Which pass option sees smaller numbers in 2021?

Obviously 2020 was a historic offensive season for the Bills. As Allen continues to develop and surrounded by as many, if not more options than last year, it’s more likely he spreads the ball around. 

I believe they’ve talked about involving the running backs more in the pass game.

If they get Ertz that’s another option in the pass game. 

Add in a guy like Hodgins making the team if they decide to keep an extra receiver? 

Plus swapping an injured Brown out for Sanders?

Allen will basically have the following targets to choose from (2020 reception #’s in parenthesis)

Diggs (127)

Beasley (82)

Sanders (61 w/ New Orleans)

Singletary (38)

Davis (35)

Brown (33) OUT

McKenzie (30)

Knox (24) 

Moss (14)

Kroft (12)

Smith (4)

Roberts (4)

Gilliam (2) 

Kumerow/Yeldon/Neal/Allen (1 each)

So... who sees a drop in their numbers from 2020? 

1 minute ago, 17islongenough said:

I'm going with Lee Smith,  John Brown, Tyler Kroft, Andre Roberts and Tj Yeldon

Lol, you beat me to it. Don't see how the OP would consider those names as targets when they are no longer on the roster....lol,

Wow only one reception for Kumerow and it went for a TD!

I do wonder if part of the Ertz talks heating back up are due to Beasley possibly not being a reliable option. Maybe then they'd go with Diggs, Sanders, Ertz, and Knox, more 2 TE sets.  Plus still have Davis and McKenzie in their bag of tricks.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

4 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Wow only one reception for Kumerow and it went for a TD!

I do wonder if part of the Ertz talks heating up are due to Beasley possibly not being a reliable option. Maybe then they'd go with Diggs, Sanders, Ertz, and Knox, more 2 TE sets.  Plus still have Davis and McKenzie in their bag of tricks.

I doubt it, I mean the Ertz talks started long before the Bease situation.

EDIT: Just saw you said Ertz talks "heated back up". I misread, in that case it's possible I guess.Who knows....

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

It's a 17 game season so, who knows, Diggs might be able to replicate his 2020 numbers but if I had to guess I'd expect him to have less than 127 this season, just because Daboll is gonna have stuff drawn up for Sanders and Davis, and Beasley if he plays this season or whatever he's doing. Diggs probably still snags near or more than 100 because he's Josh's go-to. I think McKenzie might see his snaps on offense decrease and his special teams snaps increase if he ends up beating out Brandon Powell and Marcus Stevenson for the return job. Knox's numbers need to go up, he can be a difference maker in the offense if he just stays healthy. I have high hopes for the kid so naturally he'll probably get hurt and need a quadruple backeotomy by week two. Cursed!

Meanwhile, TJ Yeldon will catch 450 passes this season and show youse all why it was da dumbest move in Bills history to let him walk! FIRE BEANE!

26 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

Obviously 2020 was a historic offensive season for the Bills. As Allen continues to develop and surrounded by as many, if not more options than last year, it’s more likely he spreads the ball around. 

I believe they’ve talked about involving the running backs more in the pass game.

Add in a guy like Hodgins making the team if they decide to keep an extra receiver? 

Allen will basically have the following targets to choose from (2020 reception #’s in parenthesis)

Diggs (127)

Beasley (82)

Singletary (38)

Davis (35)

Brown (33) OUT

McKenzie (30)

Knox (24) 

Moss (14)

Kroft (12)

Smith (4)

Roberts (4)

Gilliam (2) 

So I think one way Josh gets better this year, is that he will see the 5 yard passes go fir first downs more often this year because of our down field threat. Josh will learn to pick defenses off not just with 10+ yard throw so the best way I could do this is copy your list and work it that way.

Diggs (127) 120

Beasley (82) 0 only cause i doubt he plays

Sanders (61 w/ New Orleans) 80 with no Beasley one would think this number goes up not down

Singletary (38) 30 

Davis (35) 55  with Brown out players are going to get more touches

Brown (33) OUT 0

McKenzie (30) 40 so this may shock people but this is our speed guy and likely our #4 WR unless a rookie shines. With his speed he will be found wide open

Knox (24) 40 boo me if you want on this number but with no serious #2 TE I think this number goes up

Moss (14) 10

Kroft (12) 0

Smith (4) 1

Roberts (4) 2

Gilliam (2) 0

3 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I also think Diggs numbers will be down.  Replicated that year will be very difficult and Allen will have more options as you note.

I could see him down a bit, but Allen looks for him a lot so i still see the 100+ rec by him.  I think sanders works in the slot some as well with bease, which is going to be a PITA to cover when they roll 4 WR with davis outside.  So i could see some of bease's targets heading to sanders.  I also think Singletary might play more of a role th is year.

19 minutes ago, Beast said:

Diggs will drop in numbers but still will be an absolute stud.

Yeah I think so too. But don't think by more than between 100-200 yards. The TD receptions though I think could possibly go up, or about the same anyways.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

Diggs (127)

Beasley (82)

Singletary (38)

Davis (35)

Brown (33) OUT

McKenzie (30)

Knox (24) 

Moss (14)

Kroft (12)

Smith (4)

Roberts (4)

Gilliam (2) 

It's going to be both Diggs and Beasley with the purpose of attempting to get both healthy going into the postseason.

What I'm hoping for is that Ertz takes a lot of passes.

That all other receivers get more catches except for perhaps Sanders who is probably right around where we want him.

Lastly, I'm hoping and thinking that the Bills are going to run more this year giving more touches to our backs: Singletary, Moss and Antonio Williams. We will run more-overall but also run more to ice games and we will be successful at it.