Voice of the Eagles Merrill Reese: the word is Bills are close to finalizing deal with Zach Ertz

Message added by Hapless Bills Fan,

There are certain topics that have been "done to death" here recently.  The horse is dead and has been thoroughly beaten and flayed. 

Everybody and his Cat have had more than enough chance to express their personal viewpoint - Over.  and Over.  And Over.  again. 

Every aspect of the situation has been discussed - several times.  Let me say that again:  EVERY ASPECT of the situation has been discussed, several times.

In theory, it should be fine, we should be able to talk about it.  In practice, people tend to lose their temper on these threads, start slinging insults back and forth.  Others get into General Political or Covid discussion, against Scott's pinned request (which is there for good reason). 

It makes work for the Mods who would rather be drinking beer and watching the 'maters grow, or napping.

If you're here long enough to start threads, you know to search before starting new topics, so if you don't already know there have been umpteen Beasley's Tweets and Ertz Trade threads that have all wound up locked for going "off the rails", you should be able to figure it out.

Start a new thread right after another has been locked, Be Very Careful - you take your chances on warnings/suspensions from Mods.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

You know man, I’m getting real sick and tired of this hope you’re sending my way.  I like to be in my cave of negativity. 

You and Josh are really pissing me off 

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, davspo said:

I really don't see the need myself.  We cannot possible pass the ball more so targets to him take away from someone else.  If anything a 6th or 7th and the Birds eat a significant portion of his bloated contract.  

Dudes a chain mover. And it's not the volume of catches as much as a different offensive dynamic defenses haven't had to respect. Nice RZ target too. I'm all about it even if he is past his prime

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, billybrew1 said:

Get the pro bowler now! We need more weapons! The more the weapons, the better the weapons, the better Josh Allen is. That's a no-brainer!

Super Bowl!!! (Yes, I think Ertz gives us a better chance to win it all.. I thought it was made crystal clear last playoffs.)

At least we will have an offense that can compete with the chefs. Maybe Groot and the defense surprises at the other facet? Let's remember there is a reason Groot went first.

Go Groot!

Go Ertz (to Buffalo!)

Go Bills!

The SB was a TE show down. Extremely obvious it was a dynamic we were missing that the SB Teams thrived with

• Like (+1) 1

I’ve been waiting for this, it looks like it’s finally going to happen. Send them a 5th, I don’t care. Ertz will be a top 5-7 TE in this league with Allen getting him the ball. I know he has one year left on his deal, but he will re-sign here once we get to the Super Bowl or AFCC game.

2 hours ago, davspo said:

I really don't see the need myself.  We cannot possible pass the ball more so targets to him take away from someone else.  If anything a 6th or 7th and the Birds eat a significant portion of his bloated contract.  

If Ertz takes the 2020 targets from John Brown, Knox, Kroft & Smith, that's 110+ targets that would otherwise be going to lesser receivers in 2021. I don't see how that isn't an upgrade for us this year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CommonCents said:

I don’t like this move, I don’t think they will give up much but I’m fine with the TE group the Bills have. For years I have talked about chemistry and the importance of a good locker room. The Bills have now mastered that. 

Ertz and Wentz had a few things hit the media, who knows how much truth there was with any of it but is he worth any risk at this stage of his career?

I’m not buying it. I like the locker room as is. I know some will say Diggs was bashed/teased by some of his former teammates in Minni. Diggs is a monster, he was worth the risk. 

If the Bills have mastered locker room chemistry...I would imagine they could handle adding another player, who by all accounts is a good guy.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Victory Formation said:

I don’t see Knox ever becoming what we hoped for him to be. Time to move on.

Two years including a bunch of time where was out injured or Covid and you're ready to move on.  Allen looked just as bad his  1st two years, probably worse as rookie than Knox looked.  Did you want to move on then to?

Amazes me the number of people who post on message board that can evaluate talent better than full time coaches and GM's!

• Like (+1) 1