Has anyone ever visited The Ralph just to visit?

Or I guess Highmark Stadium as it's called these days.  

Something of a LAMP post but I was in the Buffalo/Niagara area not that long ago and wanted to drive by the stadium.  A lifelong out of town fan here.  I have been to the stadium before but the adreline before a game starts takes away from appreciating the scenery.  

I know some may frequent the Bills store there but there was something about it the quiet I really loved this time of year.  I've never been the most fond of people so I like quiet places.  The Buffalo botanical gardens were very nice for the same reason besides the nice exhibits.  

An additional bonus was seeing the 2020 AFC East Championship on the display screen in front of the stadium.  It's a source of pride even if not a Super Bowl banner.....

Edited by Another Fan
  • Like (+1) 6

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

I sleep in my seat all off-season.. should have stopped up , I have lots of room and beer

Lonely Euro Cup GIF by UEFA

All that time to yourself then would explain why your post count is so high on this site after the old BBMB.  

Next time... 

Edited by Another Fan

6 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

All that time to yourself then would explain why your post count is so high on this site after the old BBMB.  

Next time... 

Need to talk Buffalo bills somewhere 

And Somehow it's been 4 years since bbmb

Edited by Buffalo716

2 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Something of a LAMP post but I was in the Buffalo/Niagara area not that long ago and wanted to drive by the stadium.  A lifelong out of town fan here.  I have been to the stadium before but the adreline before a game starts takes away from appreciating the scenery.  

I know some may frequent the Bills store there but there was something about it the quiet I really loved this time of year.  I've never been the most fond of people so I like quiet places.  The Buffalo botanical gardens were very nice for the at very reason besides the nice exhibits.  

An additional bonus was seeing the 2020 AFC East Championship on the display screen in front of the stadium.  It's a source of pride even if not a Super Bowl banner.....

Glad you had a good time!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Went day before Bengals game 2 years ago, just innocently walking around the outside and got accosted by security and they were not f-ing around. Said, "get out of here right now or else" and watched us leave. We were outside the fence. Bizarre. Maybe the dude was having a bad day. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Another Fan said:

I know some may frequent the Bills store there but there was something about it the quiet I really loved this time of year.  I've never been the most fond of people so I like quiet places.  The Buffalo botanical gardens were very nice for the at very reason besides the nice exhibits.  

WAY BACK WHEN, I remember going with my dad to pick our seats for season tickets before the stadium opened in 1973. It was so cool to get an early look at the place and be there practically alone. It bordered on spiritual for this young kid!

A few years ago while back for a game I went a couple days early and visited the iconic Big Tree Inn. I had heard so many stories from back in the glory days I just wanted to go in and have lunch. For a guy who only sees the immediate stadium area on game days, it was almost spooky to see the stadium sitting there with nobody else in sight. 

I’m glad we both took the time to get that experience. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Went day before Bengals game 2 years ago, just innocently walking around the outside and got accosted by security and they were not f-ing around. Said, "get out of here right now or else" and watched us leave. We were outside the fence. Bizarre. Maybe the dude was having a bad day. 

And rightly so!  It's just a stadium!  What did you expect to see. 😉😜

They should have tackled and tazed you.  Something to remember.  😆

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

About 9 years ago, I took my son to a play60 event at the stadium. Met several players, got some autographs, walked up the tunnel and was taken on a tour of the locker room.  played catch with my son in both end zones. He also had a chance to kick PAT'S. But since he was only 6 at the time. He didn't quite reach the goal posts. Great father/son memory that I will never forget. Definitely a bucket list event. Once he got tired, we just chilled in the stands, and I told him about the players named on the wall. Great memories.

To answer the question. Yes, I visit the stadium anytime I am in Buffalo. 

Edited by DRA3196
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

its a picture op for out of towners in Orchard Park year round really.... a friend of mine who drives long haul semi truck pulled into town and took a video just around outside, saw some people roller blading in it. I wish I could post it he timed it with "staying Alive" and had his strut going around the stadium LOL ..an uber driver took the video while my buddy strutted #Instantclassic

Edited by Muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

And rightly so!  It's just a stadium!  What did you expect to see. 😉😜

They should have tackled and tazed you.  Something to remember.  😆

I know. Maybe the bolt-cutters were a mistake, but the pole vault pole was really just being used as a walking stick that time. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DRA3196 said:

About 9 years ago, I took my son to a play60 event at the stadium. Met several players, got some autographs, walked up the tunnel and was taken on a tour of the locker room.  played catch with my son in both end zones. He also had a chance to kick PAT'S. But since he was only 6 at the time. He didn't quite reach the goal posts. Great father/son memory that I will never forget. Definitely a bucket list event. Once he got tired, we just chilled in the stands, and I told him about the players named on the wall. Great memories.

To answer the question. Yes, I visit the stadium anytime I am in Buffalo. 

anymore play60 events at the stadium.  I'd love to do something like that with my kids (all 3 bills fans, including the daughter).