RIP in Peace, tailgate juggernaut….

4_kidd_4

31 minutes ago, Lagoon Blues said:

That cooler has a 2nd life as a proud ex-tailgating bait cooler/bucket in its future.  Dont let it go gentle into that good night!

My wife loses her @#$% when I keep shrimp in the bathtub over night. ha

I live on a busy semi-rural road, I’m guessing someone will snag it exactly for this purpose.

The good ones always leave us too soon 🙏 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Those things aren’t worth a damn for capacity or keeping things cold. That being said, I own two and use them all the time. They are the most convenient ice chests ever made. Sure, you can get a Yeti that will keep it cold longer, but how long do I need a 12 pack cold?  I’m drinking it, not preserving it. Also, it is perfect for toting it as you walk.  If mine die, they will be sadly missed. 

do they still make these?

• Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

I live on a busy semi-rural road, I’m guessing someone will snag it exactly for this purpose.

And there she goes…to a lady from Kosovo who also was also admiring my 1988 Yugo that is sitting out in my driveway.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

I’m just at a loss. The funk of over 25 years of tailgating finally caught up to this legend.

We tried everything…sanitizing wipes, bleach, ajax, herbal teas, holistic oils…but sometimes it’s just best to let them go peacefully out to the curb.

Rest easy friend. You were there through it all, keeping precious tailgate necessities cold. From the tail end of the ‘glory years’ through the entire drought, and the beginning of the Josh Allen era. 

We will miss you.

FAE24011-F0E0-469D-A155-D3D772BED60C.jpeg

Cut up a few lemons, squeeze them in. Hot water. Dish soap.  Salt (its just to be abrasive when you shake it).  That trick has saved even THE WORST protein shaker cup from the trash.  Im talking sealed in a hot car dor weeks.  Good luck if you try it!

17 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

And there she goes…to a lady from Kosovo who also was also admiring my 1988 Yugo that is sitting out in my driveway.

Pretty sure you could have put four wheels on the cooler and driven it more dependably than the Yugo.

9 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Do you still have the mom and dad cooler? 
or did they pass years ago?

Ma went to the great tailgate in the sky years ago.

Pa lost a wheel a few seasons back, but he’s still out there sunday mornings. Just takes him a little longer to get where he’s goin these days.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I remember back in the day we put our beers in a cooler so they wouldn't freeze and burst the last thing we were worried about was keeping our tailgate beverages cold. More like intact.

This reads to me as the standard back seat pop water beer not much else type cooler. **pours out a 40 for red igloo cooler**

This is bittersweet to me as I'm reminded of a long gone cooler that served me well for many years. Mine was also red. I took great pleasure in packing it full of beer and ice and enjoying a cold frosty with good friends hours later. The stories that cooler could tell would do none of us any good.

Good times.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.