Non-biased, well thought out comparison of Bills & Chiefs from KC fans perspective.

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Yep.

I’ve shirked my Mod duties on this thread til now based entirely on this narrative. My excuse being these types of threads don’t typically devolve into mud slinging/politics/race/vaccination, etc., and this indeed holds true to form. Granted, I’m slow (old?) to catch on to this new media venue where ‘nobodies’ chime in from their Mom’s basement and somehow find a nitch  following. 

Finally ventured in with my Sunday a.m. coffee and it’s exactly as I expected. Given the egregious alternatives lately, I’m all about fluff pieces -just NOT from other teams. If Sullivan can’t get a real job, why do these neighborhood junkies think they can.

Ill temper this salty entry with a thought; perhaps we (TSW) should create one..🤔 Hell, everyone else is..

How ‘bout a 3-Man team featuring @BADOLBILZ, @Mr. WEO & @ScottLaw??? Despite their ‘cantankeous’ nature, they ARE Bills fans..

Gold. Pure GOLD!😉😂 

LOL...I work best alone--self fluffing.  But thanks!

But based on the OP's own description, this is a complete #threadfail

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 6/25/2021 at 11:28 AM, Cusefan66214 said:

Pat mahomes is a literal god to the people of Kansas City. He can do no wrong by them. Comparisons to any other QB are laughable and will get you assaulted if you say otherwise.

I love living in KC but I get dumped on alot for being a proud Bills fan. I get mocked all the time for wearing my Allen jersey

Man, since my experience with KC fans during the 2015 MLB playoffs, this comes as a total shock /s

Buffalo is kinda similar. Only two major sports teams, long history of mediocrity for both, sudden success. KC fans should be a cautionary tale so we don't get too high on our own farts.

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Yep.

I’ve shirked my Mod duties on this thread til now based entirely on this narrative. My excuse being these types of threads don’t typically devolve into mud slinging/politics/race/vaccination, etc., and this indeed holds true to form. Granted, I’m slow (old?) to catch on to this new media venue where ‘nobodies’ chime in from their Mom’s basement and somehow find a nitch  following. 

Finally ventured in with my Sunday a.m. coffee and it’s exactly as I expected. Given the egregious alternatives lately, I’m all about fluff pieces -just NOT from other teams. If Sullivan can’t get a real job, why do these neighborhood junkies think they can.

Ill temper this salty entry with a thought; perhaps we (TSW) should create one..🤔 Hell, everyone else is..

How ‘bout a 3-Man team featuring @BADOLBILZ, @Mr. WEO & @ScottLaw??? Despite their ‘cantankeous’ nature, they ARE Bills fans..

Gold. Pure GOLD!😉😂 

I’d watch those three and take bets or run a pool who is the first one to throw a paper airplane at the other, and so on..  this could be a nice side income for me Chand.

They are salty, but no one can question their Bills fandom, so as Jean Luke says…

• Haha (+1) 2

On 6/25/2021 at 11:05 AM, Bobby Hooks said:

Not to mention Allen was 2nd in mvp voting. So… 

I agree, if there’s a big gap it’s Kelce vs. Knox. Not Allen vs. Mahomes. 

I think If you removed Kelce from the whole equation Mahomes and the Chiefs take a big step backwards.

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

They actually ran the ball fine for most of the game. They got stuffed on 3rd and short once and overall struggled on 3rd down. 

Singletary was basically useless in the game, but I believe Yeldon averaged over 4 yards a carry in the game. I think the “lack of a running game” is severely overrated by many on here as a strong reason for why the offense struggled.

Yeldon averaged 4 yards a carry vs a defense that didn’t give a flying **** if and when we ran the the ball.  The only thing they tried to stop the entire game was the pass.  The offense struggled because our lack of a running game allowed the KC D to tee off on 17 and the WR…..not because our running game couldn’t get yards in that game.  The chiefs allowed us to run just like we allowed the chiefs to run in the first meeting.  Problem being, we could never run the ball the way KC ran the ball in the first meeting…..and we would never even try to do such a thing even though it was obvious that they were selling out to stop the pass.

if you don’t think that was a major problem, you need to think harder.  

• Awesome! (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeldon averaged 4 yards a carry vs a defense that didn’t give a flying **** if and when we ran the the ball.  The only thing they tried to stop the entire game was the pass.  The offense struggled because our lack of a running game allowed the KC D to tee off on 17 and the WR…..not because our running game couldn’t get yards in that game.  The chiefs allowed us to run just like we allowed the chiefs to run in the first meeting.  Problem being, we could never run the ball the way KC ran the ball in the first meeting…..and we would never even try to do such a thing even though it was obvious that they were selling out to stop the pass.

