Bruce Smith- 90's Bills had gay player, we didn't care....

17 minutes ago, Simon said:

You're the one that chose to open the thread.

And then take the time to comment.

Twice.

Geebus... :doh:

So i guess i'm not allowed to reply ? This is number 3 by the way .

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 3

18 minutes ago, T master said:

So i guess i'm not allowed to reply ? This is number 3 by the way .

Reply all you want.

Watching you complain about talking about it while you're.... wait for it...... talking about it, is sort of entertaining

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RochesterLifer said:

Congratulations on your jump from RFA to law enforcement official.

Law enforcement official…please do explain. 

1 hour ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Did you not even bother reading the very 1st post, the OP for that matter. I said, was going to put in that thread, but was locked, wow

Crazy how some just post and not even read a word of the OP, lol

My bad, you are correct and I apologize for the oversight. 

1 hour ago, Andy1 said:

Bruce is one of the most thoughtful players ever. I think alot of Marv rubbed off on him. 

In this case, yes, I agree.  But thoughtful is not a word I would use to describe someone with 3 DUI’s.  Great football player, meh human.  

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, T master said:

I long for the good old days when you could watch a sport and just watch the sport you were interested in for the game rather than all the other BS of every day life just to get a couple of hrs to leave all that aside .

Just watch the games then. Not trying to come off as a jerk either. You get some BS with just games, not much, but some. That said this is a message board during the offseason. Just about anything and everything will be discussed. I often find myself taking several month long breaks especially in the offseason. It's your choice. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I don't know if it's just to draw attention so to speak, I think it's made a big deal to maybe help others that are scared to be themselves maybe? I don't know honestly, just a guess.

Just for perspective. This is more for the group and the collective than it is to you directly. 

You or I might introduce our wives to our coworkers or post about getting married, and people go, oh that’s nice. Post, “I’m gay” or “this is my BF”. The internet/people get their collective pitch forks and go “keep it to yourself”, or, “they are just looking for attention”.

Is it lynching? No. Is it a harmless response? No. 

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

True, but just thought was interesting due to being the 90's. I mean I feel like it's accepted a lot more now compared to then. I would guess anyway.

Was 90’s really that long ago ? God I’m getting old 

• Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, klos63 said:

What's so bad about Bruce mentioning this?  Seems like a positive thing to most people.

Nothing bad at all, in fact it’s good for people to know that Grown men were okay with it then, and that we should be absolutely okay with it now. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, Mango said:

Just for perspective. This is more for the group and the collective than it is to you directly. 

You or I might introduce our wives to our coworkers or post about getting married, and people go, oh that’s nice. Post, “I’m gay” or “this is my BF”. The internet/people get their collective pitch forks and go “keep it to yourself”, or, “they are just looking for attention”.

Is it lynching? No. Is it a harmless response? No. 

Perfectly stated. 

• Like (+1) 4