Any concerns no Bills in top Under 25 players?

This board loves Beane's drafts but not a single player in the top under 25 group according to NFL.com.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-all-under-25-team-lamar-jackson-leads-nfl-s-rising-stars

Obviously Oliver and Edmunds are the biggest omissions. Neither RB has distinguished themselves either. I'm still not over the fact Beane chose Epenesa over Dobbins.

I still believe in Knox and Ford. More than most on this board.

I'm coming around on Oliver. Hated the draft pick at the time but he has been a decent starter.  Certainly not playing at a top 10 pick level but he has been good. I stated a bunch of times DT takes a long time to develop. My guess is Oliver plays really well with the new group of DL folks and gets 8 sacks.

As for Edmunds, I think he's the weakest link on the defense but still has as much potential as anyone to be a star. He could be benched after 8 games or make a legit All-Pro.  He plays like a guy that should be benched but still has the tools to be a super star. I really hope it was injury that held him back. I don't see anything on film that makes me believe he will be a star, but he has size, range, and youth.

Gabe Davis played really well but he is simply not going to get enough attempts thrown his way to put up huge numbers. Maybe next year but not this year assuming Diggs and Sanders stay healthy. 

Any other under 25 guys you think might break out?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

I think we have a lot of young players that have the potential to break out this season (excluding rookies):

Gabriel Davis 

AJ Epenesa 

Tremaine Edmunds (still only 23)

Devin Singletary 

Zach Moss 

Ed Oliver 

Dawson Knox 

Cody Ford 

Dane Jackson 

I hate declaring draft winners/losers the day after because some players take years to develop. If half of these guys progress significantly this season, we will have a great young core to build around for years to come.

Edited by Allen2Diggs
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The list gave me about as much concern as there only being 2 Bills players in PFF's top 50 players.

That said I slept pretty well last night with the realization that these lists might just be compiled by people looking for clicks or pandering to teams in larger markets.

Edited by ProcessAccepted
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Not concerned in the slightest, in fact all the better imo, fashion/popularity contests that mean nothing are fodder for nonsense gossip, no one should care even one iota. 

Go Bills!!!

1 hour ago, Allen2Diggs said:

I think we have a lot of young players that have the potential to break out this season (excluding rookies):

Gabriel Davis 

AJ Epenesa 

Devin Singletary 

Zach Moss 

Ed Oliver 

Dawson Knox 

Cody Ford 

Dane Jackson 

I hate declaring draft winners/losers the day after because some players take years to develop. If half of these guys progress significantly this season, we will have a great young core to build around for years to come.

1 hour ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Gabriel Davis 

AJ Epenesa 

Devin Singletary 

Zach Moss 

Ed Oliver 

Dawson Knox 

Cody Ford 

Dane Jackson 

Trouble is, we need these higher draft picks to realize their draft position. Tremaine, Ed, And AJ on defense and Ford (or Lamp or both) on offense.

Man, if those three had a great year on defense this year we could challenge KC for the AFC crown.

If we turn LG into a strength, our run game would cruise along. (We also need our TEs to win blocks more).

And the truth is that Tremaine and Ed are good players (we don't know about AJ yet) but aren't very special so far. Yes, we need them to be special to challenge KC. We can't expect our rookies to be all that.... Hopefully, they are helping by November.

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

This board loves Beane's drafts but not a single player in the top under 25 group according to NFL.com.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-all-under-25-team-lamar-jackson-leads-nfl-s-rising-stars

Obviously Oliver and Edmunds are the biggest omissions. Neither RB has distinguished themselves either. I'm still not over the fact Beane chose Epenesa over Dobbins.

I'm coming around on Oliver. Hated the draft pick at the time but he has been a decent starter.  Certainly not playing at a top 10 pick level but he has been good. I stated a bunch of times DT takes a long time to develop. My guess is Oliver plays really well with the new group of DL folks and gets 8 sacks.

As for Edmunds, I think he's the weakest link on the defense but still has as much potential as anyone to be a star. He could be benched after 8 games or make a legit All-Pro.  He plays like a guy that should be benched but still has the tools to be a super star. I really hope it was injury that held him back. I don't see anything on film that makes me believe he will be a star, but he has size, range, and youth.

Gabe Davis played really well but he is simply not going to get enough attempts thrown his way to put up huge numbers. Maybe next year but not this year assuming Diggs and Sanders stay healthy. 

Crying over dime-a-Dobbins?  Really?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Gabriel Davis 

AJ Epenesa 

Devin Singletary 

Zach Moss 

Ed Oliver 

Dawson Knox 

Cody Ford 

Dane Jackson 

I agree.  Obviously, they are not all going to break out in the upcoming season, but more than one might.  Gabe Davis is still going to have to pick up touches when he can.  He may not get many more chances than last season unless Beasley makes good on his threat to retire over COVID restrictions.  Same thing with Epenesa.  I think he's going to be significantly better, but it looks like McDermott is going to use a heavy rotation.  Tremaine Edmunds may have the biggest opportunity to break out.  The line has a chance to be much better in front of him, and that could open up all sorts of opportunities to make plays.  Singletary and Moss could both be better with a little improvement on the offensive line (a healthy Cody Ford and better depth) but it's still going to be primarily a passing offense, and Matt Brieda is going to take some reps.  Ed Oliver is another player who has a solid chance not only to be better, but to make a splash.  I don't know what the percentages are, but I think a significant percentage of his play in 2021 was at 1 tech, and 1 tech does not lend itself to stats or splash plays.  Ideal, he'll play almost all the time at 3 tech, and maybe even a few times outside as McDermott tries to change things up.  The pressure is Knox and Ford to live up to their potential.  For Dane Jackson, it is a matter of beating out Levi Wallace and Rashad Wildgoose for the starting spot across from Tre White.

5 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Ford is a bust and will be cut after this season,  biggest Beanne draft mistake over Metcalf

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3