Which Bill are you rooting for this year?

2 hours ago, StHustle said:

I'm rooting for and believing in Devin the most this year. He has put in a ton of work and it seems people forget he led the league in YPC his rookie year (or maybe it was 2nd place) and act like the guy is useless after a sophomore slump season in which he was actually still better than most seem to comprehend. Besides all that...wow...what this team will be if he gets it clicking, plus hopefully an even improved Moss plus a vet in Brieda who can still move and has a chip on his shoulder. So yeah...if I have to pick one...he is it!

Yesterday morning I called into NFLR and spoke with Vic Carucci, and he made some interesting comments on Singletary.  He was referencing a conversation he had with the guy that trained Devin from January-May.  The trainer stated to Vic when Devin came into his facility in January so right at the end of the season Devin looked out if shape.  He went onto talking about the intense training program and drills he put Motor through and why he looked so chiseled in that pic.  The trainer also stated in drills, Devin when cutting to get through the hole was cutting laterally too much East/West.  They worked on every cut to move north so he gets every inch forward each time.  

To me, that clearly states he wasn’t putting in the training time to be the best last year, so not my Bill to root for success.  As others mentioned, I want everyone ina Bills Jersey to do well, but here are my two.

Offense - Breida.  I’d love to see him used the right way and when we do run for him to use that explosive speed for fun running plays.

Defense - Jackson, although Obada would be great as well.  I’m concerned Obada could get cut, but if he makes it, I’d love to see him capitalize on that natural athletic ability.  Jackson, I think is going to be the surprise Cinderella 7th round pick that ascends to our #2 CB.  I loved what little I saw at the end of last year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Hard to just pick one.

Singletary- I think he's better than a lot here give him credit for, and could be electric given more competent blocking.  Overshadowed by impatient fans lusting for Moss who somehow seems to get more of a pass on the blocking on account of his aggressive running style.

Wallace- Just hard not to root for a likeable guy like him who called me to chat last year when he saw i was having issues with depression.

Knox- Could be the next Gronk if he could put it all together with another full off/preseason.

And basically the whole D-line.  Need to turn those high pressure rates into sacks, and I'm excited to see how our new additions and some new schemes contribute to that.

• Like (+1) 1

First would be the entire Bill's team of course. Second would be the rookie class. Who wouldn't root for players we drafted. If I had to pick one player for this year, I would choose Hollister. If he won the TE1 position and put Knox as TE2, we would have quite a great tandem. Or he pushes Knox and Knox truly becomes what we hoped he would be and we have an awesome TE tandem.  Win, Win in my opinion. 

• Like (+1) 1

Like everyone else I also root for every Bill and even a few past ones (Fitz!)...We know Wallace can provide adequate coverage but I'd love to see Dane upgrade the #2 corner and allow them to play more coverage concepts now that they wouldn't have to cover for Levi's lack of athleticism. It would be great to be able to get more aggressive the next time we see the Chiefs and not have to sit back in zone all day.

• Like (+1) 1

On the OP’s list, I am rooting most for Harrison Phillips and Devin Singletary.  I think Both are workers and I wish Phillips a fully healthy season and for Singletary to enjoy success after what appears to have been a very strong offseason for him.  

Also rooting for Tremaine Edmunds whom I still think can be an outstanding player - guy is still very young.

7 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Yesterday morning I called into NFLR and spoke with Vic Carucci, and he made some interesting comments on Singletary.  He was referencing a conversation he had with the guy that trained Devin from January-May.  The trainer stated to Vic when Devin came into his facility in January so right at the end of the season Devin looked out if shape.  He went onto talking about the intense training program and drills he put Motor through and why he looked so chiseled in that pic.  The trainer also stated in drills, Devin when cutting to get through the hole was cutting laterally too much East/West.  They worked on every cut to move north so he gets every inch forward each time.  

To me, that clearly states he wasn’t putting in the training time to be the best last year, so not my Bill to root for success.  As others mentioned, I want everyone ina Bills Jersey to do well, but here are my two.

Offense - Breida.  I’d love to see him used the right way and when we do run for him to use that explosive speed for fun running plays.

Defense - Jackson, although Obada would be great as well.  I’m concerned Obada could get cut, but if he makes it, I’d love to see him capitalize on that natural athletic ability.  Jackson, I think is going to be the surprise Cinderella 7th round pick that ascends to our #2 CB.  I loved what little I saw at the end of last year.

How much "training time" did any of them have last year? I believe it was all spent on Zoom calls. Cut the guy some slack. This past offseason proves that he's fighting to improve himself, and thus the team by extension. I can root for anyone who does that.

I also root for Dane, because if he becomes a quality starter, it means that I was right about him after what I saw last year, and I can start thread after thread to crow about it for years to come! LOL

Both Jake Fromm and Davis Webb. I hope one (or both) of them steps up and proves he has the potential to be a good backup QB once Trubisky most likely leaves next year.

Edited by chongli