Not Real News - Funny that we actually need something like this for folks

Just reading the first story on the website shows the biased "fact-checking"

Ā 

-Republicans didn't free the slaves, the army did.... haha

-The KKK wasn't formed by democrats because some democrats didn't approve. lol

-THe myth that democrats and republicans decided to switch sides....

• Eyeroll 1

8 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

This is true. I used to think them impartial, but Iā€™ve started side by side reviews of headline positioning and story content, they are aligned with cnn and msnbc

Ā 

Alignment could just be that for those stories cnn and msnbc were factual - it happens.

Ā 

As to Associated Press bias:

All sides media bias checker

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

7 hours ago, WideNine said:

Ā 

Alignment could just be that for those stories cnn and msnbc were factual - it happens.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Went to AP site and first political article:https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-fl-state-wire-ohio-campaign-2016-trump-impeachment-939c98aadd22d09056e9ce5a7c79064f

Ā 

If you think this is centrist you are an extreme leftist. I will agree AP does well with non political stories but politically they are definitely leftist.

11 hours ago, WideNine said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Did you see this excerpt from that site?Ā 

Ā 

NOTE:Ā This rating is for AP's general coverage of news and world events. AllSides ratesĀ APā€™s Politics and Fact Check sections separately, as Lean Left.

The Associated Press's general coverage of news and world events has aĀ CenterĀ media bias, though close toĀ Lean Left.Ā 

AP is a source that AllSides has struggled to rate, due to its content seeming to toe the line between Center and Lean Left. People on the right may be more likely to see APā€™s content as clearly Lean Left. While AP's news and world reporting is largely Center, AllSides has found AP often includes subjective, leftward analysis in hard news reports and omits sources in its political writing; in addition, its fact checks are biased to the left ā€”Ā read more about AP Politics and Fact Check bias here.

Ā 

• Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Did you see this excerpt from that site?Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

That was a good catch.

Ā 

Was not aware that they broke out the site bias by topics. Also, if I were going to be a bit more serious about this AP site it seems designed to lead folks into their main stream content so.... click bait.

Ā 

My point about fake media reports is less about subjective political policy takes which always tend to lean one way or another and are ripe (just as this forum is) for confirmation bias.

Ā 

Rather I was more focused on debunking things you can actually check like the wind turbine melting because of the hot weather (false), or that vaccinated individuals shed and spread Covid-19 (false).

Ā 

I still find the need for such sites humorous, but as Beasley has proven, folks are gullible.

Ā 

Most media bias survey sites consider AP News fairly centrist on the whole. Here is another site that has pulled the outlets into a chart.

Ā 

Media bias plotting (graphs... not conspiracies)

Ā 

I think most land where you expect them to if you have tuned into them for a bit and listened critically.

Ā 

Reuters is another of my favorites and they land in the middle and unlike most of the others give far less priority to mixing divisive opinion piecesĀ (usually tied to conservative or liberal think tanks and/or super PACs) into their main stream coverage.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, WideNine said:

That was a good catch.

Ā 

Was not aware that they broke out the site bias by topics. Also, if I were going to be a bit more serious about this AP site it seems designed to lead folks into their main stream content so.... click bait.

Ā 

My point about fake media reports is less about subjective political policy takes which always tend to lean one way or another and are ripe (just as this forum is) for confirmation bias.

Ā 

Rather I was more focused on debunking things you can actually check like the wind turbine melting because of the hot weather (false), or that vaccinated individuals shed and spread Covid-19 (false).

Ā 

I still find the need for such sites humorous, but as Beasley has proven, folks are gullible.

Ā 

Most media bias survey sites consider AP News fairly centrist on the whole. Here is another site that has pulled the outlets into a chart.

Ā 

Media bias plotting (graphs... not conspiracies)

Ā 

I think most land where you expect them to if you have tuned into them for a bit and listened critically.

