Voice of the Eagles Merrill Reese: the word is Bills are close to finalizing deal with Zach Ertz

Message added by Hapless Bills Fan,

There are certain topics that have been "done to death" here recently.  The horse is dead and has been thoroughly beaten and flayed. 

Everybody and his Cat have had more than enough chance to express their personal viewpoint - Over.  and Over.  And Over.  again. 

Every aspect of the situation has been discussed - several times.  Let me say that again:  EVERY ASPECT of the situation has been discussed, several times.

In theory, it should be fine, we should be able to talk about it.  In practice, people tend to lose their temper on these threads, start slinging insults back and forth.  Others get into General Political or Covid discussion, against Scott's pinned request (which is there for good reason). 

It makes work for the Mods who would rather be drinking beer and watching the 'maters grow, or napping.

If you're here long enough to start threads, you know to search before starting new topics, so if you don't already know there have been umpteen Beasley's Tweets and Ertz Trade threads that have all wound up locked for going "off the rails", you should be able to figure it out.

Start a new thread right after another has been locked, Be Very Careful - you take your chances on warnings/suspensions from Mods.

2 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

I don’t like this move, I don’t think they will give up much but I’m fine with the TE group the Bills have. For years I have talked about chemistry and the importance of a good locker room. The Bills have now mastered that. 

Ertz and Wentz had a few things hit the media, who knows how much truth there was with any of it but is he worth any risk at this stage of his career?

I’m not buying it. I like the locker room as is. I know some will say Diggs was bashed/teased by some of his former teammates in Minni. Diggs is a monster, he was worth the risk. 

Ertz is less of a risk than Diggs was.  Diggs stopped showing up and was fined.  

Ertz would finally give us a good and reliable tight end.  Tight end is the biggest concern on offense....we got nothing from them last year.

• Like (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

And Pat Moran will sacrifice his first born to The High Priest of the Great Old Ones, The Great Dreamer, The Sleeper of R'lyeh, Cthulu if he is wrong.

You're speaking my language! 

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" err.... I mean Git'r done Beane.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

Get the pro bowler now! We need more weapons! The more the weapons, the better the weapons, the better Josh Allen is. That's a no-brainer!

Super Bowl!!! (Yes, I think Ertz gives us a better chance to win it all.. I thought it was made crystal clear last playoffs.)

At least we will have an offense that can compete with the chefs. Maybe Groot and the defense surprises at the other facet? Let's remember there is a reason Groot went first.

Go Groot!

Go Ertz (to Buffalo!)

Go Bills!

Agree! The more weapons the better and it gives the opposing D another thing to try to defend. WR’s, slot WR, TE, RB and a playmaker at QB makes it hard for the D to stop it all. Ertz just being on the field opens up the entire offense. Get it done OBD!

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Ertz is less of a risk than Diggs was.  Diggs stopped showing up and was fined.  

Ertz would finally give us a good and reliable tight end.  Tight end is the biggest concern on offense....we got nothing from them last year.

Tight End is the biggest concern for you? I still can’t sleep at night without seeing visions of Chris Jones eating the Bills oline. 

Knox will be fine. I hated him for missing that block in the Texans playoff game but he is ready to break out. TE is one of the hardest positions to grow into, he has the physical tools. It’s time. 

8 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Tight End is the biggest concern for you? I still can’t sleep at night without seeing visions of Chris Jones eating the Bills oline. 

Knox will be fine. I hated him for missing that block in the Texans playoff game but he is ready to break out. TE is one of the hardest positions to grow into, he has the physical tools. It’s time. 

Yes, tight end is the biggest concern for us.  Our leader in receptions from a tight end was 24 and that was Knox.  24.

Knox has missed more than just that one block.  He isn't a reliable WR or blocker at this point.  A lot of people have the physical tools in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

I don’t like this move, I don’t think they will give up much but I’m fine with the TE group the Bills have. For years I have talked about chemistry and the importance of a good locker room. The Bills have now mastered that. 

Ertz and Wentz had a few things hit the media, who knows how much truth there was with any of it but is he worth any risk at this stage of his career?

I’m not buying it. I like the locker room as is. I know some will say Diggs was bashed/teased by some of his former teammates in Minni. Diggs is a monster, he was worth the risk. 

Lol locker room... That is the dumbest thing especially with Josh Allen as the leader.

Rumors are Wentz is a PoS, and we all know the guys will take a bullet for Josh. Can't destroy the locker room that has been created.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Was one of my favorite players on the team when he was at Stanford. A number of games where he effectively was the passing game outlet and generated all of the big plays. I really haven't paid attention to him in the NFL because as I really only have the energy for the Bills, but if he's physically able I think it's reasonable to assume he should increase his recent output given who was QBing the eagles. 

• Like (+1) 1

Interestingly, Wikipedia already states that Ertz is a member of the Buffalo Bills.  Just google his name and click on the Wikipedia link if you need to double check.  My guess is somebody jumped the gun as there is no confirmation in any other sporting news outlet as of yet.

1 minute ago, BigAl2526 said:

Interestingly, Wikipedia already states that Ertz is a member of the Buffalo Bills.  Just google his name and click on the Wikipedia link if you need to double check.  My guess is somebody jumped the gun as there is no confirmation in any other sporting news outlet as of yet.

I'm sure he's been a Bill several times on wikipedia already this off season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Well, common sense would tell us then he should have no problem beating out a 30 year old JAG