Oldest team Hi-lights 1960 Buffalo Bills & a Cookie Gilchrist Bills bio **Better video found and added

35 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yup, my first Bills game was at that Roman Coliseum knockoff called War Memorial. It looked hundreds of years old in 1969.

I lived right down the street. We used to walk to games and sit on the hard wooden seats. My butt still hurt from them 

Edited by Solomon Grundy
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Really looking forward to watching these. I can't remember my first game at the Rockpile. But I won two season tickets from a Tops' Raffle. It was 64 or 65. 

Now to go watch some Cookie!

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

You’re the man, Chand.

Im copying., and emailing to my sister to show my 90 year old Dad.  He loved Cookie, and he’ll love seeing Felser again as they were close friends from decades they worked together at the BN.

Thanks our resident tbd historian.

Imo, Cookie comes off as an imbecile. It’s pretty clear from this, there’d be no recognition of him while Ralph was alive.

Loved how Felser didn’t mince words with Cookie’s response to the bewildered Patriots! Would have loved to buy Larry all the beer he could drink at a bowling alley some night..

• Like (+1) 1

• Chandler#81 changed the title to Oldest team Hi-lights 1960 Buffalo Bills & a Cookie Gilchrist Bills bio **Better video found and added

Awesome trip down memory lane. 

Cookie was a great football player.  Always concerned about money and getting his share.   What a handful on and off the field.  Paul McGuire had a great story of how Cookie once got permission from Ralph Wilson to sell Christmas trees in front of the Rockpile before games.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

Remember WMS, 1960, big time, My father took me there .. was 8 , but remember it like it was yesterday.. Early 60's not too productive until Saban . Just going , all the memories ,nothing compares. Thank you for sharing!

So yer sayin’ you too look like this. ❤️ Ya!

D5FA97E9-1A54-4066-9862-2851836A546D.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Imo, Cookie comes off as an imbecile. It’s pretty clear from this, there’d be no recognition of him while Ralph was alive.

Loved how Felser didn’t mince words with Cookie’s response to the bewildered Patriots! Would have loved to buy Larry all the beer he could drink at a bowling alley some night..

Thanks for the vids Chandler. 

I think you’re being kinda tough on Cookie, though. The man wanted his money. It’s not inconceivable that a black kid with a HS education was ripped off some. He might have held onto it too long, but I’ll take his word that he was ripped off.

Now, I gotta search for the 2006 vid he notes. There are far too few Cookie highlights out there.

11 minutes ago, slipkid said:

Thanks for the vids Chandler. 

I think you’re being kinda tough on Cookie, though. The man wanted his money. It’s not inconceivable that a black kid with a HS education was ripped off some. He might have held onto it too long, but I’ll take his word that he was ripped off.

Now, I gotta search for the 2006 vid he notes. There are far too few Cookie highlights out there.

Ya think?  Also the guy's brain revealed he had CTE, almost certainly as a result of playing football.