ESPN - AFC East QBs offer promise, but Buffalo Bills are clear 2021 favorite

Tua's a joke, Wilson will be a joke unless they baby him, Jones I think will fit what BB and McDaniels like to do more than Cam and he will takeover, but they will take some wins on Cam's legs the Oline and Defense first to keep defenses from having tape on Jones then when Cam gets hurt later in the season they will transfer over.

The Dolphins have a good roster but Tua limits them so unless we beat ourselves im not worried.

The Jets need a least year before we even know what they have, I think Saleh will be good for them but he's gonna need at least 2 years.

19 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Do they compromising pictures of him or something????

Tua might not even be the starter much less on the team by 2024.

High draft picks are great…… if they pan out.

Agreed on Tua him may not being a starter.  

As for the high draft picks, not necessarily a guarantee that Miami will hit on each and each player will develop

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, just1hugheser said:

Tua's a joke, Wilson will be a joke unless they baby him, Jones I think will fit what BB and McDaniels like to do more than Cam and he will takeover, but they will take some wins on Cam's legs the Oline and Defense first to keep defenses from having tape on Jones then when Cam gets hurt later in the season they will transfer over.

The Dolphins have a good roster but Tua limits them so unless we beat ourselves im not worried.

The Jets need a least year before we even know what they have, I think Saleh will be good for them but he's gonna need at least 2 years.

I don't think when it comes to Cam it may not even take an injury to make them decide to go with Jones.

20 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

How dare he insinuate that the Bills reign will someday end. 

That wasn’t the question.

20 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I mean that wasn't the question, it was who had a better out look for the next three years and everyone else acknowledged the obvious the Bills having hit on QB and a good HC are the clear front runners in that debate. Patriots are probably 2nd with a proven HC.

Nailed it.  Only a buffoon looks at the current situations in Buffalo and Miami and concludes Miami will be “the team to beat” in 2024.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Well thanks to the OP and ESPN for a nice off-season article to remind me once again that our Bills are finally good again that I can read whilst I’m on the commode doing my business.  Uh oh I think my legs fell asleep. Been on it a little too long again.  

• Haha (+1) 2

20 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

What has Tua done that would make anyone think he's going to be elite? He's average in every category. 

Average? Is he average in any category? I mean, he might get better but he looks like he'll be on a bench in due time.

• Like (+1) 1

There’s no comparison between Allen and Tua, but I will give Tua slack in he could (and that’s could not will) develop into an average or competent QB.  He’ll get anywhere near in the ballpark of Super Allen, but then Allen played with crap in WRs in 18, and improved in 19, and went into the stratosphere in 20.  I’ve never seen anyone else improve that much that fast.  It’s possible not probable Tua could be a 16-20 ranked QB in three years.

What would concern me is Tua has another meh year, and Miami goes all in on Watson.

Bills are clearly the 2021 favorite, but the gap is closing faster than many may think.

- Tua will be improved this year and the Dolphins had a great draft. Tua has to be solid not great in that he's surrounded by talent 

- Jets will be better with Wilson and Gase is gone

- Once Jones takes over don't be surprised if the Pats go on a late season run

Also keep in mind that by 2024 Josh will have signed his 200M deal and the Bills could have to let alot of FA go.  So there will be a significant attrition of talent

Edited by JakeFrommStateFarm
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Play much better than Allen did his rookie year where he was far below average. Why is it not possible Tua will get better just as Josh did?

I was never a big Tua fan and he may have already hit his ceiling due to average or below average arm strength. But no one really knows. 

In comparison; Tua is physically weak compared to Allen, and lacks the confidence Allen so evidently has, he can’t stiff arm a D lineman or line backer like Allen can and does, he can’t face mask anyone, and use him as a shield, Tua, broken hip, broken ankle, and wrist twice, the kid is fragile, Tua can not generate useful velocity on his passes at virtually any distance, did I mention Tua is tiny and weak? 😂  All I can say to folk is dream on with the idea Tua is going to be an above average QB, game manager is his ceiling if he gets lucky. The above is but a small sampling of why Tua will be a back up QB or out of the league in four or five seasons, jmo, 😁

PS, did all y’all know that Tua is Ancient Greek for a small weak man… 😁

2 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Bills are clearly the 2021 favorite, but the gap is closing faster than many may think.

- Tua will be improved this year and the Dolphins had a great draft. Tua has to be solid not great in that he's surrounded by talent 

- Jets will be better with Wilson and Gase is gone

- Once Jones takes over don't be surprised if the Pats go on a late season run

Also keep in mind that by 2024 Josh will have signed his 200M deal and the Bills could have to let alot of FA go.  So there will be a significant attrition of talent

Just a couple of questions about all of your points-what did the dolphins do in the draft that was “great?” I just looked at their picks and outside of the def lineman from Miami and none of those picks seem very “great”. Tua should be better but let’s be honest he couldn’t get much worse.

the Jets have a rookie head coach and Wilson put together one good season-not sure he can do much that Darnold can’t do.

and it’s going to be a rookie QB in New England that takes them on a run??

I’m not saying the Bills will definitely go 6-0 again in the division, but there’s a lot of worst case scenario (from the Bills perspective) in your post and not a ton of realistic expectations for those teams 

11 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Just a couple of questions about all of your points-what did the dolphins do in the draft that was “great?” I just looked at their picks and outside of the def lineman from Miami and none of those picks seem very “great”. Tua should be better but let’s be honest he couldn’t get much worse.

the Jets have a rookie head coach and Wilson put together one good season-not sure he can do much that Darnold can’t do.

