Halloween Kills

Greg S

10 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Halloween 3

Forgot about that one. No Jamie Lee Curtis, Donald Pleasance or Michael Myers. You can't have Halloween without Michael. He is the horror. Jamie and/or Donald has to be in it as well. Halloween 3 was one stupid ****ing movie.

12 hours ago, Greg S said:

Forgot about that one. No Jamie Lee Curtis, Donald Pleasance or Michael Myers. You can't have Halloween without Michael. He is the horror. Jamie and/or Donald has to be in it as well. Halloween 3 was one stupid ****ing movie.

Actually Jamie Lee Curtis was in 3, she was the voice of the phone operator. 

In terms of Halloween Kills, it added nothing to the franchise and I was disappointed. Yet my wife has told me that Halloween Ends is due out next year.

On 10/20/2021 at 1:08 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I’m sure she still has a stellar rack though 👌

IMHO her sister in Halloween I has a better rack.

On 10/20/2021 at 11:16 AM, WhoTom said:

My son once said about a movie, "I went in with low expectations and was still disappointed." I forgot which movie that was.

That's actually a unique movie category that needs to be explored further.  Off the top of my head and mostly sequels....

-Matrix Revolutions

-Alexander

-Dumb and Dumber Too

-Terminator Salvation

-Hannibal Rising

It was absolutely terrible. And I say that as someone who enjoyed the first one from this go round quite a bit.

badly paced

messes with some of the mythology for no real reason (the officer who stopped...no spoilers here)

lame kills, some of which felt like action movie fight scenes

they overload on Jamie Lee and ignore the much better developed characters (from the first flick) of her daughter/granddaughter

Abandoned the pretty good strong, realistic female(s) theme from the first movie with Jamie Lee being a corny near invincible heroine who is med-packing herself
The lame mob violence message that means nothing to the franchise thematically
several characters blaming Michael's psychologist for everything, somehow

Anthony Michael Hall

terrible

Edited by Golden*Wheels
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

They are doing one more called "Halloween Ends" so given the title of the movie I am guessing Michael finally dies and this is the last one. But its Hollywood and that industry is full of weirdo's so never say never on another movie being made.

On 10/19/2021 at 5:36 PM, LeGOATski said:

It had some good slasher scenes, but very little humor and didn't advance the story at all....and wasn't scary....and the ending was super stupid.

But I don't want to complain too much....

The plot and ending may have killed the franchise in itself. When the audience is sitting there with a WTF is this face at points with decision made by characters your losing it. They basically made Michael Myers into a video game god mode type character which kills any relatability to the character.

Halloween is almost here mates. My family makes a big deal of the holiday carve pumpkins decorate give out candy etc.

This post fits here. This is one of the creepiest movie scenes ever it has always stuck with me the creepiness of it. My most scary movie is Sinister. 

Happy Halloween!

m

On 10/20/2021 at 11:26 AM, Greg S said:

Hope not. If this is the last one I hope they can come up with a good ending.

Why do people think the Halloween series is ever going to end?

It's like Batman........it will just keep getting re-done as long as there are new human beings getting made to watch it.

And do people not realize that Jamie Lee Curtis has been in 3(?) other Halloween movies that aren't part of the storyline of Halloween Kills?

It's not like someone is suddenly ruining the story..........if you don't like the ending........wait for the next "re-imagining".

Yeah, just make new horror movies please. No need for more regurgitated crap. The genre is so huge with limitless possibilities for the more imaginative creators out there.

I had high hopes for Antlers, but I've seen mixed reviews. Probably will still watch it.

They're trying to get a Spawn series going again. That has potential in the horror and super hero genres.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.