Voice of the Eagles Merrill Reese: the word is Bills are close to finalizing deal with Zach Ertz

Message added by Hapless Bills Fan,

There are certain topics that have been "done to death" here recently.  The horse is dead and has been thoroughly beaten and flayed. 

Everybody and his Cat have had more than enough chance to express their personal viewpoint - Over.  and Over.  And Over.  again. 

Every aspect of the situation has been discussed - several times.  Let me say that again:  EVERY ASPECT of the situation has been discussed, several times.

In theory, it should be fine, we should be able to talk about it.  In practice, people tend to lose their temper on these threads, start slinging insults back and forth.  Others get into General Political or Covid discussion, against Scott's pinned request (which is there for good reason). 

It makes work for the Mods who would rather be drinking beer and watching the 'maters grow, or napping.

If you're here long enough to start threads, you know to search before starting new topics, so if you don't already know there have been umpteen Beasley's Tweets and Ertz Trade threads that have all wound up locked for going "off the rails", you should be able to figure it out.

Start a new thread right after another has been locked, Be Very Careful - you take your chances on warnings/suspensions from Mods.

16 hours ago, Logic said:

There is no better illustration of the desperation of Bills fans during the drought years than the "Bryant Johnson watch" threads. Dozens of pages tracking news and rumors and even flight plans, all for.....BRYANT JOHNSON?!?!

Sheesh.

Robert Meacham was another one

Dark times

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Robert Meacham was another one

Dark times

Wow. Totally forgot about that until you just mentioned it.

Meachem, Johnson…total footnotes in NFL history, neither ever producing more than 750 yards in a season, and Bills fans were hoping against hope that we could somehow lure them here.

Really makes you have new appreciation for our current WR corps, and for this new era of Bills football in general.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Wow. Totally forgot about that until you just mentioned it.

Meachem, Johnson…total footnotes in NFL history, neither ever producing more than 750 yards in a season, and Bills fans were hoping against hope that we could somehow lure them here.

Really makes you have new appreciation for our current WR corps, and for this new era of Bills football in general.

Right? Even signing Boldin when he was 38 was seen as this huge win and in reality, even hed played he would have gotten like 500 yards and 2 Tds

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Bills fans have always been of the "Git er done" mentality when ANY name comes up as possible trade fodder.

I doubt that will ever change....

13 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Dark times

Desperate times called for desperate reactions!

I'm so glad we're past that now.  Hopefully the good times will keep on rolling.....

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/6/2021 at 2:36 PM, Virgil said:

Whoaaaaaaa, we're half way there!!!!  Whoa...ohhhh, we're livin on a prayer!!!!

***** Bon Jovi

Hey, Bon Jovi was almost a Bill too (kind of).

Good one, Virg.

Edited by BillsFan619

57 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Watt was never coming here. He took the money from the highest bidder and ran with it. Good luck to him in Arizona lol

I saw a pic somewhere of him hanging out with josh and Britt at a suns playoff game. He’s probably thinking he made a grave mistake signing up to play with Kliff and lil 3 foot tall Kyler 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

Cant forget Vick when he was on his comeback.  Dungy as an advisor pushing Buffalo.  

Until Jumbo said no to him, and that was that. Some history between the two I forgot.

I remember a time when E. Sanders and Smoke Brown was almost Bills.😉

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

There was a random night where Bob Sanders was almost a Bill too. I remember following that pretty close to only be disappointed….how far we have come 🤷‍♂️

Colts never with that SB without him. Loved him as a player. 

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He skipped the ceremony this year.  You know, where the Canadians all get together one night with a full moon, and transfer all their nasty feelings to Canada Geese.

Canada Geese are the summoned hate we don’t pass on to others. This is verifiable.

For people saying Ertz had ***** QB play last year.

Goedert caught 75% of his 64 targets for over 8yds/tgt and 3 tds

Ertz caught 52% of his 68 targets for less than 5 yds/tgt and 1 td.

200 yds and 2 tds more for Goedert on 4 less targets than Ertz, same QB.

I know he was banged up but I'm not confident he will ever be the player he was again and I definitely wouldn't trade a pick and pay 8 mil for 1 year to find out.

Steven Nelson is the guy I hope they get.  I think he would make a much bigger impact on the teams chances.