I keep hearing on this board that Tremaine Edmunds only makes tackles 5+ yards past the L.O.S..🤔

Edmunds is a much better player than many of his critics are giving him credit for. He is still very young & while not playing at a pro bowl level (yet!) - he has shown well on the field in his early years. Remember, also, that he played through injury a good chunk of last season. Perhaps the "he only makes tackles 5 yards down field " crowd is confusing him with our former LB Paul Pozluszny. Now there was a master of the downfield tackle.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

Edmunds is a much better player than many of his critics are giving him credit for. He is still very young & while not playing at a pro bowl level (yet!) - he has shown well on the field in his early years. Remember, also, that he played through injury a good chunk of last season. Perhaps the "he only makes tackles 5 yards down field " crowd is confusing him with our former LB Paul Pozluszny. Now there was a master of the downfield tackle.

We seem to have some posters on here with a real agenda against him. Edmunds has not been Kuechly or Urlacher but he’s far from bad. I think the expectations were so high at such a young age people think he’s peaked already. Maybe he has. But I can’t find more than 5-6 guys in the league I would prefer over Edmunds. Haters wanna hate. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

That's when he makes the tackle. What is the stat on shooting the wrong gap?

To be fair, almost every linebacker in the league has this issue. Devin White is all world, but he misses quite a few gaps himself right? 

• Like (+1) 4

20 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

I get his point but would like to see where he stood for the 2020 season.  I bet not top 2. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m an Edmunds fan but hoping for a rebound. 

Of course, the dude had a busted shoulder. Trying to shed blocks and tackle with that is less than ideal. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

That's when he makes the tackle. What is the stat on shooting the wrong gap?

It's impressive that he's 2nd in the league in TFNG/L over the past 3 years shooting so many wrong gaps...

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

For me, his pass coverage is the biggest gap as out soft middle zone gets abused at times.  I saw more batted down balls by Milano in the last few games than I saw by Edmunds all season.

I also if the above stat accounts for all the times Edmunds shot the wrong gap and takes himself out of the play entirely.

• Like (+1) 3