Urban Meyer Will never Change, Cheating Again

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

So you're making a comparison of Trevor Lawrence with Prime Brady before he's even taken a snap in the NFL?

No I am saying if Lawrence is what everyone claims he is going to be...pretty much Luck or better than Luck, then Meyer really can't fail.

Edited by Big Turk

Tebow got caught shining his shoes which falls under the category of personal services.  That was one expensive shoe shine.

Edited by wjag

15 hours ago, Augie said:

I remember the day I learned the state of SC changed the laws making it illegal to drive with an open container. I was PISSED!  Why did nobody tell me it was legal until that day???

If it makes you feel any better, I had an ADA in NYS tell me driving with an open container is a non moving violation and simple ticket/fine without any insurance issues. 

The problem is the breathalyzer you’ll have to take and inevitable moving violation that will come along with it. 

(Also drinking and driving is dangerous and irresponsible)

45 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Doesn't matter what they thought he was, it only matters what he actually is. He had one of the greatest QB of all time and you want to get into silliness about that?

The point was that Brady wasn’t Trevor Lawrence coming out of college  isn’t Brady coming out of college so comparing Meyer in 2021 to BB in 2000 doesn’t make much sense.

29 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

So Chuck Pagano was a success?

Not so much

6 hours ago, Mango said:

If it makes you feel any better, I had an ADA in NYS tell me driving with an open container is a non moving violation and simple ticket/fine without any insurance issues. 

The problem is the breathalyzer you’ll have to take and inevitable moving violation that will come along with it. 

(Also drinking and driving is dangerous and irresponsible)

I am a serious stickler about drinking and driving, even more than ever. I had lunch with a buddy today and watched Wimbledon. He had two glasses of wine over two plus hours. I had iced tea.

I was a big Uber guy if I was going to have any alcohol and the wife wasn’t there to drive. Ironically, Uber keeps sending me notifications to use them, but the last time I did it was crazy expensive (like $20+ for an 8 minute, 3 mile ride) but worth it because we were meeting for drinks. THEN, I couldn’t get a driver to get me home for any price so I walked about 4 miles.  😡

[EDIT: I don’t want to sound too pious. I was an idiot at times when I was young. Those were very different times. Not an excuse, but I believe a fact.]

Having said all that, there were days back in SC where a cold beer with the top down on the way home from the beach or tennis would have been WONDERFUL! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Shades of Nick Saban coaching the Dolphins. Epic failure who quit and went running back to college ball.

The difference is that Saban is committed to being a successful HC.  

Urban is committed to Urban..........he will run the Jags however he sees fit and that will keep the owner in some hot water with the rest of the league...........and if he doesn't win the owner won't be able to take the heat he will have to pay Urban to leave.    That's an Urban win-win scenario.    A bit more like the Bills hiring Rex Ryan or Washington hiring Steve Spurrier than the Saban comp, IMO.

Feigning a health crisis like he did at both Ohio State and Florida so he could keep his money without having to quit and seem accountable for his misconduct won't be as necessary in the pros...........though I wouldn't rule it out!:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, Augie said:

I am a serious stickler about drinking and driving, even more than ever. I had lunch with a buddy today and watched Wimbledon. He had two glasses of wine over two plus hours. I had iced tea.

I was a big Uber guy if I was going to have any alcohol and the wife wasn’t there to drive. Ironically, Uber keeps sending me notifications to use them, but the last time I did it was crazy expensive (like $20+ for an 8 minute, 3 mile ride) but worth it because we were meeting for drinks. THEN, I couldn’t get a driver to get me home for any price so I walked about 4 miles.  😡

[EDIT: I don’t want to sound too pious. I was an idiot at times when I was young. Those were very different times. Not an excuse, but I believe a fact.]

Having said all that, there were days back in SC where a cold beer with the top down on the way home from the beach or tennis would have been WONDERFUL! 

You ARE pious, ya snob!

jk. Son got a dui on his 40th Bday a year ago. To date, Drink, Don’t Drive.

On 7/2/2021 at 7:06 AM, Kwai San said:

My experience is that it take 70+ to get the attention of Johnny law and his radar gun and lights......69 is mighty fine as long as you are smooth......and thats what she said too!

You obviously have never driven through Stark, FL. 😇. They used to pull people over for 31 in a 30.  It was such a scam the FHP took over as they disbanded the local police dept.  it’s a necessary route to get to Jax from Tampa.  

