Stephon Gilmore wants more money.

TBBills

15 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

You had to go back 12 months for that, lo.  I had to go back 12 minutes for your latest L/flop.

But as for the Diggs issue--that was correctly settled by me at the time:  not a top 10 WR in 2019: he was 17th in total yards (15th for WR).  Missed a game, you say?  He wasn't even top 5 in WR with less than 16 games played..   Then you tried to add some imaginary yards based on "YPG"--another category in which he was (barely) top 10 only if you ignore the much better receiver (to that point) Kelce--and barely.  So...you were forced to argue that, if you eliminate Kelce, Waller (and Kittle)....and then add yards that Diggs didn't record for a game he didn't play, then he sits nicely at #10 for 2019!  Well played!  

keep "Digg"-ing , doc.  You're almost there!

#stepontherake

image.png.d7bc778d72ebc6c812afa5077b2480f4.png

It was the most memorable (for everyone!) example of how your losses are wins in your mind.  You twisted yourself into such a pretzel I wanted to start calling you "Auntie Anne."

Anyway, if you think this was a win when I also said "UDFA," LOL!  If you think that the Bruce Smith comments were a win for you, LOL!  And when Snyder ultimately gets the trademark for "Washington Team Football"...

He's not on the list for the same reason Richard Sherman isn't.  Both are past 30, though Sherman is a couple years older.  Both, I'm sure, are hoping for a multi year deal, but no team wants to risk a multiyear deal with a premium paycheck on a player who could hit the proverbial wall at any time.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BigAl2526 said:

He's not on the list for the same reason Richard Sherman isn't.  Both are past 30, though Sherman is a couple years older.  Both, I'm sure, are hoping for a multi year deal, but no team wants to risk a multiyear deal with a premium paycheck on a player who could hit the proverbial wall at any time.

Gilmore doesn't care.  He wants to be paid as much as the other guys.  If he plays for them this season, I expect some Buffalo-era play from him.

Just now, Virgil said:

I can’t read through all 6 pages to see if this has already been posted. (Don’t want to, not can’t).  With that….

***** him

It has been.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

It was the most memorable (for everyone!) example of how your losses are wins in your mind.  You twisted yourself into such a pretzel I wanted to start calling you "Auntie Anne."

Anyway, if you think this was a win when I also said "UDFA," LOL!  If you think that the Bruce Smith comments were a win for you, LOL!  And when Snyder ultimately gets the trademark for "Washington Team Football"...

Invoking imaginary stats is a solid example of twisting. (“He would have gotten enough yards in that 16th game to crack the top 10 of non-TE receivers!!!…so that makes him top 10).  Yeah, it was good… 

Bruce comments were easy.  You couldn’t come up with any method forthe average doc to be able to figure “out” the player, which was your purported concern.  The icing on the cake was your suggested rewrite of Briuces quote.  No one would ever narrow that statement as down to a Buffalo Bills player.  You should work in PR!

WFT?  I don’t see how that falls on me.  I’ve just repeatedly explained why he didn’t get it.  It was reported everywhere as to why.  Yet, You kept laughing at the thought of the guy offering the names for free—you finally clammed up after my 3rd or 4th quote from the guy from a year ago, proving you were wrong again.

Also,  as has been stated already,  the squatter registered WFT before Snyder, so if the WFT  trademark is ultimately approved…….

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Invoking imaginary stats is a solid example of twisting. (“He would have gotten enough yards in that 16th game to crack the top 10 of non-TE receivers!!!…so that makes him top 10).  Yeah, it was good… 

Bruce comments were easy.  You couldn’t come up with any method forthe average doc to be able to figure “out” the player, which was your purported concern.  The icing on the cake was your suggested rewrite of Briuces quote.  No one would ever narrow that statement as down to a Buffalo Bills player.  You should work in PR!

WFT?  I don’t see how that falls on me.  I’ve just repeatedly explained why he didn’t get it.  It was reported everywhere as to why.  Yet, You kept laughing at the thought of the guy offering the names for free—you finally clammed up after my 3rd or 4th quote from the guy from a year ago, proving you were wrong again.

Also,  as has been stated already,  the squatter registered WFT before Snyder, so if the WFT  trademark is ultimately approved…….

LOL!  And you're still at it! 

No, I didn't invoke imaginary stats.  Diggs was actually 10th in YPG among WRs.  That's a top-10 WR.  When you realized you were losing you then started digging, talking about "well, if he'd played that 16th game..."  And then he proceeded to lead the league in yards and receptions.  Why you chose to fight, and then die, on that hill I'll never understand.

