Nov. 26, 1978 Terry Miller had himself a Day!

ah teen-age  1970s memories...game was not sold-out and not on TV..so had to listen to it on the radio and thought this guy would be the next OJ..or more realistically a quality running back featured in the ground Chuck (Knox) gameplans...so wha happened...off-field issues I suspect

Edited by First Round Bust

Never saw those clips before (like Bust, I listened to the game on the radio). Am fascinated that CBS had their #1 PbP team of Pat Summerall and Tom Brookshier doing a late season game between also-rans. Guess Pat wanted to cover a Giants game.

Miller was quick but easy to tackle (at least by teams other than the Giants). Had a mediocre 1979, couldn't catch the ball out of the backfield so the Bills drafted Joe Cribbs in 1980 and that was that for the Heisman runner-up.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, mushypeaches said:

it's not that - it's that you listed 6 skill players and you can only have 5

I don’t think it’s that, it’s the fact the 5 OL, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 FB, and 1 QB equals 12 men on offense at the same time. 

I also don’t think number of skill players matters. You could put 11 skill players out there as long as you have at least seven on the LOS and any needing to report to the ref report to the ref. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, RJ (not THAT RJ) said:

Never saw those clips before (like Bust, I listened to the game on the radio). Am fascinated that CBS had their #1 PbP team of Pat Summerall and Tom Brookshier doing a late season game between also-rans. Guess Pat wanted to cover a Giants game.

Miller was quick but easy to tackle (at least by teams other than the Giants). Had a mediocre 1979, couldn't catch the ball out of the backfield so the Bills drafted Joe Cribbs in 1980 and that was that for the Heisman runner-up.

Those were great hilites.  Miller looked real fast that day.  I wish Singletary and Moss had that type of burst.  Maybe Breida will bring that for us this year.

Brookshier and Summerall were quite the TV announcing pair.  I used to watch them on the weekly hilite show called This week in Pro Football starting in the mid 70's.  Loved the hilites w the 70's music.  Awesome.

• Like (+1) 3

I love the humility and class after some of these runs & touchdowns. Just doing his job, no need to flaunt and taunt like so many athletes do today. Genuine jubilation after touchdown run, not choreographed BS. Miss those days. 

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Chandler, I love when you do this Mr. Historian so thanks.

He was part of the team that invented history, so it comes natural to him.  :)

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1