Chef Jim is sad...

Just Jack

9 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

The spandex mafia is always quick to assert the equal rights on roads funded by and built for cars.  When it comes to the pedestrian having the right of way, all that sails out the window.  The articles said the guy holding the sign wasn’t looking but what about the bike douche?  

This is not a very smart post, probably should have clicked the link before posting this.

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

This is not a very smart post, probably should have clicked the link before posting this.

I saw it.  The pedestrian was an idiot.  The pedestrian was also……a pedestrian.  These lunatic cyclists are NEVER at fault.  Driving along winding roads with blind corners and getting hit by a car……car’s fault……same situation hitting a pedestrian…..pedestrian’s fault.

Many of these cyclists have deep psychological issues as demonstrated by Lance Armstrong all the way down to the 225 pound weirdo from anywhere USA wearing some tight shirt as if he is sponsored.  

What would have happened if some woodchuck wandered into the road and 257 morons collided because of it?  Let me guess…..woodchuck’s fault.

• Dislike 2

29 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I saw it.  The pedestrian was an idiot.  The pedestrian was also……a pedestrian.  These lunatic cyclists are NEVER at fault.  Driving along winding roads with blind corners and getting hit by a car……car’s fault……same situation hitting a pedestrian…..pedestrian’s fault.

Many of these cyclists have deep psychological issues as demonstrated by Lance Armstrong all the way down to the 225 pound weirdo from anywhere USA wearing some tight shirt as if he is sponsored.  

What would have happened if some woodchuck wandered into the road and 257 morons collided because of it?  Let me guess…..woodchuck’s fault.

They weren't a pedestrian... They were a spectator at a sporting event where the track was closed for the competition.

You are talking about two totally different scenarios. Keep digging your hole.

Edited by TBBills

6 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I saw it.  The pedestrian was an idiot.  The pedestrian was also……a pedestrian.  These lunatic cyclists are NEVER at fault.  Driving along winding roads with blind corners and getting hit by a car……car’s fault……same situation hitting a pedestrian…..pedestrian’s fault…

The Tour de France is going to sue the spectator that caused this to discourage other spectators from the same. Very selfish behavior by that spectator…all about getting exposure on tv without considering ramifications.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/sport/cycling/tour-de-france-crash-fan-sign-sue-b1873499.html%3famp

Dogs & other pets/animals have been hit in the race. But animals do not have complex reasoning to make informed decisions but you knew that.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

The Tour de France is going to sue the spectator that caused this to discourage other spectators from the same. Very selfish behavior by that spectator…all about getting exposure on tv without considering ramifications.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/sport/cycling/tour-de-france-crash-fan-sign-sue-b1873499.html%3famp

Dogs & other pets/animals have been hit in the race. But animals do not have complex reasoning to make informed decisions but you knew that.

Most sporting events have barriers to keep the crowds out of the playing field.  Once again, the cyclists are above reproach because their delicate psyches can’t handle it.  The  event organizers did not take proper precautions.  A major part of any race is to watch where you are going but when it comes to cyclists, in a race or just out on the road being a douche, the ONLY rule is that nothing is ever their fault.

37 minutes ago, TBBills said:

They weren't a pedestrian... They were a spectator at a sporting event where the track was closed for the competition.

What would have happened if a woodchuck were in the road?

• Dislike 1

22 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Most sporting events have barriers to keep the crowds out of the playing field.  

Fairly simple to keep spectators away at a stadium or arena. What other sporting event is 2,000+ miles long?

37 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

Fairly simple to keep spectators away at a stadium or arena. What other sporting event is 2,000+ miles long?

Then maybe the cyclists should be aware of the condition and act with caution.  Would that be too much to ask of these prima donnas?

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, ICanSleepWhenI'mDead said:

I need to know what the sign said before passing judgment on what happened.  I mean, if the guy was trying to let us know that the world was about to end, or that aliens had landed, that might be more important than having an orderly bicycle race.

Anybody know what the sign said?

"Go on Grandpa-Grandma!"

2 hours ago, ICanSleepWhenI'mDead said:

I need to know what the sign said before passing judgment on what happened.  I mean, if the guy was trying to let us know that the world was about to end, or that aliens had landed, that might be more important than having an orderly bicycle race.

Well, the one side that I can see looks to be Italian or French .  It’s been a while since I studied foreign language in high school, but loosely translated it seems to read  “Le Poopie, she happens!”.  

The backside is hidden, but “Olè” is trending on Twitter. 

• Haha (+1) 2

On 6/27/2021 at 5:47 AM, TBBills said:

I think she should get a reward!! 

On 6/27/2021 at 7:03 AM, ICanSleepWhenI'mDead said:

Yes:

Chef Jim: For You. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/26/2021 at 9:40 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

Like a deer in the road, they say don't swerve.

About 15 yrs. ago was driving, wife with me, in the evening on a lit up suburban 35 m.p.h. street when 5 or 6 deer ran in front of our Camry.

I just went through them. One went off the windshield, one went under the car, one bounced down the side of the car.

Pulled over, it was scary, called police.

Bottom line, windshield didn't break, car was repaired fine and none of the hit deer were found in the area.

I had a weird bowling vibe upon reflection, like, could I have hit them all for a strike?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

About 15 yrs. ago was driving, wife with me, in the evening on a lit up suburban 35 m.p.h. street when 5 or 6 deer ran in front of our Camry.

I just went through them. One went off the windshield, one went under the car, one bounced down the side of the car.

Pulled over, it was scary, called police.

Bottom line, windshield didn't break, car was repaired fine and none of the hit deer were found in the area.

I had a weird bowling vibe upon reflection, like, could I have hit them all for a strike?

Did you whip out the knife and start harvesting, field clean them?  You could've,  I believe it's your right.  

Special Shout-out to: @BringBackFergy I bet you never "Forest Bathed" in a Camry.  I hope "Another Bites the Dust" was blaring on the stereo!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.