Again the bottom line WRT Bruce's statement is that he added nothing by specifying a narrow time period with a particular team except for making people wonder who it was and therefore possibly making the player or players uncomfortable.  There is nothing wrong with that difference of opinion so why you went ape ***** over it I'll also never understand.  Especially when you've only ever trashed Bruce.  Judging by Hap needing to inform you that Bruce specified a time period makes me think you never saw that but were so entrenched that you had to keep digging.  So I'll give you a pass.  I'm generous like that.

Yes, because the squatter said it, it means it's true.  LOL!  Again it's curious what and who you choose to believe. 

Oh and he wasn't able to register WTF.  Snyder will though, inevitably.

Edited by Doc

5 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

You're assuming his play style remained the same after leaving the Bills.  He went to a team that taught him to cheat, and his penalties went DOWN.  He was great with the Bills, but the illegal contact is what made him elite with the Pats.

His play style was the same. 

5 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Agreed.  He was a poor man's Richard Sherman at best.  Guy could not tackle to save his life.  Someone will overpay him, and he will done within 2 years.  

Yea this commentary in his time in Buffalo is just plain wrong.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

LOL!  And you're still at it! 

No, I didn't invoke imaginary stats.  Diggs was actually 10th in YPG among WRs.  That's a top-10 WR.  When you realized you were losing you then started digging, talking about "well, if he'd played that 16th game..."  And then he proceeded to lead the league in yards and receptions.  Why you chose to fight, and then die, on that hill I'll never understand.

Again the bottom line WRT Bruce's statement is that he added nothing by specifying a narrow time period with a particular team except for making people wonder who it was and therefore possibly making the player or players uncomfortable.  There is nothing wrong with that difference of opinion so why you went ape ***** over it I'll also never understand.  Especially when you've only ever trashed Bruce.  Judging by Hap needing to inform you that Bruce specified a time period makes me think you never saw that but were so entrenched that you had to keep digging.  So I'll give you a pass.  I'm generous like that.

Yes, because the squatter said it, it means it's true.  LOL!  Again it's curious what and who you choose to believe. 

Oh and he wasn't able to register WTF.  Snyder will though, inevitably.

doc we went over this.  He was 15th in yards and tied for 44th in catches.  No one ranks a "top 10 YPG" for any position.  No one nowhere.

You were the one who said he would have had whatever yards in that 16th game to put him the top 10 for a full season.  I disagreed.

You suggested Bruce say he played with a gay team mate and not mention the Bills.  I pointed out the obvious, Bruce played 15 years with the Bills--so it didn't matter that he said "late 90's".  With your advice, everyone would still have assumed he meant the Bills, not Washington.

Speaking of Washington, why do you keep LOL'ing over the squatter's multiple public claims (a year ago, no less) that are undisputed by the NFL, by Snyder---anyone but you--that he offered the trademarks for free?   What do you have to counter this to make it laughable?  Since you are the only one disputing it, who else is among my choices to "believe"?  There's just you and the squatter's undisputed claims.   So, you make no sense with this one.

McCaulay tried to register WFT (before Snyder).  

"The agency concluded that the name refers to a geographic area that is too generic, and that the notorious trademark squatter Martin McCaulay already has submitted an application for the name. (The first conclusion seemingly would invalidate McCaulay’s claim, too.)".  If "inevitably" approved, why would Snyder get it ahead of the squatter?

Oh, and NE has signed 3 decent UNFA rookie DBs in 20 years:  Gay, Butler, Jones.  You win again!!!

Edited by Mr. WEO

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

doc we went over this.  He was 15th in yards and tied for 44th in catches.  No one ranks a "top 10 YPG" for any position.  No one nowhere.

You were the one who said he would have had whatever yards in that 16th game to put him the top 10 for a full season.  I disagreed.

You suggested Bruce say he played with a gay team mate and not mention the Bills.  I pointed out the obvious, Bruce played 15 years with the Bills--so it didn't matter that he said "late 90's".  With your advice, everyone would still have assumed he meant the Bills, not Washington.

Speaking of Washington, why do you keep LOL'ing over the squatter's multiple public claims (a year ago, no less) that are undisputed by the NFL, by Snyder---anyone but you--that he offered the trademarks for free?   What do you have to counter this to make it laughable?  Since you are the only one disputing it, who else is among my choices to "believe"?  There's just you and the squatter's undisputed claims.   So, you make no sense with this one.

McCaulay tried to register WFT (before Snyder).  

"The agency concluded that the name refers to a geographic area that is too generic, and that the notorious trademark squatter Martin McCaulay already has submitted an application for the name. (The first conclusion seemingly would invalidate McCaulay’s claim, too.)".  If "inevitably" approved, why would Snyder get it ahead of the squatter?

Oh, and NE has signed 3 decent UNFA rookie DBs in 20 years:  Gay, Butler, Jones.  You win again!!!