When an opponent scores on you every time they touch the ball that will take the run out of the equation regardless of how well your team runs it.

Ask Tennessee who basically had the same thing happen to them in the 2019 AFCCG.........got out to a 10 point lead........Chiefs hung 28 unanswered on them as their defense couldn't hang with Mahomes and his playmakers.......game ***** over.

It's a passing league.

The Patriots did manage to deflate the football against them in the first half of the 2018 AFCCG but that veteran lead team was executing at a much higher level on both sides of the ball than the Bills were capable of...........and the Chiefs stormed back on them and SHOULD have won that game.

It would be *nice* to improve the run game but that's not even close to the solution to beating the Chiefs.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Exactly why I was praying for Najee Harris in the draft.

Boost the run and pass...

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

When an opponent scores on you every time they touch the ball that will take the run out of the equation regardless of how well your team runs it.

Ask Tennessee who basically had the same thing happen to them in the 2019 AFCCG.........got out to a 10 point lead........Chiefs hung 28 unanswered on them as their defense couldn't hang with Mahomes and his playmakers.......game ***** over.

It's a passing league.

The Patriots did manage to deflate the football against them in the first half of the 2018 AFCCG but that veteran lead team was executing at a much higher level on both sides of the ball than the Bills were capable of...........and the Chiefs stormed back on them and SHOULD have won that game.

It would be *nice* to improve the run game but that's not even close to the solution to beating the Chiefs.

Running the ball well helps control the clock and keeps the other teams high powered O on the sidelines IMO.

18 minutes ago, Figster said:

Exactly why I was praying for Najee Harris in the draft.

Boost the run and pass...

Running the ball well helps control the clock and keeps the other teams high powered O on the sidelines IMO.

Nobody has ever run the ball better than the Ravens the past couple seasons and they have an elite scoring offense........and they also have a great secondary to counter the Chiefs receiving threats............but they are helpless against the Chiefs.

And don't tell anybody........don't want to disrupt that narrative about the run game.........but the Bills ypc average was better than the SB champion, Chief-slaying, Bucs last year.

Primarily you gotta' be able to go blow-for-blow in the pass game with KC.   The rules of the game are skewed to favor those who can move the ball in the air.  There are a lot of other ways to win matchups but improving the run game is well down the list.   Getting out to leads running the ball doesn't deter/scare the Chiefs.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

LOL...I work best alone--self fluffing.  But thanks!

But based on the OP's own description, this is a complete #threadfail

I love Mr. Weo .. sure he is a little too predictable… disagree, complain, say little of value, complain some more. We are in the off-season.. there isn’t much out there. If someone wants to ignore threads you have that supreme power unless someone has you at gun point forcing you to read every thread. There has been some decent interaction based on the initial thread but because you feel the need to read then disagree, complain, say very little of value and again complain .. my response should be what? Oh the all mighty, all knowing Mr. Weo didn’t like my thread .. I won’t post any more or should I just ignore your griping? Perhaps I can start any new threads with NOWEO. Life is too short for you to be this miserable all the time. Smile you will live longer and annoy others less #WeoUselessResponse

Edited by CorkScrewHill
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Nobody has ever run the ball better than the Ravens the past couple seasons and they have an elite scoring offense........and they also have a great secondary to counter the Chiefs receiving threats............but they are helpless against the Chiefs.

And don't tell anybody........don't want to disrupt that narrative about the run game.........but the Bills ypc average was better than the SB champion, Chief-slaying, Bucs last year.

Primarily you gotta' be able to go blow-for-blow in the pass game with KC.   The rules of the game are skewed to favor those who can move the ball in the air.  There are a lot of other ways to win matchups but improving the run game is well down the list.   Getting out to leads running the ball doesn't deter/scare the Chiefs.

As was explained by another poster, become one dimensional and the opponent tees off on your one dimension.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's a passing league.

Sure, it’s a passing league.  It’s also a coaching league.  If your offense is so one dimensional that your opponent can sell out to stop the one aspect your successful at, there’s a chance a DC can take away of slow down your one dimension.  That’s what happened.  We moved the ball and then couldn’t punch it in.  We had some success, but not enough success to score TDs.  

yes, our defense couldn’t stop the KC offense.  That is the main reason we lost the game.  In order to beat a team that you can’t stop, you must score more.  It’s easier to score more when you can run and pass.  If you’re insinuating that we couldn’t run because we were getting blown out, we were actually winning the game until 9 mins left in the 2nd qtr.  We had a 6 play drive- punt, 5 play drive- punt, 3 plays- punt in the first half.  We had 2 legit drives and were given a free TD.  At no point in the first half, we’re we down so big where we had to pass and running the ball became irrelevant.  Those 3 drives that ended in punts is where we had a chance go blow to blow with them…..but we couldn’t score.  And it had nothing to do with being down so much that we had to air it out.  

my comment was with regards to “I think the “lack of a running game” is severely overrated by many on here as a strong reason for why the offense struggled.”  

the lack of a running game was the reason that KC could defend us the way they did.  The KC D game plan is why our offense struggled.  They go hand in hand and our lack of a running is one of the reasons our offense struggled vs KC and their game plan that sold out to stop our pass

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The Bills barely tried to run the ball, but when they did Yeldon was picking up 4-5 yards rush…. Your right. They didn’t give a ***** because their offense was scoring at will. It forced our hand. 

