Many Saints of Newark new official trailer....Sopranos Prequel....

Patrick Duffy

gonna be a multi film thing or a one off?  Kinda hoping for the former.  Ray Liotta seems like a perfect fit in that

@shrader, almost a chance fictional meeting between the goodfellas family and the soon to be sopranos crew...that would be super cool to see

On 7/2/2021 at 10:31 AM, shrader said:

The brief glimpse of Ray Liotta in there makes me wish they found a way to give Joe Pesci a cameo.

Edited by The Poojer

11 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

gonna be a multi film thing or a one off?  Kinda hoping for the former.  Ray Liotta seems like a perfect fit in that

@shrader, almost a chance fictional meeting between the goodfellas family and the soon to be sopranos crew...that would be super cool to see

A one time movie far as I know.....

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, The Poojer said:

And Liotta needs to pay a visit to Dr Melfi. 

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I wonder how 'The Mandelorian' would have fared with a baby Jar Jar instead of a baby Yoda? 🤔

I mean, that one is easy to answer. He fires his blaster the second that baby pod opens. 

• Haha (+1) 1

• 6 months later...

I finally watched The Many Saints of Newark last night. To be honest, I did not like it. They tried too hard to come up with something and to me it just did not have the same draw as the original. Tony made the original and the story just falls apart without his true character.

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

I finally watched The Many Saints of Newark last night. To be honest, I did not like it. They tried too hard to come up with something and to me it just did not have the same draw as the original. Tony made the original and the story just falls apart without his true character.

I didn’t hate it but more Tony and Mom content would’ve been better.  

I think I would be letdown unless it was absolutely brilliantly done. I'm not sure that would be even possible in a movie format. A Prequel SERIES where they develop the characters, more content even new drama angles etc would be better

another series I absolutely adored was Sons of Anarchy......now Kurt Sutter would have been a fascinating choice for executive producer of a Sopranos prequel. That show brought the drama and you Invested in he characters even though they were basically criminals , similar to the Sopranos. Now THAT would be a show Id binge watch.

m

SPOILERS BELOW

No disagreement with the consensus here!  The magic of the TV show was that not everything had to be wrapped up in a neat little bow at the end of every episode.  As in life, things just don't work like that.  The movie by contrast seemed rushed from beginning to end.  We were barely introduced to Dickey's father, and the next thing we know he's getting his head bashed in.  The whole twin thing was bizarre really, although I did find Liotta's performance of Dickey's uncle in prison to be a saving grace.  All the Easter Eggs really hurt.  It seemed like every other scene there had to be some reference to the original series.  How many people did not hear the "varsity athlete" line coming a mile away??  And the actor who played Silvio went WAY over the top.  Sil's mannerisms would have developed over time as he aged.  The whole race riot subplot seemed distracting, disjointed, and unnecessary.  

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

I am as big a Sopranos fan as there as, and I just can't be bothered to watch TMSON at all! 

I've watched the trailers and have a feel for what they are doing, and your reaction to watching it is the sort of thing that's making me drag feet on it.  

It just looks like a disappointment waiting to be viewed.   

I'll watch it some day, when it's in front of my face by accident.

14 hours ago, The Jerk said:

Haven't peeped. I'm guessing it's like El Camino - not bad but really not nessicary.

Have not watched Many Saints.  Based on reviews.  Wanted it to be excellent.  Wonder if it’s a lead in to a prequel series.  That would be cool.

El Camino.  Had to watch it a few times, better the 2nd time.  Good, not bad.  Didn’t want it to ruin the actual series, and it didn’t.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.