Hard Knocks 2021: Dallas Cowboys

From what little I saw on an edited-for-TV, reality TV show... Dak doesnt seem mentally ready to come back. He's on the fence. He wants to be out there, and wants to show that he wants to be out there, but when it comes time to actually get out there... he says he feels a muscle strain in an unknown part of his arm/shoulder and cant throw. I dunno.

Agreed with others that the relationship with McCarthy isnt great. Certainly no McD/Josh who genuinely tell each other "Love you, man".

In typical Cowboys fashion, there were a lot of other moments that stuck out as just "strange". Certainly the in-depth vasectomy talk. The "Mojo Moment" thing seems forced.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Even though the Bills have never really been a consideration, a show like Hard Knocks would do well for a small market team. Winning also helps, but whatever else can put a team on national television will always be an asset for growing a fanbase.

2 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I really don't have any problem with the Cowboys as an organization. But, Jerry Jones is an old weirdo.

And the scary part is, as such a tenured owner, with the most valuable franchise in the league, and since the Commissioner answers to the owners... he is the de facto leader/boss of the entire NFL.

What are the chances that Micah Parson is the off ball LB version of Aldon Smith?  He’s a mega talent and I was hoping we’d have a chance to move up for him.  Now, seeing how he acts, McB would’ve never traded up for him imo.  He’ll boom everything he plays.  The question is, how long until he busts, if at all.

2 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Even though the Bills have never really been a consideration, a show like Hard Knocks would do well for a small market team. Winning also helps, but whatever else can put a team on national television will always be an asset for growing a fanbase.

I disagree.  I don't think a show like Hard Knocks does much to grow a fan base.  Winning, and specifically winning the SB, grows your fan base.  Hard Knocks had Cinci and Cleveland on in recent past and I doubt it helped grow their fan base.  I also don't think the show has a large viewership.  A lot of folks on TBD, who are huge football fans, don't even watch it.  More often than not, the "peek behind the curtains" of Hard Knocks probably does more to make a viewer dislike the team.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

From what little I saw on an edited-for-TV, reality TV show... Dak doesnt seem mentally ready to come back. He's on the fence. He wants to be out there, and wants to show that he wants to be out there, but when it comes time to actually get out there... he says he feels a muscle strain in an unknown part of his arm/shoulder and cant throw. I dunno.

Agreed with others that the relationship with McCarthy isnt great. Certainly no McD/Josh who genuinely tell each other "Love you, man".

In typical Cowboys fashion, there were a lot of other moments that stuck out as just "strange". Certainly the in-depth vasectomy talk. The "Mojo Moment" thing seems forced.

Makes total sense after that horrific injury, that has to be in the back of his mind every play.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

37 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Makes total sense after that horrific injury, that has to be ion the back of his mind every play.

Absolutely, I dont fault anyone for that hesitancy post injury. It just seemed kinda obvious (but could have been the way the show was edited together too).

Jerry repeating the same speech he's been giving for years - that he would do anything, anything  to win another Superbowl. 

I wish some reporter had the guts to ask him, "Jerry, would you ever consider removing yourself and all of your family members from their high organizational positions and bring in experienced, qualified people to run the team?"

No? They you clearly wouldn't do anything to win.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/11/2021 at 8:51 PM, CuseBill said:

My take on the first episode...

1.That was a weird segment where you had the Dallas ST coach talking to his players about his vasectomy.  What the heck! 

How about McCarthy's absurd attempt at culture.

"Mojo?!"

He tried to be funny and inspiring. I was embarrassed for them all.

Edited by foreboding

• 2 weeks later...

I forced myself to watch the first two episodes....that was hard to sit through at times.  It is not as good as it used to be or I am just over the new factor of the behind the scenes stuff at this point.    There was a strange part where Jerry Jones appeared to be eating a breakfast sandwich that looks fake, like a plastic toy kids would use or something.  He likes his salt too.

Other than that my impression of Mike McCarthy is not very good.  He says things that a head coach should say I guess but it does not come across as sincere.  He appears to be faking it and kind of just going through the motions.  Glad he is not the coach of the Bills.