Voice of the Eagles Merrill Reese: the word is Bills are close to finalizing deal with Zach Ertz

Message added by Hapless Bills Fan,

There are certain topics that have been "done to death" here recently.  The horse is dead and has been thoroughly beaten and flayed. 

Everybody and his Cat have had more than enough chance to express their personal viewpoint - Over.  and Over.  And Over.  again. 

Every aspect of the situation has been discussed - several times.  Let me say that again:  EVERY ASPECT of the situation has been discussed, several times.

In theory, it should be fine, we should be able to talk about it.  In practice, people tend to lose their temper on these threads, start slinging insults back and forth.  Others get into General Political or Covid discussion, against Scott's pinned request (which is there for good reason). 

It makes work for the Mods who would rather be drinking beer and watching the 'maters grow, or napping.

If you're here long enough to start threads, you know to search before starting new topics, so if you don't already know there have been umpteen Beasley's Tweets and Ertz Trade threads that have all wound up locked for going "off the rails", you should be able to figure it out.

Start a new thread right after another has been locked, Be Very Careful - you take your chances on warnings/suspensions from Mods.

I’m sure the Bills are just throwing out a 7th round pick…..

but I’m sure the Eagles are want it to be of a conditional pick, like a 7th that could turn into a 4th or 5th based on games played, receptions, yards TDs….. Beane ain’t that desperate.

Is Ertz signed yet?

19 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

This will probably be one of those things that just completely fizzles out here. We will all start to get excited for the new season and just forget about it for a while…then out of nowhere get the alert that we traded for him.

Bills fans are a like a dog with a bone when it comes to potential trades.  No forgetting about it around here....  we have waaaay too many pages still to fill on this thread.

Well, that clown NFL Rumors twitter account quietly unpinned their "breaking" Ertz story. Can we all agree to never ever post anything from there ever again?

They "talked" to two "sources"!!!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

This will probably be one of those things that just completely fizzles out here. We will all start to get excited for the new season and just forget about it for a while…then out of nowhere get the alert that we traded for him.

Yeah, I recall few months ago or so, some woman (reporter I guess, don't remember her name) posted something that said " the Bills were in process of getting a certain player and that when signed she would be even more of a believer", or something along those lines.

Anyways, about that same time the Ertz talks started. So probably one of those "throwing ***** at the wall and see if it sticks" type of things. So we will see what happens very soon I would think since it's July and TC is about to start.

I for one think nothing will come out of it, but I'm certainly not right all the time. Will surprise me if it does, that's for sure.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

BREAKING: Sources say that the Zach Ertz to Buffalo trade probably isn't gonna be happening. The Eagles may just release him as training camp gets closer or they may just keep him. They could also trade him to the Bills as training camp gets closer but then they might not. One thing is for sure....I like beer

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

BREAKING: Sources say that the Zach Ertz to Buffalo trade probably isn't gonna be happening. The Eagles may just release him as training camp gets closer or they may just keep him. They could also trade him to the Bills as training camp gets closer but then they might not. One thing is for sure....I like beer

Happy Hour Drinking GIF

Beane and McDermott discussing if they should trade for Ertz

• Like (+1) 1

Just going to say IMO. Just think Ertz ( his agent) or Eagles team is leaking stuff to try to get a trade.

Beane and McDermott don't leak things much. This has been happening since free agency started. So possibly  thinking could be Ertz or someone on the Eagles team trying something.

54 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Just going to say IMO. Just think Ertz ( his agent) or Eagles team is leaking stuff to try to get a trade.

Beane and McDermott don't leak things much. This has been happening since free agency started. So possibly  thinking could be Ertz or someone on the Eagles team trying something.

I think it's the media and the ones that tweet etc more than the eagles. That's where it started anyways, a tweet or insta, or whatever, a while back, like couple moths ago or so.....was a woman that sort of started it. She didn't exactly say Ertz name but if not mistaken it was implied Bills trading with a team involving a big time TE that was said. I don't remember the exact words but I do recall her saying it was a popular player or TE and Bills were said to be getting him. So naturally Ertz was only "big name TE" that could be dealt, or was the most popular. So with that the rumors/talks began.

Also said something like, if Bills do get this player, she would become a big Bills fan. That's when this started because Ertz talk started right then.

So imo I think more likely came from that than Eagles, Ertz agent etc.

54 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

And I agree, it certainly didn't come from them

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

35 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I think it's the media and the ones that tweet etc more than the eagles. That's where it started anyways, a tweet or insta, or whatever, a while back, like couple moths ago or so.....was a woman that sort of started it. She didn't exactly say Ertz name but if not mistaken it was implied Bills trading with a team involving a big time TE that was said. I don't remember the exact words but I do recall her saying it was a popular player or TE and Bills were said to be getting him. So naturally Ertz was only "big name TE" that could be dealt, or was the most popular. So with that the rumors/talks began.

Also said something like, if Bills do get this player, she would become a big Bills fan. That's when this started because Ertz talk started right then.

So imo I think more likely came from that than Eagles, Ertz agent etc.

And I agree, it certainly didn't come from them

GMs are almost never the source of leaks. The front office is more than two people.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

GMs are almost never the source of leaks. The front office is more than two people.

Did you misread my post? I never said GMs were the source of "leaks", and nothing about any front office (and I'm fully aware a NFL front office has more than 2 ppl).

I responded to you saying where you thought the Ertz leak came from, and you said maybe Eagles or Ertz agent. My reply was imo it started with the media and a woman that posted about a Bills trade/

I mean I don't know why in the world you just came up with this here about GMs and front office.... lol

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Like (+1) 1

Only twenty-three pages about a trade that’s likely not gonna happen? Folk round here are slacking off big time…

Lets move back to a discussion about a DE that we’re not gonna sign, far more entertaining…,

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Did you misread my post? I never said GMs were the source of "leaks", and nothing about any front office (and I'm fully aware a NFL front office has more than 2 ppl).

I responded to you saying where you thought the Ertz leak came from, and you said maybe Eagles or Ertz agent. My reply was imo it started with the media and a woman that posted about a Bills trade/

I mean I don't know why in the world you just came up with this here about GMs and front office.... lol

I didn't say anything about where the leaks came from. No idea what you're talking about.

Close to a deal, huh?  For days now?

I guess it's like the arrow paradox.  That to reach a target, an arrow must first travel half the distance between.  In doing so it never reaches the target because it always has to first close half the gap.

Are we now looking at the Ertz Trade Paradox? 🤔

zeno-arrow-paradox-diagram.jpg

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

Close to a deal, huh?  For days now?

I guess it's like the arrow paradox.  That to reach a target, an arrow must first travel half the distance between.  In doing so it never reaches the target because it always has to first close half the gap.

Are we now looking at the Ertz Trade Paradox? 🤔

zeno-arrow-paradox-diagram.jpg

Insightful?...or inciteful? 😁

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Boxcar said:

I didn't say anything about where the leaks came from. No idea what you're talking about.

Ok sorry. I got you and other poster mixed up. But you did say this below quoting my post.... and not sure why?  I never said nothing about GM's or any front office that had 2 ppl... 

So got another poster mixed up with you, however, you quoted me for some reason with this out of left field post 

14 hours ago, Boxcar said:

GMs are almost never the source of leaks. The front office is more than two people