Hoping that NFL players opting out of Vaccine pay attention to what just happened to NC State Baseball Team

Xwnyer

NC State was having a cinderella season and was well positioned in the CWS.   They were to face Vanderbilt yesterday and because of COVID positive tests 13 players were not available and they lost 3-1 and were to face Vandy again today ( They had beat them earlier in the CWS).   The NCAA has decided that they will forfeit game due to 13 positive test cases so now their magical season is over.   I would hate to see a player or multiple players on any team reluctance to get vaccine and follow safety protocols cost their team a championship.   

• Like (+1) 9
  • Vomit 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 11

I forsee a thread lock soon

My mommy always told me if your going to tap it you better wrap it.

So without getting into trouble my thinks some boys did not follow mommy's instructions and were proper protection.

Edited by scuba guy
Typo
  • Haha (+1) 1

I wonder how many that tested positive were vaccinated. We’ve seen it happen at our office already. She wasn’t having any symptoms, but they tested her before a medical procedure and she was positive. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

A referenced response to this with verified links has been placed here:

Further responses are likely to result in generalized covid-19 discussion beyond the scope of football relevance.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The only lesson to be learned from this is that sports should stop the theater of testing and just let people play relative to how they feel.  

Jordan flu game is iconic, but now we have asymptomatic people forfeiting games.  

• Like (+1) 8
  • Vomit 3
  • Disagree 7
  • Agree 6
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

If players won't listen to science now, after all that has happened over the last 16 months...., they never will.

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The only lesson to be learned from this is that sports should stop the theater of testing and just let people play relative to how they feel.  

Jordan flu game is iconic, but now we have asymptomatic people forfeiting games.  

ahh, so the covid is like the flu... where have I heard that before?

• Like (+1) 10
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I support all players wanting to get the vaccine and NOT wanting to get the vaccine...And I am willing to accept whatever outcome that might bring about for our season...Go Bills! 👍

Yep

Enough from the preachers.    

• Like (+1) 7
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

It will not work that way in NFL.  The Titans had many players who tested positive and their faculties were not safe to use so NFL delayed and rescheduled and delayed and rescheduled until team could play.    They should have scheduled game in another facility and told Titans to take whomever was available to play.  

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

It will not work that way in NFL.  The Titans had many players who tested positive and their faculties were not safe to use so NFL delayed and rescheduled and delayed and rescheduled until team could play.    They should have scheduled game in another facility and told Titans to take whomever was available to play.  

How do you think it is going to work this year.  Sounds like normal PS and they have said they do not plan to adjust games.  

Last year was different as there was nothing, but precautions and once it got into a small group it took too long to make sure the spread had stopped.

This year they have something to help prevent spread and illness - team that get infected will sit players for 2-4 weeks and have to play without.  I doubt they will set up forfeits unless the NFL/NFLPA can agree to something, but they have already decided - vaccinated players that miss a game get paid and unvaccinated players do not necessarily get paid and if found to have broken rules - can actually be fined.

Edited by Rochesterfan

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

I support all players wanting to get the vaccine and NOT wanting to get the vaccine...And I am willing to accept whatever outcome that might bring about for our season...Go Bills! 👍

You know, it's really not that simple.  If an insufficient number of individuals fail to get a vaccine, it has the potential to let COVID hang around until it mutates into a strain that is resistant to the vaccine.  We're already starting to see something like this with the variants.  Bottom-line, if you live in a society you follow the rules laid down by the society for the benefit of everyone in the society.  I'd be ok with mandatory vaccinations with medical exceptions.  

• Like (+1) 10
  • Vomit 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4
  • Dislike 4

1 minute ago, Rochesterfan said:

How do you think it is going to work this year.  Sounds like normal PS and they have said they do not plan to adjust games.  

Last year was different as there was nothing, but precautions and once it got into a small group it took too long to make sure the spread had stopped.

This year they have something to help prevent spread and illness - team that get infected will sit players for 2-4 weeks and have to play without.  I doubt they will set up forfeits unless the NFL/NFLPA can agree to something, but they have already decided - vaccinated players that miss a game get paid and unvaccinated players do not necessarily get paid and if found to have broken rules - can actually be fined.

They set rules and did not abide by them with lots of unwarranted praise so I cannot see them changing.   Opposite of Teddy Roosevelt - Speak loudly and carry a limp stick.

55 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

NC State was having a cinderella season and was well positioned in the CWS.   They were to face Vanderbilt yesterday and because of COVID positive tests 13 players were not available and they lost 3-1 and were to face Vandy again today ( They had beat them earlier in the CWS).   The NCAA has decided that they will forfeit game due to 13 positive test cases so now their magical season is over.   I would hate to see a player or multiple players on any team reluctance to get vaccine and follow safety protocols cost their team a championship.   

I can't agree more my friend.

2 minutes ago, st pete gogolak said:

You know, it's really not that simple.  If an insufficient number of individuals fail to get a vaccine, it has the potential to let COVID hang around until it mutates into a strain that is resistant to the vaccine.  We're already starting to see something like this with the variants.  Bottom-line, if you live in a society you follow the rules laid down by the society for the benefit of everyone in the society.  I'd be ok with mandatory vaccinations with medical exceptions.  

Well said my friend!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Vomit 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1