[b]and it’s going to be a rookie QB in New England that takes them on a run??[/b]

I’m not saying the Bills will definitely go 6-0 again in the division, but there’s a lot of worst case scenario (from the Bills perspective) in your post and not a ton of realistic expectations for those teams 

So rookie QBs can't string together some games now? He said a late run, I don't think he was talking about a SB or AFC champion.

6 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

So rookie QBs can't string together some games now? He said a late run, I don't think he was talking about a SB or AFC champion.

Yes, that’s exactly what I said-rookie QBs never string together some games 🙄

that’s a veteran team in New England with a pretty poor receiving corps, I’m not sure a rookie QB is what boosts them this year. Doesn’t mean the Pats won’t win a couple of games towards the end (or whenever he becomes the starter) but it won’t be because of Jones

20 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Yes, that’s exactly what I said-rookie QBs never string together some games 🙄

that’s a veteran team in New England with a pretty poor receiving corps, I’m not sure a rookie QB is what boosts them this year. Doesn’t mean the Pats won’t win a couple of games towards the end (or whenever he becomes the starter) but it won’t be because of Jones

First off, if your coaching staff puts you QB in the right situation why couldn't they succeed? 

Their TEs are better and WRs are better.

Line is better..I guess Josh McDaniels won't know how to scheme the offense to play to their strengths.

And he said a late run which could mean something as little of winning 10 games, a playoff spot.. he was being fai, but you're acting like he was talking about  a SB or something 

Edited by Ghost_002!

8 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

First off, if your coaching staff puts you QB in the right situation why couldn't they succeed? 

Their TEs are better and WRs are better.

Line is better..I guess Josh McDaniels won't know how to scheme the offense to play to their strengths.

I never said he couldn’t succeed, I said the games they win will not be because of Jones.

their tight ends are better, but they better be for all of the money they are paying those 2 guys. I don’t believe their receivers are better though. Nelson Agholor and Kendrick Bourne? That’s what makes them

better? No defense is losing sleep trying to defend those 2 guys.

I would be shocked if they win more than 8 games, and if they do it won’t be because of their rookie QB-it will be because of their defense and coaching 

17 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

I never said he couldn’t succeed, I said the games they win will not be because of Jones.

their tight ends are better, but they better be for all of the money they are paying those 2 guys. I don’t believe their receivers are better though. Nelson Agholor and Kendrick Bourne? That’s what makes them

better? No defense is losing sleep trying to defend those 2 guys.

I would be shocked if they win more than 8 games, and if they do it won’t be because of their rookie QB-it will be because of their defense and coaching 

Their wide outs aren't better than what they had last year? And they won 7 games.

Defense will be better (much better probably will be one of the better ones in the NFL, especially if Gilmore stays), and they are only going to be one game better in you opinion than last year? Ok.

34 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Their wide outs aren't better than what they had last year? And they won 7 games.

Defense will be better (much better probably will be one of the better ones in the NFL, especially if Gilmore stays), and they are only going to be one game better in you opinion than last year? Ok.

I get that you have a fear of the Patriots, but you look at those WR and think that group has improved? How? Also, their QBs are Cam and a rookie-how much of a jump are you expecting them to make? Are you expecting double digit wins from them? 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

I get that you have a fear of the Patriots, but you look at those WR and think that group has improved? How? Also, their QBs are Cam and a rookie-how much of a jump are you expecting them to make? Are you expecting double digit wins from them? 

Yeah I don't see them doing anything more than last season. I think they will maybe win 7 games again, give or take a game. Maybe get to 8 wins. Guess you could call that an improvement.....lol

16 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I don't think when it comes to Cam it may not even take an injury to make them decide to go with Jones.

Definitely agree, just thought from a strategic standpoint if they think they can still get a couple wins with cam under center using primarily their oline/run game and defense that way teams dont have as much to work with a far as Jones goes and I figure BB for taking any edge he can get.  But they might just decide cam is too much of a liability and they go with Jones either way I hope BB retires soon and McDaniels either leaves or flops as his replacement.

On 7/3/2021 at 8:21 PM, Ethan in Portland said:

Play much better than Allen did his rookie year where he was far below average. Why is it not possible Tua will get better just as Josh did?

I was never a big Tua fan and he may have already hit his ceiling due to average or below average arm strength. But no one really knows. 

Because Allen even in his rookie year we’ve ALL SEEN ( maybe you didn’t)  him make plays / throws that we’re amazing , you could see the athleticism the arm strength the will to do what ever it takes ( jumping over line backers )  to try to WIN 

BUT WHAT have you seen in Tua his rookie year  ? 
I’ll wait 

8 hours ago, Putin said:

Because Allen even in his rookie year we’ve ALL SEEN ( maybe you didn’t)  him make plays / throws that we’re amazing , you could see the athleticism the arm strength the will to do what ever it takes ( jumping over line backers )  to try to WIN 

BUT WHAT have you seen in Tua his rookie year  ? 
I’ll wait 

Did you watch all of Tua's snaps last season? Did you see him lead his to a win in his first start? Did you see him throw a well-placed 50 yard pass, from the endzone, down the field to a streaking WR who dropped a for sure 90 yard TD? Did you see his receivers drop the sixth most passes in the league?  Did you see him almost bring his team back down three scores against the SB contenders without his top three receivers?

We all know that Tua didn't have a good first year but he showed things that gave fans hope for the future. Every QB prospect isn't going to have a cannon arm and stiff-arm LBs like Allen. 

Edited by DolFAN93
  • Vomit 1