Sharp gashes Gase

4 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

I'm willing to believe that, but not until I see it from another source than "The Daily Snark." As of this instance, a google search for "Gase high school" produces only that one source, so I'm not buying yet.

I believe I've seen it before. Todd Haley for one, and I think I vaguely remember another one or two but the names elude me.

... Ah, Wyche was the guy I was trying to think of. Went from our QBs coach one year straight to HS.

It can actually be a good gig for some of these guys sick of the grind.

I honestly don't know either.  I just googled "Adam Gase next coaching job" and that came up....I looked it up because I haven't heard a thing about him.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Do you think Dave Wandstedt could have drawn up a gameplan last year to stop Gase’s offense?

The person most responsible for stopping the Jets offense last year was GM Joe Douglas.  Gase was a horrible head coach but his GM did him & especially Sam Darnold no favors by assembling a bad roster.  

I think Gase is probably an OK offensive coordinator.  Nothing super unique to his offense.  Not a great run game coordinator.   But I think between the ears he knows football, its more of an issue with coaching style and lack of leadership. It'll take a year or two, but I suspect he just ends up in college where former NFL coaches tend to have success (largely due to having a name that helps with recruiting).  Doubt he ever wins much of anything, but I could see him in the pac-60 or whatever its called now.

8 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I honestly don't know either.  I just googled "Adam Gase next coaching job" and that came up....I looked it up because I haven't heard a thing about him.

It doesn’t matter, it’s funny either way. 

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, MJS said:

One of the most hilarious head coach signings in recent memory. Failed in Miami, so the Jets wanted him? He didn't just fail in Miami, it was a disaster in the locker room with him constantly throwing his own players under the bus and saying stupid things to the media constantly. I could not believe how lucky we were that the Jets hired him.

Sam Darnold…, not so lucky… 😂