Bruce Smith- 90's Bills had gay player, we didn't care....

Just now, Weatherman said:

Not sure why we need another thread about this.  The other thread IMO is the appropriate swimming lane for this discussion.  

Did you not even bother reading the very 1st post, the OP for that matter. I said, was going to put in that thread, but was locked, wow

Crazy how some just post and not even read a word of the OP, lol

• Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Weatherman said:

Not sure why we need another thread about this.  The other thread IMO is the appropriate swimming lane for this discussion.  

If nothing else, it’s made me think even a bit more favorably about Bruce. 

The side benefit is there are going to be some people out there who will start guessing who it was! Who cares? Go chase that tail!!!  :)

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think in the sports world, the vast majority doesn’t care.  They just want a good teammate.

True, but just thought was interesting due to being the 90's. I mean I feel like it's accepted a lot more now compared to then. I would guess anyway.

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

Congratulations on your jump from RFA to law enforcement official.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Makes me proud to be a Bills fan. There's no reason why what you do outside of work in your relationships / who you care about / who you love should make a difference at all in anything. I'm glad that fewer people feel the need to keep this hidden, as if it is some evil little secret that is something horrible. It isn't.

That said, I don't think all teams in the NFL at the time would have thought the same way. It says a lot about the guys on that team.

• Like (+1) 6

9 minutes ago, todd said:

Makes me proud to be a Bills fan. There's no reason why what you do outside of work in your relationships / who you care about / who you love should make a difference at all in anything. I'm glad that fewer people feel the need to keep this hidden, as if it is some evil little secret that is something horrible. It isn't.

That said, I don't think all teams in the NFL at the time would have thought the same way. It says a lot about the guys on that team.

Yeah I agree, especially in the 90's.

• Like (+1) 1

I long for the good old days when you could watch a sport and just watch the sport you were interested in for the game rather than all the other BS of every day life just to get a couple of hrs to leave all that aside .

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, dwight in philly said:

IMHO, Too many sacrosanct issues enveloping sports. I am old , but dont need it. There are enough forums to mingle the two, if one so chooses .I understand the need to post about it. God i wonder who it was!!!!

Lol, yeah I was wondering too. Was thinking back to the 90's roster and trying to think of which one seemed to have that "vibe". But I got nothing.....they didn't get the attention back then like now, so hard to guess.

1 minute ago, T master said:

I long for the good old days when you could watch a sport and just watch the sport you were interested in for the game rather than all the other BS of every day life just to get a couple of hrs to leave all that aside .

Yeah I get it, but the reality is that it's a thing, and it's a lot more players than you would think I'd imagine.

3 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Lol, yeah I was wondering too. Was thinking back to the 90's roster and trying to think of which one seemed to have that "vibe". But I got nothing.....they didn't get the attention back then like now, so hard to guess.

Yeah I get it, but the reality is that it's a thing, and it's a lot more players than you would think I'd imagine.

That's pretty much because they are trying to draw the attention today . It should be a none subject . 

And i don't doubt that for 1 second !! 

1 minute ago, T master said:

That's pretty much because they are trying to draw the attention today . It should be a none subject . 

And i don't doubt that for 1 second !! 

I don't know if it's just to draw attention so to speak, I think it's made a big deal to maybe help others that are scared to be themselves maybe? I don't know honestly, just a guess.

• Like (+1) 8

9 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

Bruce is one of the most thoughtful players ever. I think alot of Marv rubbed off on him. 

Bruce used to spend a bit of time after hours with Marv discussing some of the quotes and other things he brought up in practices and meetings.

He also used to be seen during season at restaurants with Marv and sometimes his wife.  

There is a restaurant he and Marv used to go to which my mom worked at.  She found one of Bruce's books on naval history with a note from Marv to Bruce in it (obviously a gift).  Same restaurant I had my reception in.

Today the NFLPA would object being hours spent with a coach outside of hours but it had nothing to do with football.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Just a hunch...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSshzDyQ5jXHpWQzRyRQVJ

Edited by Rico
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, T master said:

You're the one that chose to open the thread.

And then take the time to comment.

Twice.

Geebus... :doh:

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 7