Any concerns no Bills in top Under 25 players?

From this article, regarding Mekhi Becton, who was eighth on the list:

"He dazzled with his massive frame and strength early in his first season with the Jets, but was hampered by injuries. He wasn't the dominant tackle you might expect to see take a spot on a list such as this, ranking 31st in overall grade, per Pro Football Focus, but he has plenty of remaining potential."

So, "remaining potential" is what it takes to make this list? Yet, Tremaine Edmunds wasn't on this list? Nor was Gabriel Davis?

Or Taron Johnson???

Sorry, but this list is a joke. 

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

From this article, regarding Mekhi Becton, who was eighth on the list:

"He dazzled with his massive frame and strength early in his first season with the Jets, but was hampered by injuries. He wasn't the dominant tackle you might expect to see take a spot on a list such as this, ranking 31st in overall grade, per Pro Football Focus, but he has plenty of remaining potential."

So, "remaining potential" is what it takes to make this list? Yet, Tremaine Edmunds wasn't on this list? Nor was Gabriel Davis?

Or Taron Johnson???

Sorry, but this list is a joke. 

Davis is a nice player but the WRs on the list are stars already. 
I think most have moved on from waiting for Edmunds’ potential and are now in show it on the field mode.

Looking at the past 3 draft classes and I have some concerns esp about 2019 but also I am much more positive than negative. 

2018 - Home run, of course we all know Josh is a huge hit but Edumonds and T.Johnson are contributors to the defense and I think H.Phillips can turn in a good season before his rookie deal is up.

2019 - Ed Oliver has been a contributor but not quite as dominant as you want a top 10 pick to be but he has time to figure it out. The rest of the draft class is in pivotal years. Ford has started here or there but needs to play well in 2021 to establish himself. Knox and Singletary have played but neither have really established themselves either. All 3 of those players could bust completely or be highly productive.

2020 - AJ was basically red shirted his rookie year but Davis and Bass both had productive years and could be big time hits. Moss showed flashes as did Dane Jackson. Lots to shake out here but fairly good early returns on everyone but AJ.

If Oliver establishes himself as a Pro Bowl player and 2 out of the 3 between Ford, Knox and Singletary prove to be starting caliber players that draft will be a big success.

• Agree 1

ope not a concern i love the underdog mentality the Bills always seem to play better when they are more under the radar or play with that certain chip on their shoulder as to prove they ar who we think they are ! 

11 hours ago, 716er said:

Bass > Blankenship

A million times. I was not totally convinced on Bass early but I'd rather roll the dice with a guy with his leg than with Blankenship who in the biggest moments I don't trust from anything over 50. 

• Like (+1) 1

I understand the point on stars under 25, but we are at an avg. age of 26.6, and the avg. NFL team is 26.4.  

After this year we will be younger as 2022 probably won’t be with Addison, Star, and possibly, but not likely Hughes.  We may move on from Morse as well.  All are useful, but you can see Beanes future plans were tocreat

gjhs in waiting for the current older players.

18 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

The list gave me about as much concern as there only being 2 Bills players in PFF's top 50 players.

That said I slept pretty well last night with the realization that these lists might just be compiled by people looking for clicks or pandering to teams in larger markets.

Please continue to sleep comfortably - the lack of hysteria is good to see

• Haha (+1) 1

Our most important player, Josh Allen, has been 25 for just over a month. If this list was written a couple of month ago, or was top players 25 or under, he would have been at or near the top of the list.  I have zero concern.

Edited by buffaloboyinATL

22 hours ago, billybrew1 said:

Trouble is, we need these higher draft picks to realize their draft position. Tremaine, Ed, And AJ on defense and Ford (or Lamp or both) on offense.

Man, if those three had a great year on defense this year we could challenge KC for the AFC crown.

If we turn LG into a strength, our run game would cruise along. (We also need our TEs to win blocks more).

And the truth is that Tremaine and Ed are good players (we don't know about AJ yet) but aren't very special so far. Yes, we need them to be special to challenge KC. We can't expect our rookies to be all that.... Hopefully, they are helping by November.

Just want to frame this a bit differently.  I think we are already challenging KC for the AFC crown. 

I can understand your arguments on the other players (would disagree on Tremaine as he has made a Pro Bowl without winning fan vote and we have had good years against TE before this year). 

Again we are challenging KC as it is and if the listed players become special we are routinely beating them (not just challenging them).

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Just imagine during Beane's performance evaluation, Pegula walks in with this article and plops it on his desk.  Beane would be sweating....

I bet Terry's perf reviews are ruthless.

Kim silently glaring from the back of the room. Arms crossed. 

Edited by LeGOATski