Non-biased, well thought out comparison of Bills & Chiefs from KC fans perspective.

Only the first 20 minutes are related to KC vs Buffalo

Feel Buffalo is the biggest threat to KC. Think the Bills coaching in particular is strong though out-coached in the two games last year. Main gap between the two organizations from their perspective is Mahommes vs Allen though the love Allen and think his continued growth could further level the playing field.

If they weren't in the AFC they would love to root for the Bills .. they love the team.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I would disagree that the largest gap is at QB. Allen was very close to Mahomes statistically last year and while I think Mahomes is better there are other positions with larger gaps. Particularly at TE. I think Kelce allows them to exploit defensive matchups that we cant because of his versatility. Beyond that their defensive line was much better than ours.

Im not sure if you swap Mahomes and Allen last season the result of the AFC Champ would be different.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 5

1 minute ago, jletha said:

I would disagree that the largest gap is at QB. Allen was very close to Mahomes statistically last year and while I think Mahomes is better there are other positions with larger gaps. Particularly at TE. I think Kelce allows them to exploit defensive matchups that we cant because of his versatility. Beyond that their defensive line was much better than ours.

Im not sure if you swap Mahomes and Allen last season the result of the AFC Champ would be different.

Not to mention Allen was 2nd in mvp voting. So… 

I agree, if there’s a big gap it’s Kelce vs. Knox. Not Allen vs. Mahomes. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Bobby Hooks said:

^^^^^^  THIS!  ^^^^^^^^

Pat mahomes is a literal god to the people of Kansas City. He can do no wrong by them. Comparisons to any other QB are laughable and will get you assaulted if you say otherwise.

I love living in KC but I get dumped on alot for being a proud Bills fan. I get mocked all the time for wearing my Allen jersey

Edited by Cusefan66214
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Honestly, I thought the biggest gap last season between the Bills and Chiefs had little to do with the players and more with the coaching.  Frasier and McDermott had pretty much the exact opposite game plan at stopping the Chiefs than I would have gone in with. 

I was fully expecting bracket coverage on Kelce and Hill forcing the Chiefs to find someone else to beat them but instead they tried playing their traditional zone man scheme that they run a lot of the time and that is not the way you are going to beat that team.  It won't work because Mahomes is too goof off script and those guys will eventually find holes in the coverage and beat you for big plays.  Happened the entire game and they never adjusted. 

I'm not saying what I was wanting to do would have worked, but it should have been tried since after the first couple of possessions it was obvious their scheme was not going to work.  Through this poor defensive scheme, on top of a very lackluster offensive scheme that looked nothing like the offensive approach the team had used for most of the season, I truly believe that coaching was the biggest difference, not the players.

• Thank you (+1) 4

26 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

The biggest gaps were our offense had zero answers for the Chiefs pass rush and our defense could not even slow down Kelce. 

The passing game stalled and we had no run game or screen game to counter with.

Mahomes found Kelce at will in both games that kept so many drives alive.  4 TDs in the two meetings last year.

• Like (+1) 1

We lost the games at the line of scrimmage, both offensively and defensively.  We could not run not adequately protect J Allen, he was under assault, their D Line totally outclassed our O Line.  And our D Line was not match for their O Line.  We saw what Mahomes can look like when he doesn't have great protection, look at the Super Bowl vs TB.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5

37 minutes ago, H2o said:

Ref: "I told you the check cleared this morning and we weren't going to call PI, or Defensive Holding, and let your guys get away with a few cheap shots"

BB19Sbri.img?h=0&w=600&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=f&

So what changed during the Super Bowl?

1 hour ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Summarizing:

better TE play, better "speed/burner" WR play, better run blocking, better DL pressure

Observations from which I derive that:

1) TE Travis Kelce vs Buffalo zone D.  Mahomes knew just how to manipulate the Bills zone D to find gaps, and Kelce knew how to fill those gaps and make catches.

2) "Cheetah" Hill vs Bills CB coverage

3) Chiefs running game and dink-n-dunk passing game - they could run it when they needed to - this was pretty much the story of in-season win

4) Bills inability to pressure the QB vs the 2020 standard KC OL (it was decimated during the SB with the LT out and 3 guys playing out of position)

5) Chiefs ability to stifle 3 injured WR with "sticky" press-man coverage

6) Chiefs ability to pressure the QB and limit the time the wideouts had to beat it

7) Bills lack of strong TE play and pass-catching RB play to force the Chiefs out of Dime

4 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

So what changed during the Super Bowl?

1) the Chiefs were playing without their LT, and did so by having 3 OLmen playing different positions.  The Bucs arguably have a better pass rushing/pressuring DL than the Bills and combining that with KC having to play the JV on OL meant Mahomes was playing "run, Rabbit, run!"

2) for whatever reason, the referees were calling DPI and DH on the Chiefs DB.  Theories on why this changed, abound

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Hooks said:

58 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

^^^^^^  THIS!  ^^^^^^^^

NO!

The big gap is our defensive lines.

Our O-Line was torn to shreds and Josh Allen was under constant pressure.

Patrick Mahomes had 5 days to get rid of the ball.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

16 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

We lost the games at the line of scrimmage, both offensively and defensively.  We could not run not adequately protect J Allen, he was under assault, their D Line totally outclassed our O Line.  And our D Line was not match for their O Line.  We saw what Mahomes can look like when he doesn't have great protection, look at the Super Bowl vs TB.

Our O-line got blown up on the interior all day. Chris Jones got penetration and Frank Clark won off the edge. Our rb's could barely even get out of the backfield.

On defense, Hill and Kelce were uncoverable and burned us consistently. Mahomes wasn't 100% healthy, but our defensive line still rarely pressured him. 

While I like the idea of continuity, I really think we need to get at least one dominant interior offensive lineman in order to take our offense to the next level. The Chiefs got better by signing Thuney, Orlando Brown, Kyle Long, and drafting Creed Humphrey, while the Bills drafted a couple developmental tackles that probably won't see the field for a couple years. We have about 10 million in cap space and hopefully there is a top guard released over the summer.

Edited by Allen2Diggs