YOLO Josh Allen

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Fling is an accurate description.  That was epic.

my favorite is the throw to John Brown (15 secs into the vid) vs the raiders where they ruled him out at the 1.  Talk about arm arrogance.  2 guys on him, body not aligned, no step up…..just let’s it rip.  All arm and threaded it perfectly.  Cover 1 did a great breakdown of the throw a week after it happened.  I blew a few loads

That was my favorite throw of the year as well.  I remember looking at the replay and thinking "that's impossible."

Another favorite is the TD to Kumerow vs. Denver.  An absolute rocket; that one had extra mustard, ketchup, relish, you name it.  I'm surprised Kumerow's hands still had skin after he caught it.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, eball said:

That was my favorite throw of the year as well.  I remember looking at the replay and thinking "that's impossible."

Another favorite is the TD to Kumerow vs. Denver.  An absolute rocket; that one had extra mustard, ketchup, relish, you name it.  I'm surprised Kumerow's hands still had skin after he caught it.

Yeah, seemed rare where he would load up and unleash fury on his throws.  That throw to Kumerow, there was fury involved.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Yeah, seemed rare where he would load up and unleash fury on his throws.  That throw to Kumerow, there was fury involved.  

Micah Hyde said something about "I think any of our OLmen coulda caught that pass" after the game.

I was like Micah? Micah dearest?:  YOU catch that pass.

That throw had some ZIP to its Trip.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

She’s a huge Seahawks fan and her tweets during the game were hilarious 

So was her shriek right after the Bills drafted Josh.  Why is she on TV again?

On 6/30/2021 at 11:40 AM, cage said:

I was watching that first video clip yesterday and the tight spots he's dropping dimes into.  Wow!  Now I finally understand why I'm not an NFL QB.  Also, I'm slow.... and below 6'.  Maybe there's more than one reason......

So you're just like Tua... Perfect. If only you'd gone to Alabama! lol

On 6/30/2021 at 9:32 AM, machine gun kelly said:

Don’t forget the Browns, Giants, Jets, and Indy as well.  Hindsight’s 20/20.  Would any of them rather have Mayfield, S. Barkley, Darnold, Chubb, or Q. Nelson?

I think not.  I never thought in my life I would ever see a QB with A. Rodgers caliber, but without the premadonna attitude.

I leave the Colts out because at the time they still had Andrew Luck albeit with health concerns but a porous Oline and a HOF type oline prospect sitting there. I think their decision was totally justifiable. The Browns and Jets picked the wrong guys, that happens, but the Giants and the Broncos (and I love Chubb he was my #1 player in that class) made institutionally wrong decisions. When you don't have a QB or you have one coming to the end who just played every game in a season that left you with the #2 overall pick you never pass on one in a strong class to take a running back or even an edge rusher. It is systematic incompetence to do so. 

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The Browns and Jets picked the wrong guys, that happens, but the Giants and the Broncos (and I love Chubb he was my #1 player in that class) made institutionally wrong decisions. When you don't have a QB or you have one coming to the end who just played every game in a season that left you with the #2 overall pick you never pass on one in a strong class to take a running back or even an edge rusher. It is systematic incompetence to do so. 

The irony about the Broncos draft in 2018 is that Allen was THE prototypical QB prospect that Elway always coveted, and yet he couldn't draft him. He couldn't draft him because he had already twice swung and missed on boom or bust prospects in Osweiler and Lynch. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

The irony about the Broncos draft in 2018 is that Allen was THE prototypical QB prospect that Elway always coveted, and yet he couldn't draft him. He couldn't draft him because he had already twice swung and missed on boom or bust prospects in Osweiler and Lynch. 

Elway could’ve drafted him.  He should’ve drafted him.  Regardless of if you’ve already spent draft picks on QBs, until you know that you have your franchise QB, you should keep drafting QBs.    Not drafting 17 earned Elway a demotion.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Elway could’ve drafted him.  He should’ve drafted him.  Regardless of if you’ve already spent draft picks on QBs, until you know that you have your franchise QB, you should keep drafting QBs.    Not drafting 17 earned Elway a demotion.  

I agree he should. Missing on a 3rd QB would also have got him a demotion which I suspect was what he was thinking. So if he had any doubts he was gonna shy away. But as I said above it was an institutionally wrong decision. I can forgive franchises getting decisions wrong. It happens. Nobody bats close to 100 in player personnel. But when you get the whole process wrong that is harder to forgive. It is what the Bills used to do, make decisions that were institutionally and strategically wrong decisions.  

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Yeah I understand that but given Josh Allen issues coming out of school and the chances he took with similar QB I can see why Elway felt couldn't take that chance but a Bean/McDermott didn't.

If I was Elway I would have still taken Allen because I feel it was obvious that Allen had a it factor where those other QB didnt.

Its a youtube channel I follow called the QB School hosted by JT O'Sullivan. After watching some of his videos I see why playing QB at a high level is the hardest position in all of sports.

Edited by Protocal69

2 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Yeah I understand that but given Josh Allen issues coming out of school and the chances he took with similar QB I can see why Elway felt couldn't take that chance but a Bean/McDermott didn't.

If I was Elway I would have still taken Allen because I feel it was obvious that Allen had a it factor where those other QB didnt.

Its a youtube channel I follow called the QB School hosted by JT O'Sullivan. After watching some of his videos I see why playing QB at a high level is the hardest position in all of sports.

I can see why he didn’t take allen, but it’s why he’s not the man in Denver anymore. He failed.  Again.

I follow Jt as well. Very informative videos.  

• Agree 1