ESPN - AFC East QBs offer promise, but Buffalo Bills are clear 2021 favorite

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31740344/afc-east-qbs-offer-promise-buffalo-bills-clear-2021-favorite

Last year at this time, the question was if the Buffalo Bills were primed to snap the New England Patriots' hold on the AFC East. The Bills answered that decisively.

In fact, the Bills didn't just prove to be the new kings of the division the Patriots had dominated for nearly two decades when they won 17 of 19 titles. Coach Sean McDermott's Buffalo squad also showed it is a force to contend with in the AFC, advancing to the conference title game against the Kansas City Chiefs

Couple of good comments. 

Here are three of the more compelling questions facing the AFC East, with ESPN NFL Nation reporters Marcel Louis-Jacques (Bills), Cameron Wolfe (Dolphins), Mike Reiss (Patriots) and Rich Cimini (Jets) providing answers:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Draconator said:

196263106_ScreenShot2021-07-03at11_38_28AM.thumb.png.129d6f688add532d4cc1824677b06de8.png

Do they compromising pictures of him or something????

Tua might not even be the starter much less on the team by 2024.

High draft picks are great…… if they pan out.

20 minutes ago, Draconator said:

196263106_ScreenShot2021-07-03at11_38_28AM.thumb.png.129d6f688add532d4cc1824677b06de8.png

I just don’t see Tua playing well in the NFL.  New offensive coordinator this year will only impede Tua’s development.  The games may be competitive but this is not a Kelly vs Marino type of matchup.

I know when I read Wolfe’s final comments, I almost spit out my water. If he added, Watson settled out of court, takes his 8 game suspension and is traded to the Fins, maybe.  I would think that would mean a two horse race each year for the East, but with Tua.  Uh,no.

I can see them creating space between themselves and the Jets/Pats, if and a big if Tha improves.  They are nowhere near in our league.

We have to contend with outside of the Chiefs, the Browns, Ravens, and Colts (if Wentz is the old Reich Wentz).  These are most likely for the foreseeable future the AFC playoff contenders as I just don’t know if Big Ben has much left.

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

He is betting on Tagovailoa to ascend is he and then claims the Dolphins have a higher ceiling?  LOL.  Well maybe all except the most important position , QB.  Anyone that thinks Tua has a higher ceiling than J Allen is delusional.  And three seasons predictions in the NFL are fairly worthless, you can easily go from one of the best to worst or vice versa trams in the NFL given three years, 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I can't wait to see if all three QBs fail. Already know Tua is most likely screwed. I don't see Wilson as a leader, and the Patriots got the scraps that were leftover from the QB grab.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I know when I read Wolfe’s final comments, I almost spit out my water. If he added, Watson settled out of court, takes his 8 game suspension and is traded to the Fins, maybe.  I would think that would mean a two horse race each year for the East, but with Tua.  Uh,no.

I can see them creating space between themselves and the Jets/Pats, if and a big if Tha improves.  They are nowhere near in our league.

We have to contend with outside of the Chiefs, the Browns, Ravens, and Colts (if Wentz is the old Reich Wentz).  These are most likely for the foreseeable future the AFC playoff contenders as I just don’t know if Big Ben has much left.

I agree but  I would have to add in the Titans adding Julio, hoping the reign of Derrick Henry will soon end.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

How dare he insinuate that the Bills reign will someday end. 

I mean that wasn't the question, it was who had a better out look for the next three years and everyone else acknowledged the obvious the Bills having hit on QB and a good HC are the clear front runners in that debate. Patriots are probably 2nd with a proven HC.

5 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I agree but  I would have to add in the Titans adding Julio, hoping the reign of Derrick Henry will soon end.

I thought about them Roy and that’s true.  I’ve just wonder will the losses and additions convert into a better team.  You are correct though sir.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean that wasn't the question, it was who had a better out look for the next three years and everyone else acknowledged the obvious the Bills having hit on QB and a good HC are the clear front runners in that debate. Patriots are probably 2nd with a proven HC.

Blasphemy, the CHEATS?  I want to hold onto my delusion they go back to the joke of the NFL in the early 90’s.  3-13 for the next 20 years I say!!!!

Edited by machine gun kelly

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

Blasphemy, the CHEATS?  I want to hold onto my delusion they go back to the joke of the NFL in the early 90’s.  3-13 for the next 20 years!

I mean hopefully another bad year and Belichick retires or something.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean hopefully another bad year and Belichick retires or something.

Well for me anyways, I don't care how long he stays with Pats since he no longer has Brady......and as long as he doesn't get lucky enough to find another Brady lol

• Agree 1