YOLO Josh Allen

Are an intriguingly large number of highlights in the first embedded video from the Colts playoff game? Did Allen (and his receivers, I guess) just create enough offense out of nothing to win us a playoff game? I'm interrogating my own memory of the divisional round.

Alas, if only Mr. Facenda could make a Part Deaux. Josh Allen is a little bit Unitas, Tarkenton, Jurgenson, Staubach and Bobby Lane all rolled up in one. 

We have a Great One. Only his health stands as a deterrent to joining these players among the Best Ever Quarterbacks

• Awesome! (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We should send this to the Broncos forum and let them know you got a great player in Chubb but....

Don’t forget the Browns, Giants, Jets, and Indy as well.  Hindsight’s 20/20.  Would any of them rather have Mayfield, S. Barkley, Darnold, Chubb, or Q. Nelson?

I think not.  I never thought in my life I would ever see a QB with A. Rodgers caliber, but without the premadonna attitude.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Don’t forget the Browns, Giants, Jets, and Indy as well.  Hindsight’s 20/20.  Would any of them rather have Mayfield, S. Barkley, Darnold, Chubb, or Q. Nelson?

I think not.  I never thought in my life I would ever see a QB with A. Rodgers caliber, but without the premadonna attitude.

Check out the video I posted above your post. Mix & Match the Best Ever and you can make Josh.

14 hours ago, K-9 said:

Easy to see why Greg Cosell feels the way he does about JA.

“Allen may be the most physically gifted QB to ever play the game.”

Just think what happens as JA gets even more experience.  Those throws are absolutely stupid.  There isn’t another QB (yes, I’m looking at you, Mahomes, and you, Rodgers) who makes several of the throws on that first video.  Unreal.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

That throw against the Pats where he's going away from arm side and then gets enough on the ball to hit Diggs in the endzone was absurd....that shouldn't happen with a human.

19 hours ago, Kwai San said:

We all KNOW that JA17 ISN'T human.....he is not a mere mortal.

That's good, because humans weren't made to play this game ... or so I heard somewhere.

Edited by WhoTom
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I was watching that first video clip yesterday and the tight spots he's dropping dimes into.  Wow!  Now I finally understand why I'm not an NFL QB.  Also, I'm slow.... and below 6'.  Maybe there's more than one reason......

Edited by cage
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Nice to see his throw to Yeldon being in those highlights. It rarely gets brought up because we were in the middle of getting trounced but that was unreal. I'm not sure there's another QB in the league who would even attempt that much less complete it.

10 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Are an intriguingly large number of highlights in the first embedded video from the Colts playoff game? Did Allen (and his receivers, I guess) just create enough offense out of nothing to win us a playoff game? I'm interrogating my own memory of the divisional round.

Yes- the colts outplayed us overall but we have Josh. My cousin is a Colts fan and said that only josh could have done that.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

That play is obscene.

My favorite is from the game at Miami. Allen scrambles to his right and flings it 30 plus yards to Diggs as he's about to go out of bounds. The timing of that play is perfect and Diggs is able to get both feet inbounds. Spectacular!

Fling is an accurate description.  That was epic.

my favorite is the throw to John Brown (15 secs into the vid) vs the raiders where they ruled him out at the 1.  Talk about arm arrogance.  2 guys on him, body not aligned, no step up…..just let’s it rip.  All arm and threaded it perfectly.  Cover 1 did a great breakdown of the throw a week after it happened.  I blew a few loads

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I’m thinking of Josh’s presser the other day when he talked about working on that short ball accuracy and putting his receivers in a position to gain copious amounts of YAC.

An amazing display but so many passes get the receiver either hit or out of bounds. Not complaining, just objectively observing. Yes , a bunch are broken plays but hone it to the point that there aren’t as many scramble drill plays.

Give him an extra half second of time behind the line ( on average) and let him start working that short game into his repertoire…… 

SUPER BOWL BABY💪💪💪

• Like (+1) 1

The music brings me back to childhood. I love Chris Berman. 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

my favorite is the throw to John Brown (15 secs into the vid) vs the raiders where they ruled him out at the 1.  Talk about arm arrogance.  2 guys on him, body not aligned, no step up…..just let’s it rip.  All arm and threaded it perfectly.  Cover 1 did a great breakdown of the throw a week after it happened.  I blew a few loads

I hope you're talking about laundry

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

K, well, I didn’t need that last line, but yes, incredible throw. Even the refs couldn’t believe it and replay wouldn’t overturn it. When your play is so eye-popping incredible, your gonna see mortals misjudge what their eyes actually saw..🤷‍♂️😎

• Like (+1) 1