Rousseau sighting: Calais Campbell showing him some moves

3 hours ago, dneveu said:

For a lot of the younger guys its the nutrition aspect as well as the training.  You no longer have to worry about classes, school etc.  It's football.  Work is now - working out, film study, studying, nutrition, and recovery.  

And IF they are smart once they sign the contract they can afford to pay for professional help and equipment during off season.

And off season should not be party, spend all that money, season.

Hopefully they take lessons from Deshaun Watson on what NOT to expect from professional help.

And not get their feet frostbit like Antonio Brown.  

Don't be cheap or stupid.

A coworker of mine at previous job was who was a PS player who played some snaps on 53 for JEST and a lot of equipment at home.

There are places which have hypobaric chambers athletes can pay for or even buy one for home.

4 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Yes, the academic strain at Miami must be brutal

There is a misconception that Miami is a lower-level party school.  My youngest daughter graduated from high school this year and looked at Miami.  The acceptance rate is around 30%.

11 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Rousseau at the Canes’ Paradise Camp where the current Canes get to hang out and learn from Alumni. Campbell, ofc, has mentored Rousseau throughout the Draft process. Good to see the young one soaking it all in.

I always thought Rousseau was a big dude. But Campbell makes him look puny. He is teaching Rousseau a power move - but is Rousseau big and strong enough for that?

Anyways - something to look at during the slow news period. 

Campbell 2" taller and 40 lbs heavier according to Wiki, which would have him playing a bit heavier than his long-ago combine workout

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, QCity said:

In terms of defensive linemen he's not a big dude -- he played college ball at around 250-255. This myth seems to be perpetuated by that viral image of him standing next to McD which had a lot to do with forced perspective. The offensive linemen we drafted? Yeah, those are big dudes.

Our offensive line should certainly lead the league in rebounding! 

9 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Yes, the academic strain at Miami must be brutal

LOL...no

Football players have the option of an easy academic workload almost everywhere.......but the U generally has a top 50 US rank as far as academic reputation.   Very wealthy and relatively exclusive private school that sees itself more like Princeton-south than a football factory.   That has been, without question, the primary problem with advancing the football program.   They only want to be passively successful in sports.........it would be distasteful to try hard like some "state" school.

5 hours ago, Haslett_Stomp said:

There is a misconception that Miami is a lower-level party school.  My youngest daughter graduated from high school this year and looked at Miami.  The acceptance rate is around 30%.

Well, when you throw in the beach and  weather, no wonder!

On a serious note, best of luck to your daughter. I hope she finds the perfect fit for her career goals, and has a great experience.

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, DCofNC said:

To be 21 and that big already, wow.  Campbell has added a LOT of weight over the years.  Look at him, his rookie season and there’s where Rousseau sits now.

https://www.amazon.com/Campbell-autographed-Football-Arizona-Cardinals/dp/B0825CDHQV#immersive-view_1624974905991

That’s what I remember of Campbell a decade ago.  Groot is going to use his speed and grow into his body.  Without PED’d it takes time to put pure muscle on naturally even with natural supplements, proper nutrition and training hard.  Most natural guys working incredibly hard can put on may 7-10lbs. of muscle a year.  I’m not worried as he’ll employ different skills Throughout his career.

I didn’t expect him to do anything

more than packages for him.  He hasn’t played football in 18 mos. so it’s pretty aggressive to think he’ll start. Basham is more likely to get into the rotation this year.

14 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Campbell 2" taller and 40 lbs heavier according to Wiki, which would have him playing a bit heavier than his long-ago combine workout

There is a very important point underlying this post. If Rousseau follows the Campbell path to fitness, he too can be a 280-290 lb guy. Beane said two contradictory things while introducing Rousseau 

a. Rousseau is still growing into his body

b. He sees Rousseau at his ideal weight now (260 lb)

I interpret this as:

Nobody knows how much more growing Rousseau has in him. If he stays 6' 6", then 260 lbs is his ideal weight. If he grows more, he might put on more weight.