Jim Kelly Highlights vs Josh Allen Highlights *Career

42 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

In retrospect, Jim turned the ball over too much especially in the playoffs.  If he calls Thurman's number 5 more times in SuperBowl XXV instead of himself Bills win by 10. 

Josh has all the tools to be a more successful QB than Kelly but he still needs to win some more big games. For all Josh did last year, two greatest plays of 2020 were made by Taron Johnson. The third best is Allen to Diggs for the comeback win over the Cardinals that was not to be.

Bills probably have a 2 maybe 3 year window to win it all. Hopefully Beane understands one SB win is worth more than 5 playoff appearances. Bills need to be all in while Josh is affordable.

Interesting fact. The rate of plays Jim called in regular season was way higher then in playoffs.

interesting tidbit 

Regular season Allen > regular season Kelly

Playoff Kelly >>> playoff Allen

I don't know what happens when Allen gets into a playoff game.  Maybe the game plans get tighter, or maybe he just feels the pressure more.  The Bills won two playoff games last year but didn't look great doing it.  The playoff losses to Houston and KC were just bad games for Allen.

There's no real reason why Allen can't dominate in the playoffs.  Maybe he has a little monkey on his back about this, and once he goes out a lights someone up in a playoff game, this will all be viewed as part of his learning curve.

3 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Here’s a fun question to chew on

Allen breaks every Jim Kelly record but doesn’t go to 4 SBs.

Who’s the franchise goat?

Fun? FUN?!? I can think of another 1 syllable word that starts with F that’s closer to your question!🤨

48 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Regular season Allen > regular season Kelly

Playoff Kelly >>> playoff Allen

I don't know what happens when Allen gets into a playoff game.  Maybe the game plans get tighter, or maybe he just feels the pressure more.  The Bills won two playoff games last year but didn't look great doing it.  The playoff losses to Houston and KC were just bad games for Allen.

There's no real reason why Allen can't dominate in the playoffs.  Maybe he has a little monkey on his back about this, and once he goes out a lights someone up in a playoff game, this will all be viewed as part of his learning curve.

Key phrase: Bills WON 2 playoff games. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

Allen will be a better QB than Kelly. Will he have as good a team around him is the question.

Well, as for now the  WR are probably neck and neck. Doesn't have the RB or TE yet. OL is decent, but needs a little improvement. 

3 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

In retrospect, Jim turned the ball over too much especially in the playoffs.  If he calls Thurman's number 5 more times in SuperBowl XXV instead of himself Bills win by 10. 

Josh has all the tools to be a more successful QB than Kelly but he still needs to win some more big games. For all Josh did last year, two greatest plays of 2020 were made by Taron Johnson. The third best is Allen to Diggs for the comeback win over the Cardinals that was not to be.

Bills probably have a 2 maybe 3 year window to win it all. Hopefully Beane understands one SB win is worth more than 5 playoff appearances. Bills need to be all in while Josh is affordable.

Don’t forget Josh’s heroics in the Rams game, that was some pure excitement right there, down to the wire with clutch throw after clutch throw esp. last 2 drives inc 4th down pressure—that game cemented 2020 as a going to be special year imo…

• Like (+1) 2

N

3 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

This is hot garbage Ethan.  The Bills best opportunities to win will likely be the next 2-3 years…..and then the dynamics of the team will completely change…..except we’ll still have one of the best QBs in the league which leaves the window open until he leaves.  

It’s an advantage to have an elite QB playing on their rookie contract.  It’s not

mandatory.  I’m quite confidant Mahomes will win a SB playing for 45M a year.  I don’t see why Josh can’t either.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Don’t forget Josh’s heroics in the Rams game, that was some pure excitement right there, down to the wire with clutch throw after clutch throw esp. last 2 drives inc 4th down pressure—that game cemented 2020 as a going to be special year imo…

Agreed. I would put that comeback just behind the Cardinals even though the Cardinals game was a loss

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

N

This is hot garbage Ethan.  The Bills best opportunities to win will likely be the next 2-3 years…..and then the dynamics of the team will completely change…..except we’ll still have one of the best QBs in the league which leaves the window open until he leaves.  

It’s an advantage to have an elite QB playing on their rookie contract.  It’s not

mandatory.  I’m quite confidant Mahomes will win a SB playing for 45M a year.  I don’t see why Josh can’t either.  

