Bruce Smith- 90's Bills had gay player, we didn't care....

15 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So what's stopping ya?

Well i guess nothing really now that i've thought about it from all of your reply's i just have to start my Sunday football watching say after all the pre game shows are done instead of before and after the national anthem and turn the volume down during the game & it will be close to the same as it use to be 🤔 

Then due to my advancing age i can just prepare for when my hearing goes bad and be ahead of the curve by watching with no volume & i can take a lip reading course . Thanks ! 😂

I love being a Bills fan where we all can be a smart ass at one point or another i guess it's just in our DNA !! GO BILLS !! 

28 minutes ago, T master said:

Well i guess nothing really now that i've thought about it from all of your reply's i just have to start my Sunday football watching say after all the pre game shows are done instead of before and after the national anthem and turn the volume down during the game & it will be close to the same as it use to be 🤔 

Then due to my advancing age i can just prepare for when my hearing goes bad and be ahead of the curve by watching with no volume & i can take a lip reading course . Thanks ! 😂

I love being a Bills fan where we all can be a smart ass at one point or another i guess it's just in our DNA !! GO BILLS !! 

I typically watch commercial televised football games on mute because of the quality of the commentary.

22 hours ago, NoSaint said:

that should get us a pretty good list of like 40 or so guys. 

would you prefer to make a burner account to catfish Todd Collins or do you prefer the in person approach?

I’m just hoping not to get assigned big Ted Washington 

jokes aside, it’s probably a bit ridiculous to think Bruce changed much here unless the player makes a decision to open up. The same people who knew and weren’t talking about it the last 25 years probably aren’t about to spill the beans suddenly.

Go way with your common sense!!

13 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

I feel like there is a word to describe starting a post on this and then immediately missing "the good ole days" of just watching the game and not having to deal with "BS." Seems like we could have avoided the BS you dislike so much if we didn't have a thread about it? It almost seems like "behavior that contradicts what one claims to believe or feel" ...

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hypocrisy

Every one that reads my reply takes away a different view the only thing i meant by that reply was in no way meant in disrespect or hypocrisy as you seem to view it or anything else .

I just remember a time not so very long ago when you could turn the TV on come Sunday afternoon and it was about football and nothing else plain and simple !

You could sit down and here about player stats which is football you could here about which team is ahead and had the best unit which is about football and you could here commentators thoughts on who is or might be the leaders of their devision and had the best chance to win said devision .

All about football !! You had a day to leave Politics, gender/transgender, BLM, antifa, George Floyd, gay rights, kneeling for the national anthem, the POTUS view of that action, Colin Capernik, and now Carl nassib coming out behind for that day cleanse our national pallet of all the (as i called it in that reply)

BS .

But now instead of football it's all about the NFL taking a position or posturing them selves in a way to not offend or hurt any ones feelings basically the 

"every one gets a trophy" Mentality and it is in some ways very politically motivated to increase their brand all inclusive which hey that's what today is all about anything goes and it's all about the monetary bottom line !

It use to be Sunday was a day to just reboot clear you r mind of all the chaos of normal life which could be football, golf, baseball but now instead of it being about the game itself it includes every aspect of the exact things some try to get away from even if it's for a short period of time .

To be totally honest i really don't care what any athlete's sexual preference is if that is what makes them happy then by all means be happy i will respect that as long as any one that chooses a different sexual orientation respects mine pretty simple i believe.

But if you look at my prior reply or this one as me being a hypocrite brother by all means you have that right and god bless you for it !

If you would like in todays knew age thinking you can just cancel me out as they do today or we can just agree to disagree and if in some way i have misinterpreted your post then please excuse me ! And you can interpret this any way you see fit . 

• Agree 2

28 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Lol, I've never tried to cancel anyone. I just thought it was weird that you started a thread that was non-sports related and then complained that things aren't just about sports. I would suggest that if you'd prefer to keep things football related then you might want to start more directly football-related threads? 

I didn't start this one i just put a reply . 

