Voice of the Eagles Merrill Reese: the word is Bills are close to finalizing deal with Zach Ertz

Message added by Hapless Bills Fan,

There are certain topics that have been "done to death" here recently.  The horse is dead and has been thoroughly beaten and flayed. 

Everybody and his Cat have had more than enough chance to express their personal viewpoint - Over.  and Over.  And Over.  again. 

Every aspect of the situation has been discussed - several times.  Let me say that again:  EVERY ASPECT of the situation has been discussed, several times.

In theory, it should be fine, we should be able to talk about it.  In practice, people tend to lose their temper on these threads, start slinging insults back and forth.  Others get into General Political or Covid discussion, against Scott's pinned request (which is there for good reason). 

It makes work for the Mods who would rather be drinking beer and watching the 'maters grow, or napping.

If you're here long enough to start threads, you know to search before starting new topics, so if you don't already know there have been umpteen Beasley's Tweets and Ertz Trade threads that have all wound up locked for going "off the rails", you should be able to figure it out.

Start a new thread right after another has been locked, Be Very Careful - you take your chances on warnings/suspensions from Mods.

10 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Bills interests aside I do wonder what the hell is going on with Ertz and the Eagles? It is clear that cap wise the Eagles kind of have to move on from Ertz and that Ertz doesn't want to be there. Yet the Eagles appear to be holding him hostage to gain as valuable a pick as possible but the trade market is either not hot or non-existant. I hope for Ertz's sake it gets resolved soon hopefully with the Bills landing him but I just haven't seen this type of situation in the NFL recently. 

If you look at the way the Eagles have been run since their Super Bowl year they have been run incredibly poorly draftwise and organizationally with their signings so this isn’t surprising they keep holding out for a better offer but one isn’t coming 

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

If you look at the way the Eagles have been run since their Super Bowl year they have been run incredibly poorly draftwise and organizationally with their signings so this isn’t surprising they keep holding out for a better offer but one isn’t coming 

It seems that way. Would think if it was it would have happened by now with TC this close. Also Bills basically only team that is ever mentioned when it comes to him. Don't know what Eagles management is thinking but won't be surprised at all by them screwing themselves in some way when it's said and done.

And the beat goes on… The rhythm to my brain…

S&C 

24 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Ertz was spotted at the airport. GIT ER DONE Buddy!

Ops, that was 2011, not 2021....sorry for the optimism.

That was back when if we had heard of him we wanted to sign him. 

You had me at "Ertz was spotted..."

Now I'm deflated again....  Thanks a LOT!

😟

• Like (+1) 1

At this point, unless he’s taking a pay cut and it’s for less than a 5th, I don’t want it.

No idea why everyone has been clamoring for an expensive, slow, old tight end who can’t block. Spend the money elsewhere and keep the picks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

At this point, unless he’s taking a pay cut and it’s for less than a 5th, I don’t want it.

No idea why everyone has been clamoring for an expensive, slow, old tight end who can’t block. Spend the money elsewhere and keep the picks.

I think they're content with Hollister and Knox.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, H2o said:

Old West Reaction GIF by GritTV

Me checking this thread every so often to see if anything has changed. 

Every time I see the thread bumped I get a little excited only to be dissapointed in the end

Its kinda like marriage. 

• Haha (+1) 6

22 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

We haven't traded for him yet ?

I have a feeling this thread will still be going in December.

I hope the thread continues long after Ertz has retired. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4