Jim Kelly Highlights vs Josh Allen Highlights *Career

So I figure this being Jim Kelly's 25th anniversary of his last game, I would have a little fun comparing highlights. Jim Kelly tribute highlights I thought was a short yet cool video of some of the things he did with his are back then. I realize this is early in Josh Allen's career but why not have some fun yes?

Here's Jimbo!

So this was a lot of throws wrapped up in a short period of time.. Kind of why I liked this one for Kelly.

Now a days every little detail is recorded and there is a ton of video's out for Josh Allen yet finding full career highlights for him I could not find soo

seeing last year was Josh's break out year, I went with this video here

Here's Josh!

Built in Buffalo did a good job putting tons of passes in this video as well.

Will Josh Allen be a better QB then Jim Kelly? Throw away the stats cause we are in 2 different era's of football.. Just as a whole. Kelly's play calls.. Amazing reads as the play developed.. quick decision making.. or... Josh Allen? Rocket arm. Extremely mobile.

Here is to 25 years and to finally go into this year not being worried about if your QB cuts it or not... Cheers! 

Feel free if you find any other or better video's to compare add video from both players in reply or talk about the comparisons of the 2 players and who you think will or was better.

Enjoy!

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Draconator said:

I had no idea Jim Kelly's last game was on July 3rd. Did he go back to the USFL and I didn't know it?

oh just stop lol i did not say exact. its the year.. come on now...

20 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

Excellent post op tks

your welcome

Thanks OP; I couldn’t be happier that both of these men have lined up under center for the Buffalo Bills and that Josh is well on his way to being the best of the best. Also good guys off the field, which ultimately matters more too! 
FWIW, my fav Kelly game below:

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I

20 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Thanks OP; I couldn’t be happier that both of these men have lined up under center for the Buffalo Bills and that Josh is well on his way to being the best of the best. Also good guys off the field, which ultimately matters more too! 

Great video. Thanks for posting. I'm always shocked at how few people wore Bills gear to the games during those Super Bowl years. And you almost never see a jersey on anyone. When I think back on those years I always imagine it the opposite. Guess my memories are fuzzy.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Wouldn't it be great to have those red helmets back? Man...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Agree. Once for throw back but moved on. I dig the white one just fine

Agreed.  I think we have the best uni’s in the league.  So fresh and so clean clean

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Just now, NewEra said:

Agreed.  I think we have the best uni’s in the league.  So fresh and so clean clean

Yup, remember those "new helmet" threads or whatever, I didn't like any of them. I specifically remember seeing pics of a black helmet the most. I don't know, the ones now is the best imo

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PrimeTime101 said:

I loved those red helmets but maybe because of the talented years we had them.. idk

Yeah I don’t dislike the 90s uniforms.  The red helmet is ok but we also wore red helmets along with the horrendous 2002-2010 bills uniforms.  Easily the worst unis in league history imo.  

I just love the current unis and would be fine if we kept them forever.

2 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Yup, remember those "new helmet" threads or whatever, I didn't like any of them. I specifically remember seeing pics of a black helmet the most. I don't know, the ones now is the best imo

Yeah, I can’t even look at those article

anymore.  Less is more with regards to my helmet preferences.  The “new helmets” usually have way to much going on for my tastes.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Those may have been the Jills’ finest uniforms 

12 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Here’s a fun question to chew on

Allen breaks every Jim Kelly record but doesn’t go to 4 SBs.

Who’s the franchise goat?

The guy who goes to four SBs, unless Josh wins one or more, and  goes to five or more SBs…, 

couldn’t help myself… 😁

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Here’s a fun question to chew on

Allen breaks every Jim Kelly record but doesn’t go to 4 SBs.

Who’s the franchise goat?

Josh wins at least one super bowl.  He’s the goat 

• Like (+1) 2

In retrospect, Jim turned the ball over too much especially in the playoffs.  If he calls Thurman's number 5 more times in SuperBowl XXV instead of himself Bills win by 10. 

Josh has all the tools to be a more successful QB than Kelly but he still needs to win some more big games. For all Josh did last year, two greatest plays of 2020 were made by Taron Johnson. The third best is Allen to Diggs for the comeback win over the Cardinals that was not to be.

Bills probably have a 2 maybe 3 year window to win it all. Hopefully Beane understands one SB win is worth more than 5 playoff appearances. Bills need to be all in while Josh is affordable.

Edited by Ethan in Portland
  • Agree 2