Non-biased, well thought out comparison of Bills & Chiefs from KC fans perspective.

3 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Only the first 20 minutes are related to KC vs Buffalo

Feel Buffalo is the biggest threat to KC. Think the Bills coaching in particular is strong though out-coached in the two games last year. Main gap between the two organizations from their perspective is Mahommes vs Allen though the love Allen and think his continued growth could further level the playing field.

If they weren't in the AFC they would love to root for the Bills .. they love the team.

Thanks for posting this.

This was well done.  I think the interesting thing for me was the discussion of the Bills draft picks.  How these guys were all on the Chiefs radar as the type of player the Chiefs would typically select.  Coaching tree influence?  I like their discussion a lot.    Nice to listen to a non-trash-talking take from an opponent's fan base.  There was a fair amount of admiration expressed for the Bills team and coaching staff.

I think the one thing that is really not coming through in all the talking heads reaction to the AFCCG was the Bills WRs were really banged up for that game.  What we know now, torn muscle, broken leg, deep bruises all played their part in slowing down the offense.  I'm not taking anything away from the Chief's defense, they played well.  The DBs were mugging the WRs and the DLINE was abusing the interior of the Bills OLINE.

Should be really interesting to see how the Bills go after them BOTH times this year.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

NO!

The big gap is our defensive lines.

Our O-Line was torn to shreds and Josh Allen was under constant pressure.

Patrick Mahomes had 5 days to get rid of the ball.

It’s kinda hard to tell. Did you disagree? 

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

It’s kinda hard to tell. Did you disagree? 

Hard to tell? You didn't see how much Patrick Mahomes had to throw the ball in that game as compared to Josh Allen?

Disagree with what?

13 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Hard to tell? You didn't see how much Patrick Mahomes had to throw the ball in that game as compared to Josh Allen?

Disagree with what?

I was commenting on the bolded giant letters and exclamation point. It was pretty clear you disagreed. 

Your point doesn’t get more valid the louder you make it. 

Do you employ that tactic in everyday conversations? If so, I bet there are many times you walk away feeling the victor when in actuality they were probably just trying to get you to calm down and stop spitting your lunch in their face. 

You have a lot of hot button bumper stickers on your hatchback don’t you? 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

The difference was the trenches.  

Against the Bucs the Chiefs looked like the Bills did against them.

If we have a top 5 defense that gets to the QB just sending 4 guys we are going to win multiple SBs in the Allen era.

Which is why I didn't mind the draft strategy at all this year. 

Hope we find our Danielle Hunter.  

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I was commenting on the bolded giant letters and exclamation point. It was pretty clear you disagreed. 

Your point doesn’t get more valid the louder you make it. 

Do you employ that tactic in everyday conversations? If so, I bet there are many times you walk away feeling the victor when in actuality they were probably just trying to get you to calm down and stop spitting your lunch in their face. 

You have a lot of hot button bumper stickers on your hatchback don’t you? 

I don't know what any of this means.

You will notice that the other person who responded to you, also responded with big bolded letters. Which is why I chose the same format. Did you send him this same message as you sent to me?

As for the topic at hand.....

Is Travis Kelce a better Tight End than Dawson Knox? Yes.

Is our Tight End position the main reason why the Chiefs are better than the Bills? No.

Actually we should be giving Dawson Knox a little more credit. He showed up in that game and made several catches for the Bills. As he did in the Colts game.

I feel that our defensive lines were the bigger issue, as I have stated.

5 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I don't know what any of this means.

You will notice that the other person who responded to you, also responded with big bolded letters. Which is why I chose the same format. Did you send him this same message as you sent to me?

As for the topic at hand.....

Is Travis Kelce a better Tight End than Dawson Knox? Yes.

Is our Tight End position the main reason why the Chiefs are better than the Bills? No.

Actually we should be giving Dawson Knox a little more credit. He showed up in that game and made several catches for the Bills. As he did in the Colts game.

I feel that our defensive lines were the bigger issue, as I have stated.

So you don’t have a hatchback then? 

• Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

The biggest gaps were our offense had zero answers for the Chiefs pass rush and our defense could not even slow down Kelce. 

The passing game stalled and we had no run game or screen game to counter with.

Mahomes found Kelce at will in both games that kept so many drives alive.  4 TDs in the two meetings last year.

Yes. All that combined with the refs allowing the Chiefs defensive backs to play very physical coverage (often allowing holding, even), something they did not allow in the Superbowl.

Kelce and Hill terrorized the Bills in the championship game. Even if the Bills had been clicking on offense, it would have been really hard to overcome our lack of ability to deal with those two players.

But honestly, the Chiefs were just firing on all cylinders, something they had not been doing the previous handful of weeks, and the Bills were not firing on all cylinders. Could have been a very different game. But I do think the Chiefs are better than the Bills.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 1

Lots of valid points made here.  Teams that played KC well, kept outside containment on Mahomes and pressured him up the middle.  The Bills d-line didn't accomplish that on many plays.  When they did, Mahomes quickly threw the ball away.  Mahomes is very good at quickly recognizing a play that is about to break down.  He doesn't take many bad sacks.