Im no fam of Meyer, but Shanny, and McCarthy were nabbed too.  It seems this happens every year.  I thought Habaugh and Baltimore were nabbed last year, but it might have been two.  I don’t know why these guys push the envelope when all practices are taped and sent to the league office in NY.

At least McBeane play by the rules.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

You ARE pious, ya snob!

jk. Son got a dui on his 40th Bday a year ago. To date, Drink, Don’t Drive.

Our son got not one but TWO DUI’s, which I’m sure affects my feelings on the subject. Blew a .082 and the process began! 

I hope Uber fully recovers from the pandemic. They keep sending me notifications that they are open for business, but after paying thru the nose then getting stranded last time, I’m hesitant. 

5 hours ago, Augie said:

Our son got not one but TWO DUI’s, which I’m sure affects my feelings on the subject. Blew a .082 and the process began! 

I hope Uber fully recovers from the pandemic. They keep sending me notifications that they are open for business, but after paying thru the nose then getting stranded last time, I’m hesitant. 

Upgrade your home bar. Invite your friends and take their keys.😉👍

21 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The difference is that Saban is committed to being a successful HC.  

Urban is committed to Urban..........he will run the Jags however he sees fit and that will keep the owner in some hot water with the rest of the league...........and if he doesn't win the owner won't be able to take the heat he will have to pay Urban to leave.    That's an Urban win-win scenario.    A bit more like the Bills hiring Rex Ryan or Washington hiring Steve Spurrier than the Saban comp, IMO.

Feigning a health crisis like he did at both Ohio State and Florida so he could keep his money without having to quit and seem accountable for his misconduct won't be as necessary in the pros...........though I wouldn't rule it out!:thumbsup:

None of this is a big deal.  2 other coaches with far more NFL experience and familiarity of OTA rules got busted for the same stuff.

5 hours ago, Augie said:

Well I hate to say my fish is bigger than yours lol, but I have had 3 of them. Was young and stupid, but yet very lucky....In early 1998 I was 20 yrs old soon to be 21 in a few months. Was on way home from a club (was underage but they served me b/c I looked old enough), wasn't drunk, but feeling good. A cop blew by me on the road, no emergency lights etc, just hauling ass. My STUPID ass sped up and caught up with him at 90 mph (he passed me going 80-85 at least).

So he slows and gets over and I pass only to get lit up and pulled over. almost 2 years later mid 2001 got my 2nd, although that one was B.S. Was in a small town at the time and particular cop, one of the 2 that worked the town, had issues with a family member and knew I was related. Therefor he had it out for me and mine. Had literally drank less than half a can and went to store 1 mile away for charcoal.

2003 got my 3rd. Now this one I seriously ***** up and deserved everything. Had drinking problem bad by then. Anyways, reason I say I was lucky is 3 d.u.i's in less than a 5 year span is usually a felony. I got lucky and they kept it a misdemeanor.

Sorry so long,

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Upgrade your home bar. Invite your friends and take their keys.😉👍

I have one friend who actually has clothes in the drawers in one bedroom! 

1 hour ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Well I hate to say my fish is bigger than yours lol, but I have had 3 of them. Was young and stupid, but yet very lucky....In early 1998 I was 20 yrs old soon to be 21 in a few months. Was on way home from a club (was underage but they served me b/c I looked old enough), wasn't drunk, but feeling good. A cop blew by me on the road, no emergency lights etc, just hauling ass. My STUPID ass sped up and caught up with him at 90 mph (he passed me going 80-85 at least).

So he slows and gets over and I pass only to get lit up and pulled over. almost 2 years later mid 2001 got my 2nd, although that one was B.S. Was in a small town at the time and particular cop, one of the 2 that worked the town, had issues with a family member and knew I was related. Therefor he had it out for me and mine. Had literally drank less than half a can and went to store 1 mile away for charcoal.

2003 got my 3rd. Now this one I seriously ***** up and deserved everything. Had drinking problem bad by then. Anyways, reason I say I was lucky is 3 d.u.i's in less than a 5 year span is usually a felony. I got lucky and they kept it a misdemeanor.

Sorry so long,

OK, not anyone I knew personally, but a buddy of mine was in his UGA college buddies wedding in Athens, GA. The groom got a DUI going like 3 blocks from the reception to the hotel. That is one serious failure to plan! Not a great way to start your marriage! 

….not sure how we got here, but if a DUI can ever be funny…. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1