Hoping that NFL players opting out of Vaccine pay attention to what just happened to NC State Baseball Team

Xwnyer

58 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I support all players wanting to get the vaccine and NOT wanting to get the vaccine...And I am willing to accept whatever outcome that might bring about for our season...Go Bills! 👍

Shame on you for having a level headed mind.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, st pete gogolak said:

Get back to me when the flu kills over 600,000 Americans in less than two years.

Well, to be fair, covid did not specifically kill that many people...if you noticed on the data charts, all other causes of death went significantly down over the passed year- not because they were suddenly cured, but because any one who died with covid was listed as dying from covid- a “slight of hand” that the establishment used to, likely, make it seem worse than it was...Also, we know that hospitals were monetarily incentivized to list covid as cause of death...the more covid casualties, the more money received from the government...Fear is a hell of a drug...👍

My grandmother died with covid, not because of covid..she had no symptoms but was put on end of life care in a nursing home...she was 98 years old, with several co morbidities...she needed her drugs to survive but they discontinued treatment, which sped up her death...

Listed as cause of death? Covid...

--------------------------------------------

A factually correct rebuttal to this post has been placed here:

and here:

Further discussion or response to this post on either side is likely to constitute general covid-19 discussion beyond the scope of football relevance.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

59 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I support all players wanting to get the vaccine and NOT wanting to get the vaccine...And I am willing to accept whatever outcome that might bring about for our season...Go Bills! 👍

Whether you are willing to accept it or not........the bottom line is that it's all entertainment either way.

Just the threat of it happening adds drama to the season.   Drama is a very popular aspect of Bills fandom........see the people who were enthralled by so many closely contested wins in 2017(even though it was because of a terrible offense).    

The self pity that it would derive has a market amongst the fanbase as well.

And watching the contaminator(s) whine about forever being persecuted by Bills fans like a Bill Buckner and Scott Norwood rolled into one would also have long lasting great entertainment value.   A focal point like that would be a great outlet for Bills fans and there would be a lot less sympathy than for players who just made a mistake in the moment.   Could get VERY ugly but it wouldn't be boring.

4 hours ago, El Guapo said:

I wonder how many that tested positive were vaccinated. We’ve seen it happen at our office already. She wasn’t having any symptoms, but they tested her before a medical procedure and she was positive. 

False positives are a thing I can attest.  Also wondering if the vaccine can cause a false positive soon after you’ve been vaccinated.  So many questions not many verified answers.  

-----------------------------------------------------

A factual response to this question with verified links has been placed here:

Further responses are likely to result in generalized covid-19 discussion beyond the scope of football relevance.

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

The only lesson to be learned from this is that sports should stop the theater of testing and just let people play relative to how they feel.  

Jordan flu game is iconic, but now we have asymptomatic people forfeiting games.  

How iconic was Bruce Smith’s flu game against the Steelers in the 1996 playoffs?

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/rodgers-has-flu-it-once-felled-bruce-smith-in-playoffs/article_e79dfc6b-48d8-5e49-9acb-728ce300a618.html

I’ll give you a hint: he let his teammates down and we lost. And, yes, Bruce Smith has singlehandedly decided playoff games in his career. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

NC State was having a cinderella season and was well positioned in the CWS.   They were to face Vanderbilt yesterday and because of COVID positive tests 13 players were not available and they lost 3-1 and were to face Vandy again today ( They had beat them earlier in the CWS).   The NCAA has decided that they will forfeit game due to 13 positive test cases so now their magical season is over.   I would hate to see a player or multiple players on any team reluctance to get vaccine and follow safety protocols cost their team a championship.   

You got the details of this story totally wrong, but that's not surprising.

3 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Yep

Enough from the preachers.    

For the first time in my life I'm going to say you're 100% correct.  The fundamentalist preachers who believe that their god will protect them and their flocks have done great harm to this country.  They need to keep their mouths shut and listen to science.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 8
  • Dislike 1

Personal decisions can and do effect other people in negative ways…  

Go Bills!!!

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

This is going to be the Sword of Damocles hanging over the Bills this season.

Yes it will, the entire teams season is hanging on the thread of personal decisions…, 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, TBBills said:

***** happens, plan accordingly.

So how do you "plan accordingly" for having a number of your star players choose not to be vaccinated, and also choose to either openly declare they will not follow the NFL's infection control protocols for nonvaccinated players, or just be loosey-Goosey about it?

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah, I knew -without receiving a report about this thread -that it wouldn’t fly. I’m looking at you, OP!😡

Then, reports started coming in. Even 2day old noobs who read the decorum link knew this wouldn’t end well. After 16 months of slamming shut threads gone awry, one would THINK we’ve come to understand what’s admissible and what isn’t. 

I guess I come from a different generational understanding..

🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Yeah, I knew -without receiving a report about this thread -that it wouldn’t fly. I’m looking at you, OP!😡

Then, reports started coming in. Even 2day old noobs who read the decorum link knew this wouldn’t end well. After 16 months of slamming shut threads gone awry, one would THINK we’ve come to understand what’s admissible and what isn’t. 

I guess i SS I come from a different generational understanding..

🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

When you're Right, you're Right, Chand!  And yet....the impact of the decision to vaccinate or not, given the NFL/NFLPA's decision to continue with covid-19 testing, isolation, and quarantine ..... is likely to have a significant impact on NFL football this Fall, including our beloved Bills.

So one would really like to think we could discuss it in that context without going off into the weeds of conspiracy theories, religion, general questions about vaccines and testing, etc etc etc.

The answer is clearly a resounding "Can't" though!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

When you're Right, you're Right, Chand!  And yet....

The answer is clearly a resounding "Can't" though!

Sadly.. Lemme go rogue ‘n call out a specific poster. When @Teddy KGB post on humanly acceptable threads, a Red Flag pops up that this won’t end well. Nothing personal, just historical fact. Guess what? My ‘guess’ was spot on.🤷‍♂️

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 3