ESPN - AFC East QBs offer promise, but Buffalo Bills are clear 2021 favorite

2 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

What has Tua done that would make anyone think he's going to be elite? He's average in every category. 

Agree, not concerned in the very least. Look forward to the 2 games against him. Also Matt Jones, if he is Pats starter by time Bills play them. If not and it's Newton again, that will be great too.

Curious to see how it goes with the Jets more than usual though, but still look forward to playing them also. I know you can never tell how each game goes and whatnot, but Bills should and I 100% expect Bills to win the division quite convincingly....

21 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Well for me anyways, I don't care how long he stays with Pats since he no longer has Brady......and as long as he doesn't get lucky enough to find another Brady lol

I’m with you Duffs.  I want BB to desperately try and hold on for four more losing seasons to reafffirm he plays checkers not chess like every other coach, and Brady was the catalyst to his success.  It would be sweet to see Pats fans suffer for five straight years of losing seasons, then one of his coordinators take over and they keep losing (oh and we win the East for the next four years and beyond).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’m with you Duffs.  I want BB to desperately try and hold on for four more losing seasons to reafffirm he plays checkers not chess like every other coach, and Brady was the catalyst to his success.  It would be sweet to see Pats fans suffer for five straight years of losing seasons, then one of his coordinators take over and they keep losing (oh and we win the East for the next four years and beyond).

Lol, yeah I remember all the talk about B.B and if he could win without Brady and if he would have all the rings if not for Brady. And many were saying he could (not here necessarily). I always thought it was an obvious yet silly question.

Without Brady there's no chance he gets all the Super Bowl wins/appearances. He's a good coach and all, very good with defense for sure. But I just don't see how it can even be any sort of debate once so ever in regards to the with or without Brady discussion. Even way before Brady proved it last season. 

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

What has Tua done that would make anyone think he's going to be elite? He's average in every category. 

I agree.  I don't see it at all.  He's physically mediocre, at best.  He's small and fairly accurate, so everyone thinks he's the next Brees.  Maybe, but I'll believe it when I see it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Before this past season the talking heads were merely speculating on if Diggs could make Allen a serviceable QB and drag him to a division title.  But with Miami they're just automatically declaring Tua to be the next Brees with Miami a lock to be the next great dynasty based on nothing more than their own bias for Tua and Miami having some extra draft picks.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I agree but  I would have to add in the Titans adding Julio, hoping the reign of Derrick Henry will soon end.

It will.  They're riding him into the ground.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Doc said:

It will.  They're riding him into the ground.

Not soon enough though, unless of course he suffers an injury severe enough that impacts him to that extent. RB's that are good and are the main guy to carry the ball are used no different than him I would think. Although there isn't many premier RBs like used to be that are the main horse.

Anyway, I think he will have at least 3 more years I would guess. Maybe little more.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

None of the reporters covering the NFL have any idea the level of competitiveness Josh possesses. At the end of the day we’ve got a guy with Brady’s fire and the best physical tools the NFL may have ever seen. Sit back and enjoy the ride. 

• Like (+1) 2

Re Tua: I wonder if "we" really understand the playing dynamics of his injury(ies) and how, ultimately, they may limit his ceiling.

I mean, a dislocated hip WITH posterior wall fracture. Not a doc, but blood supply, stability issues, blah, blah.

And I'm not even counting the ankle surgeries and two broken wrists...already sunk costs in this equation.

So, I feel bad for the kid, and wish him no further harm.

But count me on the side that sees his career limited by these "nicks"...and the nicks yet to come

• Agree 2

On 7/3/2021 at 11:32 AM, eball said:

Wolfe couldn’t help himself, though…said in three years the Fish will surpass Buffalo.  Dolt. 

Wolfe evidently hasn’t watched the tiny weak QB they have. 

Edited by Don Otreply

8 hours ago, Draconator said:

196263106_ScreenShot2021-07-03at11_38_28AM.thumb.png.129d6f688add532d4cc1824677b06de8.png

But we have Allen, so f*** the fish.

Beane is going to have to do a better job, imho, in addition to having Josh Allen though, imho.... It's really weird that we don't have a better defense, maybe this 2021 draft bails them out? Damn! Fish got a ridiculous amount of picks though....LOL!

High picks too!

Question. What do the Bills have moving forward aside from Allen? 

Diggs will get old. We have White and Dion Dawkins.

Maybe Edmunds? But if sign Edmunds Oliver probably walks... We lose Jerry, Addison and a lot of other dough off their roster next year but signing just Allen more than cancels that money savings out....

I wouldn't bet against Allen, but from here it looks like these Bills are never going to really build a Super Bowl type roster.

If we get Ertz and are very lucky I think we have a shot this year but is this year going to be our best roster? I sure hope not.

How do we keep Allen protected and give him the weapons he needs to succeed plus improve the D after Allen signs his contract?

We'd have to draft more like 2017 and less like 2019 for one.

We have to hit better at FA too. We need more Hydes, Poyers and Daryl Williams.

7 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Play much better than Allen did his rookie year where he was far below average. Why is it not possible Tua will get better just as Josh did?

I was never a big Tua fan and he may have already hit his ceiling due to average or below average arm strength. But no one really knows. 

Edited by Ethan in Portland
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Play much better than Allen did his rookie year where he was far below average. Why is it not possible Tua will get better just as Josh did?

I was never a big Tua fan and he may have already hit his ceiling due to average or below average arm strength. But no one really knows. 

Everyone knew Allen was rough coming in, but he had size, mobility, and a cannon for an arm. Tell me what traits Tua has that would make you think he's going to be a superstar.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

You should be ashamed of youself for this comment. Allen was the whole team that year. Not sure why you say this being a fan that would know the joke of WR's he had that year that couldn't catch a cold. OL was bad also, but no where even remotely close to how bad the WR's were. They were the worst group I think I've ever seen, especially forthe Bills. Allen made many great plays by himself because he had to. Tua last season most certainly had a much better surrounding cast than Allen did his rookie year.

How you cannot take that into account as a huge factor is mind blowing. 

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1