Ā 

Reuters is another of my favorites and they land in the middle and unlike most of the others give far less priority to mixing divisive opinion piecesĀ (usually tied to conservative or liberal think tanks and/or super PACs) into their main stream coverage.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Decent chart, tough to measure as you even have variation amongst journalists. I also think it morphs over time. Bloomberg went way left then has made its way back recently.Ā 

Ā 

im surprised New York post is considered close to center. Newsweek has stuck me as more centered..Ā 

Ā 

AP though, they reported Trump daily every time he tweeted or said something dumbĀ and it was scathing rebuke. They were very critical of the administration.Ā ok fine his administration was historicallyĀ terrible at messaging just to make one aspect. And there was plenty to criticize.Ā 
Ā 

But Biden is barely covered and the gaffes arenā€™t getting headlines. No critical commentary on comments like ā€œlatinx arenā€™t getting vaccinated because they are afraid they will get deported.ā€ Thatā€™s a major AP headline if the president says that 6 months ago.Ā 

Ā 

Little about all the main topicsĀ being hammered last year.Ā Ā 
Ā 

thatā€™s why I tend to grab sources from all over that chart. Ā Also when I see a likelyĀ polarizingĀ Ā story I then search the other side for same story.Ā 
Ā 

Iā€™m always surprised what the AP omits.Ā 
Ā 

I mean todayā€™s first two stories under politics are about the ex-Ā President. Ā Arenā€™t they tired of writing about that doooooosche?Ā 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Decent chart, tough to measure as you even have variation amongst journalists. I also think it morphs over time. Bloomberg went way left then has made its way back recently.Ā 

Ā 

im surprised New York post is considered close to center. Newsweek has stuck me as more centered..Ā 

Ā 

AP though, they reported Trump daily every time he tweeted or said something dumbĀ and it was scathing rebuke. They were very critical of the administration.Ā ok fine his administration was historicallyĀ terrible at messaging just to make one aspect. And there was plenty to criticize.Ā 
Ā 

But Biden is barely covered and the gaffes arenā€™t getting headlines. No critical commentary on comments like ā€œlatinx arenā€™t getting vaccinated because they are afraid they will get deported.ā€ Thatā€™s a major AP headline if the president says that 6 months ago.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

thatā€™s why I tend to grab sources from all over that chart. Ā Also when I see a likelyĀ polarizingĀ Ā story I then search the other side for same story.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Agree.

Ā 

I do have to point out that many of theĀ "so-called" news outlets folks mention are just crawlers that troll and link to other news sources so it is hard to say they lean one way or another. If they seem to,Ā it would have to be based on their distribution of stories from left or right leaning sites as I am not sure they have their own reporting staff.

Ā 

For instance, MSNBC's page has links to stories from FOX news, The Washington Post, Newsweek, The Hill, The Washington Examiner, USA Today, Reuters, NBC, Wall Street Journal, Politico, CNN, and bunch of junk from entertainment outlets that I really never read and then clutter the whole works with ads (it's all about the revenue).

Ā 

Reuters (which does it's own reporting)Ā looks pretty anemic when you hit their site by comparison, but I think that is just the absence of most all of the other crap.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

52 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I mean todayā€™s first two stories under politics are about the ex-Ā President. Ā Arenā€™t they tired of writing about that doooooosche?Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

And to your last point I very much agree - I have PTSD every time I see a DT story as he was covered ad nauseum and tweeted like a leaking faucet. Just too much, too sensationalized, too divisive,Ā for way too long.

Ā 

Time to move on folks.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, TH3 said:

And yet....day after day....you post links to crap

And more links and more links and more links.Ā 
Ā 

This boardĀ got rid of itsĀ one massive rhymes-with-spitĀ posterĀ but not thisĀ spam bot.Ā 

9 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Ā 

Ā 

And to your last point I very much agree - I have PTSD every time I see a DT story as he was covered ad nauseum and tweeted like a leaking faucet. Just too much, too sensationalized, too divisive,Ā for way too long.

Ā 

Time to move on folks.

Ā 

Ā 

Amen and hallelujah.Ā 

Edited by John Adams
  • Thank you (+1) 1