On 7/1/2021 at 9:16 AM, T master said:

Every one that reads my reply takes away a different view the only thing i meant by that reply was in no way meant in disrespect or hypocrisy as you seem to view it or anything else .

I just remember a time not so very long ago when you could turn the TV on come Sunday afternoon and it was about football and nothing else plain and simple !

You could sit down and here about player stats which is football you could here about which team is ahead and had the best unit which is about football and you could here commentators thoughts on who is or might be the leaders of their devision and had the best chance to win said devision .

All about football !! You had a day to leave Politics, gender/transgender, BLM, antifa, George Floyd, gay rights, kneeling for the national anthem, the POTUS view of that action, Colin Capernik, and now Carl nassib coming out behind for that day cleanse our national pallet of all the (as i called it in that reply)

BS .

But now instead of football it's all about the NFL taking a position or posturing them selves in a way to not offend or hurt any ones feelings basically the 

"every one gets a trophy" Mentality and it is in some ways very politically motivated to increase their brand all inclusive which hey that's what today is all about anything goes and it's all about the monetary bottom line !

It use to be Sunday was a day to just reboot clear you r mind of all the chaos of normal life which could be football, golf, baseball but now instead of it being about the game itself it includes every aspect of the exact things some try to get away from even if it's for a short period of time .

To be totally honest i really don't care what any athlete's sexual preference is if that is what makes them happy then by all means be happy i will respect that as long as any one that chooses a different sexual orientation respects mine pretty simple i believe.

But if you look at my prior reply or this one as me being a hypocrite brother by all means you have that right and god bless you for it !

If you would like in todays knew age thinking you can just cancel me out as they do today or we can just agree to disagree and if in some way i have misinterpreted your post then please excuse me ! And you can interpret this any way you see fit . 

Agree I love all regardless of color, sexuality, gender, ethnicity, etc........  and don't see any one person as better than another.  Those qualities all listed before anyway  are only one part of a person's identity anyway.  

But it all reeks of over politicalization and profit to me...  all of it!!  

• Eyeroll 1

On 6/29/2021 at 2:03 AM, chongli said:
The original Bruce Smith video is here:

Not that it matters, but since people are speculating here, at 2:16 of the video above, Bruce says the player played on the Bills in the mid- to late-90's. He also there there might have been two such players on the team. Shouldn't be news, but it is, unfortunately, in this day and age still, so much so that TMZ had to "break" this story.

TMZ?,This is right down Harvey's alley.

• Haha (+1) 1

I’m a little surprised minus the juvenile jokes why anyone cares who Bruce mentioned.  When you were young, you most likely played some sport with a person who was gay and just wasn’t  ready to come out.  It’s not a big deal, and some people keep that piece of their life private just as

some guys who eventually become an alcoholic, and quit with help make a decision whether they want that part of their life pen or closed.  I have a person in my family who I’m one of the few are aware of his problem, and it’s not for me to share with others.  

My point is simply it’s their life, and no one has a right to know it. If this player wants to open up, fine.  If not who cares.

I thought it was great how Bruce shed some light on the matter while protecting that part of his teammates life.

Edited by machine gun kelly

On 7/1/2021 at 2:16 PM, T master said:

BS .

Yea when the only politics that was in football was the singing of the anthem and the glorification of the military! Or did those political elements not interfere with your enjoyment? It is just finding out that there are gay sportsmen that you have an issue with? 'Cos somehow that interferes with your sunday... maybe they will stop and do the YMCA every time Nassib registers a sack?

6 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Baseball is fun 😁

Well this is obviously a lie.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea when the only politics that was in football was the singing of the anthem and the glorification of the military! Or did those political elements not interfere with your enjoyment? It is just finding out that there are gay sportsmen that you have an issue with? 'Cos somehow that interferes with your sunday... maybe they will stop and do the YMCA every time Nassib registers a sack?

Well this is obviously a lie.

Once again a cherry picker ...

• Haha (+1) 1