Yeah…..but he was getting those yards because the KC D was selling out to stop the pass.  They gave us the run…..and we still couldn’t score.  That is a problem.  The game wasn’t out of hand in the first half.  It would’ve been closer if the O would’ve scored.  The O might have scored of the KC d wasn’t selling out to stop our one successful dimension.  Just like we sold out to stop Baltimore and their one dimensional run game….. it’s the same thing. 

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

I love Mr. Weo .. sure he is a little too predictable… disagree, complain, say little of value, complain some more. We are in the off-season.. there isn’t much out there. If someone wants to ignore threads you have that supreme power unless someone has you at gun point forcing you to read every thread. There has been some decent interaction based on the initial thread but because you feel the need to read then disagree, complain, say very little of value and again complain .. my response should be what? Oh the all mighty, all knowing Mr. Weo didn’t like my thread .. I won’t post any more or should I just ignore your griping? Perhaps I can start any new threads with NOWEO. Life is too short for you to be this miserable all the time. Smile you will live longer and annoy others less #WeoUselessResponse

To ignore, is to deprive oneself of basic pleasures of being here.

My disagreement was pretty straightforward--it hardly required an "all knowing" response.  Simple fact is that you chose a thread title that was immediately proven inaccurate by your own first post.  It's ok for anyone to point that out.

I'm smiling still.....

On 6/25/2021 at 12:08 PM, Mark Vader said:

NO!

The big gap is our defensive lines.

Our O-Line was torn to shreds and Josh Allen was under constant pressure.

Patrick Mahomes had 5 days to get rid of the ball.

I will agree with that but admit at the very least there is a Grand Canyon sized gap between Kelce and Knox....

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kwai San said:

I will agree with that but admit at the very least there is a Grand Canyon sized gap between Kelce and Knox....

I stated later that Kelce is superior to Knox, and there is no doubt about it. I just have concerns elsewhere on our team, which I am happy to see them address this in the draft with the selections of Rousseau & Basham.

I also believe that Knox will get better. He has gotten better every year, albeit slowly.

• Like (+1) 1

Nice to see guys that do their homework and I do not mind if there is some bias there - I agree with most of it.

We were outcoached and had no answers for Kelce, and Allen is not as calm and cool in the big games (yet) as Mahomes, but the big stage was newer to Allen and he seems to be getting more and more comfortable playing on it as he continues to lead this team into more playoff/postseason appearances. So I am OK with that observation and that Allen is steadily closing the gap.

I think Mahomes is more comfortable in bigger games, but he also was not facing the same level of jail break pressure that Allen was either. Tampa rattled Mahomes and got to him quite a bit. No QB looks sensational when running for his life and most (if not all) will make mistakes and turn the ball over in those situations.

They are absolutely spot-on regarding Kelce. The Bills coaching staff needs to UP THEIR GAME when it comes how they play the better TE's in the league. I know they believe in their system, but when that system consistently gets burnt by good players at one position, they need to show that they have that growth mindset they keep talking about and adapt their strategy to better meet the challenge.

At least they need to mix their zone with more physical play on Kelce to disrupt his routes and timing in and out of those zones. Up to now I have mostly seen our coverage against TE's playing 2-3 yards off which is a mistake. Often I have seen them covering TE's with smaller guys and they probably should have LB's and Safeties on them.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Figster said:

As was explained by another poster, become one dimensional and the opponent tees off on your one dimension.

As explained by me.........the Bucs were pretty one dimensional offensively last year.    

They won the Super Bowl.

The Chiefs were one-dimensional the year before.

They won the Super Bowl.

So the past 2 SB champs prove that you and "another poster" are wrong.

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They couldn’t score because they were dominated on 3rd down…. Their receivers couldn’t get open and their offensive line was manhandled, specifically Feliciano…. They need to be better running the ball but it wasn’t the reason or even a big reason they lost the game, IMO. 

Yeah.  In your opinion. 

If a team sells out 💯 to stop your pass and you refuse to run, than it’s a problem.  The game wasn’t a blowout in the first half. There was plenty of time to run

Edited by NewEra
  • Thank you (+1) 1