzie as 5'8" and 170 lbs which is probably more accurate than the 5'9" Wiki gives him.  Man, for a football player he's tiny!

I’m 6’2 with an extensive history in bodybuilding and I warn you to never underestimate someone because of their height. My friend Ronnie is about as big as McKenzie but he grew up on a farm. He’s put me through multiple walls before, freakishly strong. I’m not saying height/size don’t matter but some of these smaller dudes are scrappy.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I’m 6’2 with an extensive history in bodybuilding and I warn you to never underestimate someone because of their height. My friend Ronnie is about as big as McKenzie but he grew up on a farm. He’s put me through multiple walls before, freakishly strong. I’m not saying height/size don’t matter but some of these smaller dudes are scrappy.

Heh.  For reals that would describe McKenzie.  The training videos he posted this spring were unreal.  In one of them he was doing box jumps - onto a 5' tall stack if I counted right.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I hope he isn't too distracted from training. 

I know from my in-laws that running a restaurant is exhausting, full-time work, so I'm concerned for his future as an NFL player that he isn't too distracted from training.  Hard to get 2x/day workouts if the afternoon/evening are spent on-site, though the restaurant is described as opening at 11 and usually selling out by 5 pm!

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31749410/brisket-ribs-bbq-miami-native-buffalo-bills-receiver-opens-new-restaurant

But it sounds as though the restaurant is doing pretty well.

Confused on why you're worried to such an extent. Unless I totally missed something on my breeze over of the article, it sounds as tho he he was just working there on Saturdays during the spring. His partner runs the show and McKenzie is mainly the investor. He just loves to go be hands on from time to time but where did it say he spends extensive time on site?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Heh.  For reals that would describe McKenzie.  The training videos he posted this spring were unreal.  In one of them he was doing box jumps - onto a 5' tall stack if I counted right.

Link?

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

Why has your friend put you through multiple walls? 🤣

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

Trevor?

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

Confused on why you're worried to such an extent. Unless I totally missed something on my breeze over of the article, it sounds as tho he he was just working there on Saturdays during the spring. His partner runs the show and McKenzie is mainly the investor. He just loves to go be hands on from time to time but where did it say he spends extensive time on site?

Yeah, you're confused and didn't read carefully.  The restaurant itself didn't open until May 29th.  During the spring they were doing "BBQ Popups" on Saturday at various locations to help build a following and bring in some $$ while renovating the restaurant.

He's posted on his Instagram about "not going into work today...feels good!".  He's putting in a lot of time there.

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

It is a very reasonable assumption on his part. I Dont know how well he knows his partner, what percent of his net worth he risked but such an establishment is rife with unforeseen problems, pilfering, long hours.  Maybe it is a non-event and wont cause any issues by the assumption is very realistic.