Stephon Gilmore wants more money.

TBBills

I think the market has sort of spoken on Gilmore. For such a “great player,” it seems like no one wants to pay him like one. 

we can debate whether he is good or great or a bum— but if he is so valuable, wouldn’t he be paid like a top-5 or top-10 corner? 

Edited by Miyagi-Do Karate
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Weatherman said:

He’s still the best CB in the league when healthy.  He is under paid no doubt but then again he signed a contract with the Pats so F him! 

I wouldn’t say he’s the best.  At one time you might be able to say he was.  There’s names on that list that I would take over a heathy Gilmore

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I wouldn’t say he’s the best.  At one time you might be able to say he was.  There’s names on that list that I would take over a heathy Gilmore

Agree, but mostly because he’s 30 and on the downside of his career.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, TBBills said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/06/29/stephon-gilmore-tweets-a-list-of-highest-paid-dbs-which-hes-not-on/

Gilmore, who has a 2021 base salary of $7 million, posted on Twitter today a list of the 10 highest-paid defensive backs in the NFL. Gilmore, who isn’t on the list, added the comment, “Oh ok.”

Quite clearly not OK with his contract, Gilmore did not attend the Patriots’ mandatory minicamp. He and the Patriots have reportedly not made any significant progress in negotiating a new deal.

gilmore.jpg

Hilarious to see Tre White at the top of the list and Gilmore can't crack the top-10.

Maybe shouldn't have been so quick to bail on Buffalo for more "time in the spotlight". Doesnt seem to have been the best paying plan. Meanwhile, Tre is chasing those "Daddy Pegula" checks!

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

What a pathetic attempt.  

#takethelossandmoveon

attempt?

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I don’t want to get in the middle of this I just want to say that swatting flies and eating potato chips Sounds kind of nasty 😎

Depends on how long the fly was on the chip....5 second rule?

14 hours ago, TheProcess said:

What’s more interesting is that Miami has 2 corners in the top 10 and we beat the brakes off them last year. Love it. 

Howard is legit, Maxwell on the other hand is decent to good but does have flaws. Also he played in Dallas which inflated his value when he hit market.

43 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

It’s tough, but if you budget wisely you can get by.

Do you have any clue how much a super yacht is? He def needs more money :)

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The "he doesn't get flagged because he plays for New England" is way overblown. He got 12 flags as a Bill his rookie year. If you discount that year when he got flagged because he was still learning the NFL and did grab too often, he averages 1 penalty a year fewer in his 4 years in New England than he did in his other 4 years in Buffalo. It's something but it isn't much and it doesn't support the assertion that he gets away with a ton more because he is in New England. 

You're assuming his play style remained the same after leaving the Bills.  He went to a team that taught him to cheat, and his penalties went DOWN.  He was great with the Bills, but the illegal contact is what made him elite with the Pats.

4 hours ago, corta765 said:

Howard is legit, Maxwell on the other hand is decent to good but does have flaws. Also he played in Dallas which inflated his value when he hit market.

Do you have any clue how much a super yacht is? He def needs more money :)

Maxwell?  Do you mean Byron Jones?  Maxwell isn't on the list.

19 hours ago, Doc said:

He's a good CB who looks better in the Cheaters' system, like many CBs have done.  He was nothing great with Buffalo and will be nothing great again when he's gone from Cheaterland.

Agreed.  He was a poor man's Richard Sherman at best.  Guy could not tackle to save his life.  Someone will overpay him, and he will done within 2 years.  

• Disagree 1