It also seems to me that Mahomes has been more prone to injury than Allen.  Maybe Allen has the same kinds of injuries but we never seem to know because he is able to play through them.  I expect coordinators around the league may be willing to take more chances to put hits on Mahomes because sitting back in coverage has not seemed to work.  They'll want to find out if he can take the hits and keep performing at a high level.

The Bills need to run the ball to compete with KC.  This does shorten the game (less Mahomes opportunities) and will get KC out of the two deep safety looks that they often use.

Right now I think KC plays a better game than the Bills.  The rosters are real close in talent but I see the big difference is in the Reid vs Daboll/Frazier match up. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I'm coming to the conclusion that the differences between the Bills & Chiefs don't really matter that much to you.

I mean, I certainly have my opinions about it. But really what are we doing here? Debating why the chiefs are better than us? Seems like a silly way to spend our time. I’m sure we’re all a little right. 

Going by the original premise, the guy said Mahomes and Allen was the biggest gap. Going by that and that alone, I think the gap between Knox and Kelce is the largest gap, and to me it’s not even debatable. 

Are there other reasons why we lost, sure. But to sit here and try to convince others what is the biggest reason seems pretty silly to me. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, sven233 said:

Honestly, I thought the biggest gap last season between the Bills and Chiefs had little to do with the players and more with the coaching.  Frasier and McDermott had pretty much the exact opposite game plan at stopping the Chiefs than I would have gone in with. 

I was fully expecting bracket coverage on Kelce and Hill forcing the Chiefs to find someone else to beat them but instead they tried playing their traditional zone man scheme that they run a lot of the time and that is not the way you are going to beat that team.  It won't work because Mahomes is too goof off script and those guys will eventually find holes in the coverage and beat you for big plays.  Happened the entire game and they never adjusted. 

I'm not saying what I was wanting to do would have worked, but it should have been tried since after the first couple of possessions it was obvious their scheme was not going to work.  Through this poor defensive scheme, on top of a very lackluster offensive scheme that looked nothing like the offensive approach the team had used for most of the season, I truly believe that coaching was the biggest difference, not the players.

I actually thought KC's defensive scheme against us was the biggest reason we lost both games.

They were one of the few teams that could consistently generate pressure while blanketing our wr's and / or confusing Allen with coverages. 

They got 2-3  more stops than most teams. Otherwise we could have been in position to win both games in a shootout. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Visiting their board they have to be the most unlikable fans in the league. 

I never had anything against them until recently. Their fanbase has flowered into an absolutely loathsome group. 

You’d never hear anything from them until they started winning. Now they’re in every comment section worldwide spitting their tactless garbage mouths off at the slightest hint of someone saying something remotely positive about their own team.  They simply can’t stomach someone saying anything about another team without mentioning how good KC is. 

My point is this, I always thought the Pats fans were the worst In terms of arrogance. They actually had decades worth of winning and excellence to draw from, and seeing now what a few seasons worth of excellent football can do to a fanbase I’m thinking they weren’t actually all that bad. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, jletha said:

I would disagree that the largest gap is at QB. Allen was very close to Mahomes statistically last year and while I think Mahomes is better there are other positions with larger gaps. Particularly at TE. I think Kelce allows them to exploit defensive matchups that we cant because of his versatility. Beyond that their defensive line was much better than ours.

Im not sure if you swap Mahomes and Allen last season the result of the AFC Champ would be different.

Pass rush for me.

Chiefs D line owned the bills o line.

And Cheifs o line owned the Bills D line

1 hour ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I mean, I certainly have my opinions about it. But really what are we doing here? Debating why the chiefs are better than us? Seems like a silly way to spend our time. I’m sure we’re all a little right. 

Going by the original premise, the guy said Mahomes and Allen was the biggest gap. Going by that and that alone, I think the gap between Knox and Kelce is the largest gap, and to me it’s not even debatable. 

Are there other reasons why we lost, sure. But to sit here and try to convince others what is the biggest reason seems pretty silly to me. 

In the grand scheme of things, perhaps it is silly, but we're talking about sports. Sports is entertainment, it's frivolous and fun.

We're not talking about solving the problems of the world.

Lots of people love sports and they love talking about sports and everyone has an opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

In the grand scheme of things, perhaps it is silly, but we're talking about sports. Sports is entertainment, it's frivolous and fun.

We're not talking about solving the problems of the world.

Lots of people love sports and they love talking about sports and everyone has an opinion.

If “loving sports” is sitting here debating  all the ways the Chiefs are better than the Bills I guess I don’t love it. 

Doesn’t seem fun or entertaining at all. Sounds less fun than watching an afc championship game where the refs allowed KCs defensive backs to hold our receivers every single play under the guise of “sticky coverage.” 

7 hours ago, H2o said:

Ref: "I told you the check cleared this morning and we weren't going to call PI, or Defensive Holding, and let your guys get away with a few cheap shots"

BB19Sbri.img?h=0&w=600&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=f&

in all seriousness, would have liked to see how these teams matched up or the refs called it the same way as they did in the super bowl. 

• Agree 1