Yeah, we went over...that not playing in a game will hurt your stats.  Not a hard concept to grasp.  Hence the YPG thing which removes that pesky little detail.  And he proved he was easily a top-2 WR this year, wouldn't you say?  Which was the point. 

If it was so obvious that Bruce would have been talking about the Bills if he hadn't mentioned them...why mention them at all?  And what about the narrow time frame?  Was that obvious as well?  Of course not.  You can ignore his time in Washington as if he didn't have teammates or the 11-12 other years in Buffalo or the numerous other players he played with in Pro Bowls and socialized with over his 20 years if you like.  But it still doesn't explain the over-reaction by you. 

So you still believe the squatter invested over $20K just to piss it away?  All because he said so?  You're the only one.  And the NFL and Snyder aren't going to comment on him.  Snyder never even bothered to return his calls.  If he truly wanted to resolve this, he'd cancel his trademarks and leave a message he’d done so.  By admitting he was trying to contact him, he was obviously looking to get something out of it.

NE has signed 2 more than decent CBs in the past 7 years: Butler and Jackson.

Edited by Doc

On 6/29/2021 at 5:13 PM, Patrick_Duffy said:

I disagree. He is a decent CB, but definitely not the best in the league imo.

He had a year or two of being probably the best, but not anymore. Unfortunately, once he sours on a team he doesn't play as hard and goes into self preservation mode. We saw it in Buffalo and the Patriots are seeing it too. Now he is holding out.

Despite his talent, I am glad he was not re-signed in Buffalo. I don't really like him. I never liked how he would blame other players, avoided hits, and was pretty streaky in his play.

• Disagree 1

9 hours ago, Doc said:

Yeah, we went over...that not playing in a game will hurt your stats.  Not a hard concept to grasp.  Hence the YPG thing which removes that pesky little detail.  And he proved he was easily a top-2 WR this year, wouldn't you say?  Which was the point. 

If it was so obvious that Bruce would have been talking about the Bills if he hadn't mentioned them...why mention them at all?  And what about the narrow time frame?  Was that obvious as well?  Of course not.  You can ignore his time in Washington as if he didn't have teammates or the 11-12 other years in Buffalo or the numerous other players he played with in Pro Bowls and socialized with over his 20 years if you like.  But it still doesn't explain the over-reaction by you. 

So you still believe the squatter invested over $20K just to piss it away?  All because he said so?  You're the only one.  And the NFL and Snyder aren't going to comment on him.  Snyder never even bothered to return his calls.  If he truly wanted to resolve this, he'd cancel his trademarks and leave a message he’d done so.  By admitting he was trying to contact him, he was obviously looking to get something out of it.

NE has signed 2 more than decent CBs in the past 7 years: Butler and Jackson.

Yes, he was an actual top 2 WR this year.  

Bruce played 15 (11 or 12?) of his 19 seasons in Buffalo.  Therefore Everyone who heard his comment could assume it was a player in Buffalo had he followed your advice.  I'm not sure what over reaction to this news of Bruce's you are referring to.  You are the one who took issue with his statement, irrationally thinking this would lead to the player's outing now (see NoSaint's post above as to why that is not a logical concern).

I don't know how to make McCaulay's history more simple for you.  It is well documented in about every major news/sports out for over a year now (even going back over 5 years ago.   Yet no one has disputed his claim.  You are simply fabricating this "he's just lying" angle.  Snyder didn't return his calls presumably because he doesn't want any of the names he trademarked.  The squatter hired a lawyer a year ago because he was receiving threats on Twitter, etc.  This is what the lawyer published (again, a year before last week's story broke about the WFT rejection):

"In my diligence, I noted that McCaulay previously tried to communicate with the National Football League (the email I mentioned in another post), offering any of his pending or registered marks for free. He even asked, “Are you waiting for me to offer to pay you to take them off my hands?”

"At noon on July 15 (this was 2020), I disseminated a letter with the hope that it would clear the air as to who McCaulay is and what he stands for. McCaulay is a man with an expensive hobby of filing trademark applications and actually using the marks in connection with the goods and services stated in the descriptions of the applications. He is someone who has no desire to be a “trademark troll”; he will get out of the Washington NFL team’s way as soon as the team contacts him (if it decides to rebrand with any of the marks that McCaulay has sought to register)."

But yeah, everyone is lying...only because you say so.

22 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

You're assuming his play style remained the same after leaving the Bills.  He went to a team that taught him to cheat, and his penalties went DOWN.  He was great with the Bills, but the illegal contact is what made him elite with the Pats.

Maxwell?  Do you mean Byron Jones?  Maxwell isn't on the list.

Lol whoops yea Jones massive brain fart