Never said it was mandatory. If Allen is playing at an elite level four or five years from now they will be competitive. In four years though probably 3/4 of the team will have turned over around him. Like any other GM Beane will need to draft well and spend more wisely than he has in free agency in the past. Kudos to him this past year to get some guys to take pay cuts and Milano and Williams to sign reasonable deals.

• Agree 1

The biggest difference between Kelly and Allen at this time is that Kelly was more able to lead his receivers with his passes, something I believe that Allen will get better at. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/3/2021 at 1:12 PM, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Thanks OP; I couldn’t be happier that both of these men have lined up under center for the Buffalo Bills and that Josh is well on his way to being the best of the best. Also good guys off the field, which ultimately matters more too! 
FWIW, my fav Kelly game below:

I've actually heard Kelly was a d*ck off the field back when he was playing and actually rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. 

Josh on the other hand does seem like an all around good guy on and off the field

Edited by Buffalo03

On 7/3/2021 at 1:12 PM, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Thanks OP; I couldn’t be happier that both of these men have lined up under center for the Buffalo Bills and that Josh is well on his way to being the best of the best. Also good guys off the field, which ultimately matters more too! 
FWIW, my fav Kelly game below:

The world was a better place back then. Yes it was. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

I've actually heard Kelly was a d*ck off the field back when he was playing and actually rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. 

Josh on the other hand does seem like an all around good guy on and off the field

I never heard that about Jim, but he was promiscuous…that is a fact. 

Kelly's delivery could not be much more different than Allen's current motion. Kelly and Moon had similar throwing styles to my eye: TONS of arc from really high, traditional, over-the-top throwing motions. Look at the way the ball explodes upward out of Kelly's hand, compared to the more direct rockets Allen throws. 

That really old school throwing motion was great for getting the ball over the top of a defense. Really great for having guys run underneath dimes. 

Allen's motion is more about laser beams for the modern spread game, and from a boggling variety of platforms (not quite Mahomes or Rodgers level, but not far off at all).

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, TroutDog said:

I never heard that about Jim, but he was promiscuous…that is a fact. 

He played a big role in the Bills' Bickering Bills reputation before the Super Bowl years.  There were also a lot of stories about his exploits around town and in Fort Erie.

However those stories mostly (but not completely) disappeared during the Super Bowl years and, of course, the birth of Hunter really changed his priorities.

Edited by Billy Claude

16 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Kelly’s changed a lot since his retirement, he’s admitted that himself—staying in the Western NY area and committing himself to all sorts of charitable causes nonstop, definitely good to see! For some more on that backstory and what caused his personal life turnaround, I can recommend, “A Playbook for Dads,” a worthwhile read. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/3/2021 at 3:13 PM, NewEra said:

Agreed.  I think we have the best uni’s in the league.  So fresh and so clean clean

You go Andre 😁👍

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/3/2021 at 3:14 PM, NewEra said:

Josh wins at least one super bowl.  He’s the goat 

Josh is the goat, but every QB that was ever great and won SBs had great teams to play with. Every single one.

You need the QB almost every time, but you need the very good every time.

McBeane has got to step it up. I think we get better this year running the ball and get better play from our D, but.....

will the betterment be enough? The chefs have three difference makers on D to go along with very solid play. Right now, we have only one. That's bad.

Maybe Tremaine breaks out this year, maybe Epenesa or Oliver really step up their games. Maybe the rooks will shock us.

We really need to step it up. We usually have the solid/sound play but we need more big plays, more impact plays, more pizzaz. We need our defenders beating one on one blocking more than they do (almost never).

On offense, I do think Ertz makes us a lot better and gives us one more dangerous weapon. Last season, we were decimated at dangerous offensive weapons, the more you have, the better the odds. The more you have, the less everyone has to carry. I guess other players could break out, but I don't think so. Diggs is the real thing. Beasley really is a great slot WR. Davis compliments Beasley well. Saunders is the real deal in the regular season and the playoffs. These are the guys we need healthy in the playoffs. Ertz gives us a better chance they all (including Ertz) make it to the playoffs healthy.

So get Ertz for Allen, our best shot at winning a SB.

We gotta hope all our many defensive coaches can coach this defense up.  Maybe Taron turns it up and becomes a household name. We need someone on defense to. Even White could play better, imho. He guessed wrong too many times last season.

Maybe McDermott or Frazier or our D-Line coach really connects with our D-Line and gets all of them playing at a very high level banded together for that SB ring.

We need to get better to win it all.